Medal of Honor 2010

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Shadowsoldier, Aug 4, 2010.

1. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    So on a 16:10 screen you would use a 90 Hor Fov which was the default for 4:3 screens even though a 16:10 has a wider viewing area? There is good reason why Carmack decided that 106 is the equivalent of 4:3 90 on 16:10 screen.

2. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Don't think i'll buy until they fix the game or if it has a sale.

3. GiNaJuIcE

GiNaJuIcE Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 1080 AMP
    what the hell are you guys talking about?:wanker:

4. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    so i'm a troll for asking why it's dx9 in sp and dx11 in mp?

Are you out of your mind? :biggun:

5. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Do not know what your talking about and not going to argue as using a Horizontal Calculator for a Horizontal game the exact decimal figure you get rounds up to EXACTLY 85 for 1680x1050 & 1920x1200 which is 16:10 and 4:3 has nothing to do with this topic.

The game is not being changed from 4:3 to 16:10 its the FOV that is being changed to suit a PC user sitting close to a smaller monitor than a console user sitting many feet away from a big TV.

6. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    That is exactly why I do not like giving MY opinion on any games here !

The SP was thrown together as a quick and easy console port IMO !

The SP is BFBC2 no matter what someone above said last time I said that because Im talking the engine not the gameplay or layout of maps.

Basically 2 different games, IMO its not a MOH game and peeps seem to forget when shouting about COD beng so great it was MOH that started it all years before !

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  7. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

why isn't this game a MOH game?

I last remember the first MOH game being about ww2 aka saving private ryan on the beach.

8. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Well then you know the answer to the question !

The game uses the MOH name but its as lacking as previous 2 MOH titles and nowhere near as good as Alied Assault or Spearhead or Breakthrough.

9. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I'm talking about John Carmacks quote here which applies to the SP part of the game which uses Hor Fov:

"On a normal 4:3 aspect ratio screen, a 90 degree horizontal field of view
    gives a 75 degree vertical field of view. If you keep the vertical fov
    constant and run on a wide screen, you get a 106 degree horizontal fov.

Because we specify fov with the horizontal measurement, you need to change
    fov when going into or out of a wide screen mode. I am considering changing
    fov to be the vertical measurement, but it would probably cause a lot of
    confusion if "fov 90" becomes a big fisheye."

The old holy grail PC FOV of 90 degrees view was designed for small square screens which does not apply any more on a wide screen. You don't want the same amount of horizontal view on a much wider screen you just want the vertical to be constant and take advantage of the wider horizontal? So therefore you need a 101 to 106 FOV depending if it is 16:10 or 16:9 to take advantage of the extra width instead of squeezing the same FOV on a wider screen.

This is especially true for SP part of the game as UE3 engine is infamour for being Vert Minus instead of Plus. Meaning you increase the aspect but you still get the same crap amount of view therefore you have to increase the Hor FOV.

Therefore with widerscreens our PC HOR FOV's should have been getting bigger but instead they have been getting smaller to accommodate console players sitting a stupid distance away from the screen.

10. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Still makes zero sence and does not matter one bit.

The fact ramain its set to 85 (calculated and rounded up to whole number) or 90 (if you prefer) for a 16:10 Monitor @ 1680x1050 & 1920x1200 !

This has nothing to do with 4:3 and a 90 FOV or Holy Grail, it has to do with inputing them above resolutions into a proper Horizontal FOV Calculator.

I do not see what is so hard to grasp about that or any reason to make it more difficult than it is !

The proper Hor Calculator is on WSG forums but its now got extra settings for surround tweaks so not as simple now.

The BFSC2 Ver Calculator will come up in Google as 1st result also.

I advise you visit the WSG Forums because saying to set the games in SP to what your claiming is corect is wrong and they will be able to tell you why in more detail than myself !

This has nothing to do with making a 4:3 game fit a 16:10 screen.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/

Back when BFSC2 launched and gave confusing as used newer FOV !

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/ba...how_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-53750105&pid=957944

11. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Ok so John Carmack is wrong and some crappy calculator is right even though it does not take into account crappy engines like UE3 which are Vert Minus...

The calculator is useful for the BFBC2 and the MP part of MOH but completalyl irrelevant regarding MOH's SP FOV.

12. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

Why would MOH allow this to happen to their brand name?

It's like naming a similar but inferior game grand theft auto 5 for eg but plays terribly, would rockstar allow any company to name their game like that?

13. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    No but I think the peeps on WSG know their stuff esp when they fix many games and its well know a console FOV of 65 (Hor) is in most modern PC games until very recent Ver FOV and its needs changed to 85 or 90 (Hor).

I still do not have any clue on what your going on about !

FORGET MP, FORGET Vertical FOV we are talking SP here and it uses Hor FOV and the same Calculators that have been available for years.

(I no longer use the WSG Calculator as it has RECENTLY being revamped, which I started above)

14. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    £££/$$$, Ok enough Q and A for me !

You can easily find out the answer to all these simple questions using a search engine. :)

15. eagled1

eagled1 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SLI 4GB
    Exactly. I like it alot.

16. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    wtf. another 59EUR waisted...3 Hours playtime, dx9 only...(who the f.u.c.k. cares if MP has dx11??). My last MOH from EA, that's it:bang:.

17. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Why you being abusive and repeating yourself ?

Your calculation is totally wrong for a PC user on a 16:10 Monitor in any game with HOR FOV so get your lips of Cormacks ASS and go and read up and educate yourself !

How many times have I STATED WE are talking about SINGLE PLAYER and using a HORIZONTAL FOV CALCULTOR (easy to find using Google) ?

The Tool is never wrong it only gives a figure for what you enter in it.
    Are you incapable of reading ?

You really are wasting my time TBH.

18. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    '
    for 20 usd you could have got all six moh games/expansions.
    i still play aa/sh 2200 online alittle while ago :)

I just orderd it thuo...so i can play sp,hope its more then a few hrs.
    what no dx11 in sp? wtf?

19. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    When are you going to realise that UE3 engine runs Vert minus therefore it makes no difference to the left-right horizonatal view between 800x600 4:3 or 1920x1200 16:10. Therefore like Carmack says you need to increase the Hor FOV to take that into account. This is not a problem in games with Vert FOV implemented with a proper scaling aspect.

Get you head out of your ass, seriously. If you think Carmack is wrong your view is irrelevant as at this point your just speaking crap.

20. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Unreal 2.5 and 3 are HOR !

I will get my head out my ass when you get your lips of Cormacks and stop talking out yours thanks you !

BTW, can no longer see your posts so I can enjoy whats left of my Sunday ! :wanker: