Medal of Honor 2010

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Shadowsoldier, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    More tactical? NO recoil, no teamwork needed?

2. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    The games I have been playing everyone is using a lot of teamwork. A lot of covering fire so the team can take an objective. Using ground cover so one can get the appropriate angle on the shooter. Taking building much like a swat team would do. All works well so far. I don't get the recoil complaint. I'm not looking for realism in my games. Just fun. :)

Let me add, these BUGS are driving me nuts! Crash to desktop, black screen in between matches.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    If you played that on the highest level, tried to get those funky achievements and looked for the "intelligence" it took a little longer. The singleplayer part of games tends to get shorter and shorter each year, yet I prefer to be well entertained for 10 hours than to walk around repetitively for 15 or 20.

The Tier1 mode in this games' SP could be interesting. For ~30€ I'll give it a try. All the info that was given before the launch indicated it wouldn't have many new features. A good mix of old and working would do for me, at least for a while :)

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Sounds like EA have rushed Medal of Honor out to beat Call of Duty: Black Ops to the market because their game would no doubt have been overlooked by many otherwise. Even without Infinity Ward's involvement I suspect that Black Ops will prove to be the better and more popular game.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    ShadowMyth: If it's anything like the way Bad Company 2 was when it was released.... don't worry.... that'll all change soon enough. I actually enjoyed playing Bad Company 2 the first day or a few.... but after about a week... maybe slightly longer... everything went south. People stopped playing with any sort of strategy and it went to people either sniping (and i don't even mean the TACTICAL kind of sniping. I mean the idiotic kind where they get killed, and return to the same damn place), or camping in your primary spawn point with both their anti-infantry vehicle AND yours.... not allowing you to do d*ck while their squads went around and captured all the objectives. Never really saw any of that the first couple days. Yeah... people would snipe.... but it was only a few people out of the entire team. And NEVER saw some idiot camping in the enemy's primary base with a vehicle. Now, if i DO play the game, which is maybe once a month... i don't even hop into a heli if there is one... because either they're expecting you to just strafe the enemy's main base, or they're strafing the enemy's main base expecting you to also fire at the enemy's main base. That to me is not playing to have fun... that's just being a complete a**hole.

That's why i hate just about every game that has vehicular combat. No matter what, people will find a way to make the game gay. Kinda like CoD: World at War. Whenever there was a tank in the map... someone was ALWAYS in it, and they are a bitch to destroy most of the time.

Not saying that Medal of Honor has vehicles.... i mean, the only thing i've played and probably will EVER play in the game is the multiplayer beta they had a little while back and i don't recall it having vehicles on the one map you could play.... but i'm sure someone will be bound to find some way to make playing the game completely and utterly gay.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Just picked this up, yeah I know it's supposed to be short... and blah, blah, blah... but I don't care. A few people I know and trust have it and say it's great (single player wise). So, that's enough for me.

7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Glitchy weapon when trying to force AA through NVIDIA control panel

Forceware 260.89

8. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    I'm quite liking the game. I didn't expect anything amazing before jumping into it. And you know what? I'm pleasantly surprised. The gunplay is satisfying, the sound is the best out there (especially using headphones), animations and AI are a bit iffy so far and the graphics are passable. Although, it has to be said, the lighting is superb.

This is where it saddens me to see really sloppy things in the game. Such as clipping through props, props that are right in the middle of a key cut scene. How on earth the dev team could miss that I have no idea (it's towards the end of the first mission). Also on another occasion, when my player view shifted from first person mode to jumping on the back of a truck, my hands just disappeared. The polished way would be to have some kind of animation, not just have my hands yanked away from me. Looked very "ugh".

I know it sounds nitpicky and i'm hoping there aren't many more sloppy bits to the game as I work my way through.

But, so far, i'm enjoying the game for what it feels like so far. A solid enough shooter. I'll start on MP at the weekend.

9. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Alrighty, just tried that a little... Doesn't look that bad, actually, especially compared to X360 version. No recoil - oh wow, that'll sure make things easier, I really wanted that in MW2, actually. Who needs challenge on a boom show? More to follow soon, perhaps... With Gothic 4 lying here, I guess that'll take some time, hehe. For now, here are some tweaks for you guys to make this game look a bit better:

Go to C:\Users\username\Documents\EA Games\Medal of Honor\Config and open MOHAEngine.ini (make sure you use this one, modifying the ones in game directory does nothing) and alter the following lines to your liking:

[SystemSettings]

UseHighQualityBloom=True (obviously, better bloom)

Distortion=True (improves particles)

MaxMultisamples=8 (improves AA if it's on, you can also turn AA setting off in game and force through nhancer\ccc it manually for better quality, but it's buggy for now)

MinShadowResolution=256
    MaxShadowResolution=2048
    ShadowFadeResolution=512 (Improves static and dynamic shadows)

bEnableVSMShadows=True (improves dynamic shadows)

You can also experiment with these lines

MaxDynamicChunkCount=1000 (number of debris pieces lying around)
    DebrisLifetime=60.0 (how long it lasts)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  10. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    i'm leeching the warez before i decide to buy for the multiplayer

11. RossCorp

RossCorp Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570GTX SLI
    I personally think Treyarch did a great job with COD:WaW, the MP was 10x better than Modern Warfare in my opinion. I'm worried that Black Ops' multiplayer may be too much like MW2. Time will tell though....

As for Medal of Honor, I was interested in it, right up until I got home from work today and my brother had already passed the campaign. I play too many games to begin with...I don't need to waste another $70 for a few hours of entertainment.

12. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    I dunno.... i think Black Ops's multiplayer might be quite a nice improvement.... so long as it sticks to infantry-only..... but that doesn't appear to be Treyarch's forte. I mean.... i LIKE that they implemented a currency system for unlocking attachments for the guns you earn from ranking up rather than requiring you to kill this number of people with this attachment. Granted there will still probably be tons of people tubing to no end..... it opens up a few more doors. Then again... it also closes some. My favorite weapon in MW2 is the ACR, and it's absolutely epic with extended mags and an ACOG scope.

The only thing i hope, other than it being vehicle-free, is that they didn't go TOO overboard with the killstreak rewards and such. I mean... the wireless video cam you get a glimpse of in the trailer.... i can imagine that being spammed like there's no tomorrow by anyone who's only style of play is corner-camping. Hopefully there will be some way of combatting that other than something like MW2's Jammer perk.... which is absolutely useless, IMHO.

13. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Patch released already? I'm not sure if it's a Steam glitch or an update but for some reason MOH SP started to re-download out of no where.

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    I do not care what anyone says.

This game (SP, wise) is amazing!

The polish this game has is second to none. Some of the graphics in places are a little dated (UE3 for you there). But in most parts they have nailed it, it gives you a really good sense of war, the dust, the lighting, the sun shafts through buildings and trees. The guns in SP to me sound ten times better than in MP Beta, the graphics are also miles better as well. The game just has that overall shine to it that the MP lacks. And that many other games in this genre lack also, the biggest culprit of course being MW2 which looks insanely dated on its modded Quake 3 engine. Yes I will agree with some that there is no recoil on the guns in the MP Beta but in the SP there is plenty of recoil on the guns. The ability to change your rate of fire as well is nice to see in this kind of game, finally. Also the game runs perfectly, all maxed out @ 1920x1080 and never seen it dip below 60fps with vsync enabled.

The story is great, and the game has some amazing set pieces so far. Even though this game is about a war that is currently going on and that can be seen as the developers trying to cause some controversy among the media to help the game sell better. But really if you play the game you will see that the story is about the soldiers. At one point in the game for the first time I felt trapped in a corner, the taliban were coming from all sides. Me and my squad were trying to hold out. Running out of ammo, the taliban were trying any means they could to kill us. Then the music started slowly playing in the back ground and then it hit me. I thought "Sh!t, this is actually happening in the world now and to our people and our soldiers". It kind of got me a little emotional as I have friends who have come back from this war with serious injuries. I have never really had that kind of emotion in a game before (Red Dead Redemption did a little but that was because the game was written so well).

So yeah, the game maybe short, the MP maybe flawed and insanely unbalanced. But the SP is a great experience if looked at from the right perspective. It can really draw you in, and some of the missions are extremely fun.

Please do not pass on this game, rent it on console if you have to, or torrent it. But please do not take other peoples word on it, even mine. Just give it a go and judge for your self.

15. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB Gaming OC 3080
    Thanks for this.... would like to get the best visual experience when I get the game tomorrow ;)

16. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    I'm going to buy it, even though I'm weary of possible ****ness, because EA have been making and publishing much better games as of late, and their attitude seems to be changing. That, and as a 3D artist, and someone who knows friends in Amsterdam who lost their jobs because of ****ty games and publishers.
    Sometimes you just gotta give them money and support so they can learn form their mistakes, hopefully. All the big boys got to test and hone their skills as time developed, and quality expectations grew steadily with their games.

So sad for these companies that have to jump straight into the big league, with graphics and quality expectations that are unbelievable. It's just so ****ing hard. Being an artist and making some zmodels and texturing is no biggy if your tuned to that, but getting the whole thing to be this amazing masterpiece with ****loads of back and forth, time constraints and no funding is just hard. That's why games get shorter and shorter it seems, development time is being turned into "losing money" time.

Where the **** did the pure honest love for games design go?

/endrant

tl;dr bawwwww

17. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    It went to the indie games/mod scene :p

18. TriGGlety

TriGGlety Banned

GPU:
    HD6870 1G -(1680x1050)
    When graphics card's, cpu's & windows progressed.

Hardware VS Humans, cant compete.
    Time VS Good result, just cant compete.

Iv waited for F1 2010.
    Im waiting for BF3.

Iv never waited in my life for a PC game.

I hate snipers ARRRGRGGG :biggun:

19. TriGGlety

TriGGlety Banned

GPU:
    HD6870 1G -(1680x1050)
    Its funny that. I keep wondering how long Codies will keep its Ego engine.
    And how long FrostByte will last.
    If I were them id make em 3d engines last for eternity.

Yeah, iv bought MOD, £34.99 from EA digital.

£29.99 on ShotToNet or there abouts.

Buying cause I aint enjoying COD like I used too and its good to see a MOH return.

20. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L
    Save your $60, this game is pretty craptacular. I've only played the MP so far and I'm not impressed... maps are boring there isn't enough guns or classes no destructible anything although the air strike can be hilarious at times to bad it's so hard to control accurately and after 1 day I have already encountered some hackers...

I was expecting more from EA considering how amazing Bad Company 2 is, guess I'll stick with that until Black Ops is released.