Mcgregor vs May-weather

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Darkest, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980ti gaming 1490/7700
    I am going with Mannys prediction that McGregor stands no chance.

2. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Boxing has been 12 Rounds for the last 15 years bro. ********** for the win.:)

Looks like Floyd Money has a patent on his name lol, I pick May-weather to win only cause they are boxing, If it was mma fight id obviously go with Mc-crack-nut.

If you guys wanna see a real fight watch GGG vs Canelo that is going to be a war,not this spectical.

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Royce Gracie would have beat MW i reckon around UFC 1 and 2 days.

4. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 ARMOR 4G OC

5. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB
    I'd like to have a rematch in 6 months where they fight with MMA rules... the two sports are different enough that I think the fighter that's fighting based on his customary ruleset should win fairly easily. I'm no expert, or really even a fan of either sport so I might be surprised and see McGregor win, but I doubt it.

There's a fun clip on YouTube of McGregor and Thor Bjornsson (The Mountain in GoT and top level Professional Strong Man competitor) having a sparring match.

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Mayweather is a god amongst fighters, so it's pretty obvious who's going to win. He has an amazing ability to think faster than any of his opponents and thus not get hit.

7. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Yes MW is the greatest boxer ,GM is a whiner., but I love that whiner and I laugh my ass off with the over the top stuff that comes out of his mouth.I want GM to win and it will be a shame to waste 100 bucks just to see a fight last less than a round.It should go a few rounds and if GM wins is this the death nail in the coffin for boxing.Hell I have not watched any boxing in 20 years and the last big heavy weight fight I could not even buy it in my Country of Canada.

8. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 ARMOR 4G OC
    Mayweather TKOs McGregor in 10th round

9. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    the fight was pretty exciting, it was so much better than the Mayweather Pacquio fight.

airbud7 likes this.
  10. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980TI & Acer X34
    The amount of money that these guys got for this fight is nauseating, and really sums up how absurd our culture is where we indulge two fighters with so much cash that could be so much better spent on things that actually matter to so many more people.

11. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GT 540M
    Good money earner that fight was ;)

For both of them....

12. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 ARMOR 4G OC
    There pay is only a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of money they generated.

13. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    They got my 113 Canadian and I was not even disappointed in the fight.The fight showed that Mayweather is just simply one of the best athletes out there.From Mcgregor's first punch you could see Mayweather had a plan,I was amazed how quickly Mcgregor got tired.

airbud7 likes this.
  14. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    I thought the fight looked fixed to me. Lots of weak punches and open spots not taken. I think both men deserve a kick in the @ss for the sheer amount of money they made.

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M
    McGregor does though, look at his fights in the UFC. His first fight with Diaz he came out guns blazing, but tired himself out quickly. His second fight with him, he slowed down a little bit but he still winded himself. He's getting better at it, but the difference in getting tired in boxing versus UFC is in boxing you have only 2 parts of your body you can use to attack and defend, UFC you have your whole body available. So even if you arms are tired, use your legs, put them in a hold, you have alternatives. He's not used to fighting using only his hands and even still only attacking certain targets of the body.

16. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Floyd waited then gradually beat in game over

17. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Maywether vs anybody in there prime he never lost why now, back of the room mugged off millions, he took the first 3 rounds and grinded like gamers.

18. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970
    Mayweather is 40 and far from stupid he had a plan followed precisely against a much younger man and beat him.Judging by the negative comments I've read elsewhere McGregor fans were all butthurt and wanted to see a rematch with mma rules lol. Like that would ever happen like I said Floyd is far from stupid.

airbud7 likes this.
  19. petermaybe

petermaybe Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070, 8 GB
    There are opinions it was a fixed match just to make money. Half of the hype around it was artificial, bookmakers made misleading outcomes and people believed McGregor stood a chance to win (and actually more people bet on him than on Mayweather). I'm not sure every bit of this is true, but the amount of money involved is really shameful