Medal of Honor 2010

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Shadowsoldier, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    ^ no idea mate, just downloaded from the AMD site and have been playing for the past hour

2. TriGGlety

TriGGlety Banned

GPU:
    HD6870 1G -(1680x1050)
    Counter Strike is old tedius and boring.

Its like playing with LegoLand. Whereas MOD is like Technics Lego.
    Its just better.
    :biggun:

3. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I have to give credit where credit is due, the open beta feels a lot better then the closed beta, the performance has improved tremendously. I can now play with everything maxed and I rarely drop a frame. Another big plus is the hit reg, I found it to be brilliant, no complaints.

That being said there's still plenty wrong with the game:

Snipers, it seems everyone and their dog is camping with a sniper rifle.

Kill Streaks are worthless, I barely got any kills when using them, I found it better to just use the UAV.

I sometimes found myself spawning with the enemy team at the start of the round.

EA servers kept dying on me, but I'll assume this will be fixed for live.

The server browser didn't show any servers.

Map is too crowded, ammo markers are huge and this hurts the UAV.

Overall a big improvement over closed beta, but not enough to make me buy it, especially with Black Ops coming out next month.

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I downloaded it from STEAM... no problems. And nobody on my private forum had any issues with it either.
    But, I've already uninstalled it. I'm still incredibly interested in the single player for the new MoH. But the MP feels like a half-assed Bad Company 2, better then MW2's MP... but that's really not saying much.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    STILL offline in the UK !

Whats going on, is it just me ?

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    This game is a complete bag of Sh&t!!!

Game has stupid amounts of lag! No Vsync support (D3DOverrider works but causes stutter and the lag does not help).

Guns have NO recoil and sound terrible.

Spawn camping is rife.

Death animations have been improved over June/July BETA but are still very primitive.

This game is terrible!? Why!?

Performance is ok, avg around 90fps with 4xaa, 16xaf all maxed out. But come on seriously NO Vsync support! Why is this disabled in the BETA!?

7. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    UK too just tested it and working fine here

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    What could I be doing wrong, its saying the servers are not available

I have allowed it through the firewall

9. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    * no idea mate, only thing I can think of is we might have downloaded from different sites, still, that shouldn't be an issue

10. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    [​IMG]
    This game makes me want to kill myself. The rag dolls are laughable. I made better rag doll mods than this for Rainbow6.

Its pretty effing boring. All games now that have stupid things to unlock just seem like ****! There is a quote someone said that games need to "bring back competition based skill, not unlocks" and I really believe it. This game really plays like one of those free FPS shooters.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010

11. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I laughed when I couldn't play, so I clicked "Logout" for fun.

It said

"Please Log in to use the log-out feature"

Just kinda made me laugh, I dunno.

12. HitokiriX

HitokiriX Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070

lol I got that last nite too I sat there thinking wtf that doesn't even make sense!

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's too different to be compared to something like Battlefield. Personally I never liked the later Battlefield games due to their strange balance. I prefer infantry combat and that just never worked out. No real chance against vehicles, bad hit reg and so on.
    Many of these things also apply to BC2, just that it doesn't have the good sides of BF2 ;)
    But MoH, at least for me, shows some great team-based gameplay and has working mechanics. Hit reg is ok, latency is ok, movement doesn't feel weird. I'm not sure if it has enough content to keep me entertained for a long time but I don't have time for two games on a regular basis anyhow ;)
    Somehow it feels like CoD:MW Pro-Mod to me. No perks, just a bunch of weapons, that's it. I really like these maps, if they could keep feeding it with such quality content they could really have a winner.

14. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Vsync works fine...You need to be in-game to enable it for some reason...must be bugged...Join a server and toggle it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Server list doesn't work but the matchmaking feature does and allows me to join quickly...have not experienced any lag yet and the graphics are stellar. Hit boxes seem fine to me...I never thought they were bad in BC2.

So far I like the game...Does feel a lot like BC2 but seems a little more realistic. Bad Company 2 felt a little cartoony to me. Just an opinion. I really want to see what the next COD is like before I buy anything. MOH 2010, MW2, BC2, and COD:BO will probably all be very similar. I don't know what else they can add to make these distinct titles. It is disappointing that MOH does not have the destructible buildings to the same extent as BC2 did.

If these games had single player modes like Fallout 3 with lots and lots of replayability it would be an easy choice and I would buy all of them. MW2 is now just a paperweight for me...BC2 will probably be the same once MOH and the next COD are released. Fact of the matter is that these are basically MP games with poo-ass linear SP modes.

I hope there are going to be a lot more unlocks than what I see in the menu screens. Does this game have the same bullet physics as BC2? I noticed that there was a range finder unlock for sniper classes for extreme range shots...seems pointless without some sort of bullet drop.

I also noticed that the top player has 7500 kills and 75 deaths in a little over 7 hours of play time. I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now...but Dice or Punkbuster employees should browse the leaderboards and require those really high KD players to record a few rounds of them playing...if that player cannot maintain an average of at least 75% of that 100:1 KD ratio they should be disciplined.

[​IMG]

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    the last good moh for me was allied assault and its addons. after that they felt really poor.

somehow i think you will be dissapointed. games arent what they used to be, we are getting older, the world ends in 2012 etc .. :p

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    with the asking of my friend, i downloaded the BETA..and played for 15 min or something..that was enough for me to remember why i was refunded from steam for the game.

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    15 whole minutes ? how long did it take to actually download it ? :D :D

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    21 minutes lol. I cant say game is bad but boring for me.

19. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Same, i like it a bit because of the graphic, snow is appealing to me :D
    but in terms of MP, it sucks hard. COD4 owns it easily, the mayhem and madness in COD4 is above this game.

I give more chance, but it seems that i skip that game, and probably pick Black Ops, now if we could play BO beta

20. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    It's PunkBuster, what did you expected? Albeit PB is slightly better than VAC. It's still a contest between turd and diarrhea.

Also see this thread: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/medal-honor-series/1361299-rampant-cheating.html
    This is also really bad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU4pkiFpWIE
    You would think some 'professional' game developers would try to put more effort into developing their application a little bit less hack prone for cheaters. But i guess just relying on a third party to be responsible for it is easiest way out.

Frankly, i'm quite disappointed to see another installment of "Let's copy other games without add new game mechanics and give it a new name" that this MoH game has become.
    The game-play is very basic, even the horrible Pacific Assault seem to have tried to put more effort into adding some new game-play elements.

There is simply little to no effort put to add depth in the game-play mechanics. All you have to do is play long enough to unlock items and weapons the beginner players doesn't have access to. And keep racking up the frags using OP weapons/items that the other guy doesn't have yet.
    I have seen (and playing) free FPS game that has more depth into the game mechanics than this commercial title.