Medal of Honor 2010

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Shadowsoldier, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    Who else is excited that we finally get a game that touches on what is going on right now on the battlefield. While modern warfare 1 and 2 were really fun games, the story was a bit unrealistic. Now Medal of Honor touches on the real fight in Afghanistan with the real story from Tier 1 operatives and regular army guys...Plus the game has intense graphics. I cannot wait :)

2. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Here. Will play this for fun and ArmA2: OA when i need realism. They both depict the same conflict.

MoH = realistic? Some BS will be in there to push the tension, im pretty sure. ;) Could still be fun though.

3. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    If you can not wait and you want realism play ArmA2: OA. :)

4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Lol.

MoH 2010...is far from realistic. Played the beta.

Bad Company 2 is more realistic than MoH 2010...and yes, I know BC2 is far from realistic, that's why I said it.

Post #1000

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I liked the MoH beta much better than BC2 and what I've seen from the SP looks very good so far.
    Hopefully Danger Close can polish the game enough to make it a worthy competitor for the holiday sale. I'm still not sure what to think of Dice being involved with the MP and their typical speed when it comes to bugs and balance. Actually that's my biggest concern about this game right now.

6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i must say i'm really looking forward to MOH 2010.

7. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    I am looking forward to the campaign. I expect it be a bit more realistic than COD MW2 and the enemy's not in the thousands attacking you from every angle. and keep respawning.

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    CoD 2 and 4 had that, the last two didn't.

9. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i enjoyed the MP Beta despite all the hacks and what not .. for me this game will replace MW2, i just cant play that game with no dedicated servers! looking forward to MOH 2010.

10. bsc14

bsc14 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 560 1gb
    When I asked about this game/beta everyone said it was crap. Is that not the case?

I liked COD:MW 2 but 2 was a bit too over the top for me. I like a more real life game myself....would you say this game is that?

11. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    While MOH's gameplay in beta was even more polished than BC2 gameplay was when it was released, I'm going to have to wait a few months after it's release before I purchase the game. I think this is my rule for all games now since it seems no company is properly vetting their games & seemingly releasing their games before they are finished. Now I know this isn't the case with all games but BC2 with it's performance & hit box issues & MW2 with it's seemingly uncontrolled hackers left a REALLY bad taste in my mouth. I will no longer buy a game outright since these companies will really have to earn my money. LOL, I will no longer be a sheep, too bad it won't make even the slightest difference to the shepherd.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    On the other hand you'd only have the "pros" left if you jump in several months after the game has been released. Depending on how the game is laid out this can be fun (like doing Prestige in CoD) or very frustrating (like the unlocks in BC).
    I really hope they do their homework with the MP. Seeing BC2 it's a shame that a game with dedicated servers has worse lag than a peer-to-peer game like MW2.

13. bsc14

bsc14 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 560 1gb
    My issues with COD:MW 2 was how over the top it got. As soon as everyone got akimbo (whatever it's called) shotguns it went downhill fast. I hope this game does not turn out like that....

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    When the dust settles...BF2 is still the daddy and still the best,nothing comes close apart from BC2.

Even BF3 might not be as good as Bf2.(I hope it is though,looking forward to jumping into a Jet once again)

I didnt think much of moh 2010 tbh,played it once,wont play it again,just average fps war game zzzZZzzz.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  15. bsc14

bsc14 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 560 1gb
    I was starting to look forward to this one but I'm hearing some bad stuff.....not sure what to think now.

16. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Keep in mind that is SP^

MP is the meat of the game. Which uses Frostbite 1.5, which BC2 uses.

18. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    in the sniper video, why did the other sniper not see them when they were looking directly at the shooter...unless he didnt have a scope. There is this small white circle just moments before the shooter fired, I assume that was the reflection of the scope from the guy across or what?

The multiplayer looked pretty bland to me. Just another consolized shooter. No proning, no leaning, no huggin walls. Yeah, because you know, they dont teach those tactics in the military...The single player is based on badasses that really did this stuff, but I guess they never hid behind a vehicle or wall before.

Waiting for Battlefield 3 here in hopes that they will stick to most of what made Battlefield 2 great.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  19. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    It's coming to Consoles, so no.

20. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i'm excited.. as usual, i play for the fun of playing, i'm not picky about stories and how unrealistic they might be (but if realistic then all the better), nor how stupid the AI can be or good or bad graphics, if the whole package offers some entertainment and a good excuse to shoot stuff when i'm bored, i'm happy. :p

can't say i'm the same when it comes to point n click adventure games though, i'm very picky about those, adventure games rely on good storytelling and without it they're worthless.