Mechanical Keyboards vs Gaming Keyboards.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Enmity, Jul 27, 2013.

1. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Hahah awesome. Now reply to my PM!

2. Enmity

Enmity Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FE SLI
    finally finally finally, its here. I received the keyboard today at work late this afternoon after almost chewing their ass off again but lets not get into that because its here now :)

I've gotta say, this is the first post ive done after installing the G710+ and I've gotta say, wow, this feels awesome! it's so light on the fingertips and I now understand what people mean by the "mushiness" of the membrane type keyboards. Also, im pretty sure my words per min have risen quite significantly just because of the ease of pressing these switches. Really enjoying it aye! once ive had a bit more of a play with it I'll give a more in depth review. but right now my fingertips are lovin it!

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Nice one, enjoy

4. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    My latest acquisition, a HHKB Professional2....
    [​IMG]

Next up, a Ducky Aluminum YOTS Cherry Blue.....

5. iafro89

iafro89 Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII
    Went from a gaming keyboard to a mech (Unicomp) and never looked back. I think Unicomp holds the "Buckling Spring" patent of the old IBM keyboards. As stated earlier its all personal preference.

6. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    My Corsair K70 arrived yesterday and wow its a great keyboard and being my first mechanical keyboard I was worried that I wouldn't like the red switches, anyway its fine to use and love the black brushed aluminium finish and the textured 1-6 keys and wasd keys which can be removed for plain keys, also no software is needed for this keyboard, it has 3 levels of brightness for the red LEDs which can be turned off or on for individual keys, nice keyboard looks great with my Haf-X case which has red led fans.

7. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I'm glad you like your board! Its always a toss up whether or not you will like certain mechanical keys. I got lucky with my blues, and it looks like you did with your reds. Enjoy :)

8. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    I picked up a Ducky Shine 2 with cherry brown switches last week replacing a very old Saitek board. My fingers are in heaven :)

9. vuhoang1411

vuhoang1411 New Member

GPU:
    msi gtx 760ti 2gb ddr5
    this is my choice
    ducky shine 3 with some mods
    Sorry cant post video because of my post is 0 atm

youtube.com/watch?v=PQj64ow_aSk

10. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Nice. Since posting in this thread last, I decided to ditch my old Blackwidow and go with a Ducky with Cherry Browns as well. I've been very happy with that choice! At first I was looking at the Ducky Shine 3's and although those look sweet, I decided to go for longevity and solidity vs the flash and 320974032 back lighting options.

Final choice - Ducky DK9008 G2 Pro with PBT dye subs!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014

11. biggerx

biggerx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    I can confirm that my Blackwidow is pretty neat. I got this one http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-blackwidow-stealth-2013/
    (not the stealth version, the one with the blue switches) and it has exceeded my expectations for a Razer product.

12. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    FYI the Logitech G710+ is on sale a bunch of places right now for $99-109, so far I've seen Amazon, Newegg, and even Best Buy.

13. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
  14. benq

benq Active Member

GPU:
    I have my Logitech K120 and it's better than 2 gamer/mechanical keyboards I've tried.

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I adore my Corsair K70R. This is my third mechanical keyboard and my first with red switches, which I've found I type fastest on. Before this I had a Das Keyboard Professional S, and before that an original Razer Black Widow.

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    After using the Logitech G710+ for a while now, I'm probably going to get the Corsair K95 keyboard some time within the next few weeks. I've been wanting to try a keyboard with red switches for a while now.