Medal of Honor: Warfighter Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Feb 23, 2012.

1. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Yes WW1 would be awesome, trench warfare, machine-guns, infantry rushes and gas attacks:)

2. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  3. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Let's hope this game isn't as buggy as the last. Sure, it's not as broken as Black Ops, but it was still quite buggy. Had to restart a level just so that the NPC would open the damn gate. A bit annoying but at least it's resolvable.

Hoping that this time that they don't use a hybrid engine, it would actually make the game better and more efficient. Medal of Honor (2010) felt like 2 games in one (SP and MP didn't seem to match). The MP was actually decent enough that I rather play it over Black Ops.

deltatux

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Black Ops wasn't buggy really, it just wouldn't run well on dual cores.
    I'm hoping the best for this game now that Dice isn't doing one part of it anymore.

5. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Had some game stopper bugs in SP aside from the subpar performance in MP ... no matter how much you tweak it for MP, it always has spots on the map that will dip below 50 FPS no matter what you do. I also had to disable shadows in certain areas so it won't drop to 30 FPS on both my old Radeon HD 4850 and my current Radeon HD 6870.

Treyarch managed to nerf an old engine ... like seriously *sigh*.

deltatux

6. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Never had any issues with Blops now or before on my old Q9650. Seems it has problems with certain hardware though as there is a lot of complainers..

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Sorry EA, but i'm sitting this one out. There are other titles coming out this year that deserve my money more.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I didn't have any issues with the previous Medal of Honor. It was very stable and ran very smoothly for me from day one.
    I can't comment on the MP side of things, but then again, that wasn't on Danger Close Studios... that was on DICE.

And if anyone actually believes DICE put a full effort into MoH's MP they are dreaming. DICE were currently supporting Bad Company 2 and pushing BF3... MoH was a rushed side project.

9. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    That's why this one should be good, the mp part was the only good bit in the game. The sp was rubbish, hard coded fov was enough for me.

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Odd.
    Most people I know have said the MP in MoH was complete ass because of how half done it was.

And personally, I found the single player to be extremely good and enjoyable. And the single player is the only reason I'm looking forward to this new one.

Also, your logic on that makes no sense. If the MP was what you enjoyed about the previous MoH, then why be excited for this one? As Danger Close are handling both single player and MP this time. Where they only did the single player before.

11. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Ya, the SP, aside from it looking pretty sh!tty since the version of UE3 that they were using pales in comparison to the Frostbite Engine was very enjoyable. There was only 1 show stopper bug with an NPC, but it was very enjoyable.

The MP was half-assed (but still amusing for some mindless fun).

deltatux

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    @tux: I had one issue in sp but I also wanted to play it right on release day. It was fixed by the very first patch.
    Everything else you mention is a typical cpu problem. The game may not have been perfectly optimized but with enough cpu power it doesn't dip anywhere, even with full graphical detail.

@abject: How did you come to that conclusion? If you liked the mp of the previous title, being made by a developer that isn't aboard this time, why should it be good? :)

I actually liked both mp and sp but the "amount" of content was just bad. The mp had only very few maps, weapons and classes and the sp was the shortest I've ever seen. BF3 was close now but even MW3's campaign took me much longer to complete (it was way more difficult, maybe because of that).
    I'll wait for some reviews this time as I don't want to buy another budget title for a full price.

13. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    The thing to be excited about is their fully using Frostbite 2 so wont have any hardcoded console douchebaggery like the UE3 verison they used last time.

14. MfA

MfA Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
  15. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    I saw that moment with opening the door and slow motion on CODMW2, WTF?

16. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    looked like a new SP campaign for BF3

17. [Drazio]

[Drazio] Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'd have to see some MP on PC before I consider buying it as so far the SP looks extremely dull, just like the last one.

What would interest me more is if it had ballistics similar to BF3/BC2 (Bullet drop/bullet travel & recoil) as I couldn't stand the last one's recoilless weapons that shot bullets as straight as a laser beam.. :puke2:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Looks ok visually, but MOH 2010 was one of the worst FPS's i've ever played and since its the same dev's i expect this to be just as dull, even Black Ops 2 looks better than this.

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Funny, I found Medal of Honor 2010 to be one of the best "war" FPS I've ever played. And because of that, I'm really looking forward to this one.

20. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I agree. The MoH campaign made me feel like an actual soldier and the missions were quite inspired at times. I never found it boring at all unlike CoD's mind numbing run n gun.