Medal of Honor 2010

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Shadowsoldier, Aug 4, 2010.

1. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Well I buy most fps for MP, so if I drop $60 but put 140 hours online then I feel like I got my moneys worth. SP is just icing on the cake. I'd really like to see them drop the SP & add another dozen maps or so. Or drop the price & offer just a MP edition.

2. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    i loled when i saw a dead terorist falling/seizure through the floor... i didn't have fraps running so i missed the screens :puke2: the single player is pretty boring so far and i hope it will get better :biggun:

3. amakusashiro

amakusashiro Banned

GPU:
    two HD5770 in crossfire
    Played the game in sp for a bit on Pc. You really have to try to die or just get really damn reckless to get killed in the game as the enemies dont use very good tactics. Its just a machine gun version of Wack A Mole. Also, ran into a bug at the air field where you use the targeting system and select different bombs,ect, and fire at targeted enemies. It seemed that I killed about everyone, but the mission failed and restarted. On restart I can not fire at all. Reloading the game from windows and restarting the check point did nothing, still cant fire the different weapons.

Not going to restart the entire mission again to try to resolve this bug in that area, simply dont have the time or feel the want to do so as the game wasn't all that fun. Already read crap like this happens all over the game on both the console and pc versions. Gave the copy back to my friend, uninstalled, wont buy, wont play again. Airborne and Pacific Assault stay at the top of the list for me on the MOH line of games. Oh well, maybe the next one will be better.

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I came into a bug at the DShK mission, where i had to shoot at it to allow my squad to moove forward and throw a smoke, spend like 1 ****ing hour there since I thought I'm doing something wrong, and just after I restarted the mission completley the bug was gone. And this is just one of the big ones I encountered. The AI is basically non existent, not only are the enemies retarded but the squad mates even more, I don't know why they even bothered with dialogue, they might aswell have spammed ''HUA'' the whole game, would have made it that much more realistic.

5. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Finished the game. It gets better about half way through from there on. Enemy and teammates AI is still pretty shady through the entire game. Spotted on a few occasions where your buddies would run pass an enemy w/o shooting them and no reaction from the AI.

6. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    WHat's sp and mp?

7. Drazio

Drazio Banned

GPU:
    FVCKING
    ^ single-player/multi-player

8. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    why is there such a diff?

9. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Same here, as mentioned... I had to spend a f*cking half an hour or more restarting the checkpoint and randomly clikcing everywhere on the screen so that the weapons would all of a sudden fire and recharge. This bug repeats itself at least twice from that point, lol.

10. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    OK played part of the sp. Yup graphics look dated. Gameplay isn't bad though. It's pretty much the same as the others like COD, MW2, BC2 and so on.

11. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB Gaming OC 3080
    Troll :D

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I don't think it's intended, because the fact that they use a diffrent engine for SP and MP in the same game is retarded and confusing.

13. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    I'm just waiting now for developers to jump off the xp,unlock,perk etc bandwagon. Surely someone could try something different for a change.

I think COD2 was the last shooter i played alot that didn't make me unlock my weapons.

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It's just a time sink really, they took this from RPGs I guess, yet as long as it's not too much of a grind I'm ok with it, for example in BBC2 you could reach all unlocks pretty fast.

15. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    yup me too. i'm not going to bother trying to continue until they fix it, cant believe they missed this bug, theres a huge thread about it on the offical forums ...

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3091087.page

16. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Flippin heck, how short is the SP, what a let down.

It's not like it's good enough to warrant it either, this is the last time i preorder a game =P

17. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    the game uses two different engine's, for MP it uses the Battlefield Bad Company 2 engine(Frostbite), so it's supports dx11(but don't expect who knows what next gen graphics)..

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Finished it myself, could have easly completed it in a evening gaming session and have time left for something else but the of the bugs made me ragequit a couple of times so meh... only got it done the second day. :D

5/10 since at least I actually played it trough, won't even bother with the MP, better go for some BBC2.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I finished the single player in 6, almost 7 hours. About average length for a single player FPS game these days it seems.

Honestly, I find myself in the very, VERY small minority (at least around here) and I really enjoyed the single player. Mostly because it didn't play out like some overblown, stupid 80s action flick...
    The game is based on real events, a real operation and real accounts from the actual Rangers and Tier One soldiers who experienced it.
    Of course they padded some bits out for more action since it is a game... but I still enjoyed it. Where as CoD4 and MW2's stories were so incredibly stupid and over the top, it was nice to see a modern war themed game that was grounded in reality.

As for bugs, I only experienced one... second mission... the Hellfire rockets wouldn't fire... nothing. Restarted the mission, fixed... haven't had any issues with them since. There are the occasional clipping errors, but it seems rather... pointless to rant about those since I've seen clipping errors in games like HL2 and Crysis.
    Enemy AI... while not FEAR/STALKER levels... it was okay. Far better then anything presented in recent CoD titles and the game actually a since of pacing. Instead of spawning countless enemies at you... ;)

Graphically, I found it nice. Yeah it's not the absolute top quality... but really, not every game needs to be. Graphics don't make a game.

So, hate me... call me an idiot... whatever. I liked MoH a lot. It was nice to finally play a modern war themed game that was actually based in reality and not trying to copy Red Dawn. ;)

MP? Who knows... I won't play it. And really, I can't see why people are complaining about the MP in this game. Why buy this game for MP when Bad Company 2 is already out there?

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I don't know, maybe because some of us don't want to invest 50 euros in a 4 hour SP campaign game?