Mechwarrior Living Legends is finally launched!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DannyBoy27, Dec 29, 2009.

1. DannyBoy27

DannyBoy27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX480
    Its all in the title - been waiting for this Crysis mod for about 3 years now and it looks AMAZING.

You can pull a free copy off Fileplanet. Makes owning Crysis finally worth it :p

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    is it single player only?

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    wow but thats something next to Mechwarrior 3 lol :S.

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    hmm this still has some bugs. only tried the single player, it played the exact same missions as crysis. even te skydiving lol :)

6. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    DOWNLOADING NOW!!!!

Been waiting for this for a long time.

7. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Fileplanet only? While I understand they want to make money I detest that site, always have to pay :puke2:

8. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  9. g60force

g60force Master Guru

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    Crysis1.0 or Crysis1.1 (Warhead)? :pc1:

10. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    screenies people!!!

11. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I never paid for it, and I have an account. You have to pay for high speed downloads of course, but even the free ones I am hitting over 300KB/s on my ****ty internet with ****ty wireless.

12. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    Hey fellow guru's,
    This game is totally awesome. I will post some screens later today. The game mechanics are very complex, especially the mech movement and micromanagement. In the end though after perfect movement, fire grouping, core temperature, and active/passive radar: I have fallen in love.

There is a beautiful level that takes place on an asteroid that rotates around rather quickly and there is constantly a new day and night cycle every few minutes. During which time tiny methane lakes on the thing boil, condense, and solidify: it is quite impressive!!! I should perhaps fraps it to show you how awesome this game is. It also runs better than stock crysis due to the nature of the maps (less vegetation).

13. PHJF

PHJF Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    It definitely has problems (it's a beta), but the sheer amount of work they've done is evident. Pronoobtips:

#1 start with Partisan Primes.

They're relatively mobile, have plenty of ammunition, and can attack anything from assault mechs to battle armors to airborne targets. Experience points are awarded not just for enemies killed, but damage done. It's very very easy to quickly get ~5 lvls using Partisan Prime.

#2 HEAT MANAGEMENT

Colder environments and water accelerate your cooling rate. When you're playing on Infernus, a large active volcano... don't take mechs with five clan PPCs. Every vehicle comes with a fairly good supply of non-rechargeable emergency coolant which can be used with "C". Weapons like Gauss cannons, auto cannons and LBX produce very little heat. The general rule of thumb is that energy-based weapons (those with infinite ammo) produce a lot of heat.

#3 Target an extremity, and keep targeting it.

Mechs can be disabled before being destroyed. Sometimes focusing fire on a leg or heavy weapons extremity is better than outright destroying a mech. To outright destroy a mech, target the torso. To destroy a tank (or air unit), simply drop one of its armor gauges to zero. Enemy tanks may seem invincible if you aren't focusing your attacks.

#4 BA (Battle Armor) can be just as useful as assault mechs

While the initial BA weapons are weak, simply buying an upgraded weapon before jumping in your mech is a safe bet. BA's are notoriously difficult to hit with most vehicle-based weapons. Having somebody around with automatic weapons or a flamer is a good idea, because BA can slowly tear down even the heaviest mech's armor.

#5 Firegroup reassignment

The top right of the screen when in a vehicle shows the firegroups. Scroll through the firegroup menu using the arrow keys and press "enter" to disable/enable specific weapons in firegroups. Some of the default firegroup settings are really stupid, so this is often necessary.

#6 Remap controls

It can be an arduous task, but remap the keys by going into:
    .\Documents\My Games\Crysis\Profiles\(profilename)\actionmaps.xml

Be aware that certain keys are assigned to multiple functions.

I found this necessary because the default key to buy ammo isn't located anywhere near my hands, and buying ammo is something I do upon entering almost any vehicle. The "useful" air unit weapons (thunderbolt missles and fire bombs) are only one shot, so it's necessary to repeatedly fly back to the landing strip and quickly rearm.

Certain mechs cannot carry additional ammo. Under the firegroup menu it tells you how many free tons your mech has. For now, free tonnage can only be used to store ammo.

14. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    looks nice, downloading :p

15. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    That's not a bug, that's you being silly. It's multiplayer only.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    lol well good to see it finally got released anyway, was hoping for 3 years they would add a single player campaign to mess around in.

17. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    To be fair, the amount of work it must have taken to get the game running at all must have been tremendous anyway. And while I would very much like to see some single player, we have to be realistic here; they aren't making any money off this. Creating single player content takes a lot of time and effort.

18. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    still no pics?

19. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    pics or it didnt happen

20. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru