MAY, a great month for gaming!

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by charliehamster, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1

Hate to burst your bubble, but in no way is Max Payne 3 going to be bigger than Diablo 3. In fact, I'd say it won't even be close. That's not to say that MP3 won't be a good game or not sell, as I hope and think it will do well. But D3 is in another league altogether.

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Max Payne 3 for me only,couldnt care less about the rest,even diablo 3.

3. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    For me is Max Payne 3 and Tom clancy`s future soldier.

Hoping no performance issues stops me from playing these.

4. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Sniper Elite V2 was utter garbage.

5. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Yeah, the league of "nerdy PC Snobs".

6. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    meh

sept to 2013 bigger for me

borderlands 2

blackops 2

bioshock infinite

and so on

and windows 8 to try to play these games........

of course for pc users............................

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  7. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Tell yourself what you want, the numbers won't lie. Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping Max Payne 3 is going to be awesome, but don't kid yourself. Diablo 3 will be the biggest release this year as far as the PC is concerned. If you doubt that, then you are clearly out of touch with the PC gamers.

8. fxmercenary

fxmercenary Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC Edition
    Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

9. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070

Max Payne is multi-platform and since we're in console gaming forum I obviously wasn't just talking about the pc version. You assumed I was pitting the pc version of MP3 against D3.

10. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    If you believe in numbers then...>Modern Warfare 3 should be your favorate Game......Modern Warfare 3 hits the $1bn mark in record time......

11. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    What does MW3 have to do with anything? My statement stands as is. D3 will sell more copies than Max Payne 3, it doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. Whether you like D3 or not, that is your problem, but to think that it won't out sell every other PC game this year is ludicrous. The only other PC titles that might surpass D3 is WoW's Mists of Pandaria (an expansion, that will be much cheaper) and Guild Wars 2 (though I highly doubt it).

12. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    So you think it will out sell Black Ops 2....That is ludicrous:banana:

13. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Heh, you got me there. I actually forgot about Black Ops 2 coming out this year. Then again, I'm always a year or so behind on the CoD games as I still have gotten the first Black Ops or CoD:MW 3. :)

14. Jayaitch

Jayaitch Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 460
    Black Ops II on the PC I reckon it will. :)

If out this year? The Last of Us is what I am most looking forward too, and also Guild Wars 2

Things like Max Payne 3, Bioshock Inifnite - imo played one, played them all.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  15. Austyn

Austyn Guest

AS the OP said, a great month for gaming, although i have been a little disappointed by some of them.

I have already bought Sniper Elite v2, found it far too easy, that's with Sniper Elite difficulty and all assists switched off. If anything the AI was just unreliable, sometimes it felt like god mode, other times it felt like i was walking thru a room full of idiots that cant see. The concept was great, the implementation was good too, just needed some work, their should of definitely been an option to disable bullet cam. Got irritating after a while.

Starhawk - Was a Day 1 warhawk player and really was looking forward to this, however the beta put me off. Yes Lightbox have listened to their fans and made a wholesale change to many aspects, but even after alot of beta testing and changes in the beta, the game is so fundamentally flawed with imbalance problems that i soon chucked this one in the bin. Starhawks are just OP vs infantry. The build a base concept (which i feel is great) just seems chaotic at times and their seems to be no importance given to building certain structures, building a wall is almost pointless aswell. The hawks definitely need addressing, they are the crux of the problem at the moment, i may revisit this title if i get wind that it has been balanced out.

Future Soldier - I was abroad during the beta so i missed out, but i have been a massive lover of Tom Clancy games. I enjoyed GRAW/GRAW2 although im more of a Vegas fan. However, that being said and watching some video reviews on the beta from some well trusted people on, that i feel have been very accurate on other titles over the past year, it reinforced that this will be a Day 1 signature edition purchase.

Dragons Dogma: Loved the demo, this is also a Day1 purchase for me, so on the 25th May im going to have two games, and have too flip a coin too see what i play first :)

Max Payne: like many others that have played the MP1 & 2, they will have fond memories of this series. Well i am afraid your memories will stop their. This game is nothing on is predecessors. The AI is laughable, some movement and cover animations are awful, (like standing up automatically after going into bullet time before you get into cover). Having any object break bullet time is stupid as well. Not challenging, uninspired storyline, was just boring.

Lastly for me: Diablo 3 - I was a massive D2 player, i probably invested more time on this game than most others, with the possible exception of WoW. However it just does not feel the same. It looks well polished and i think the executions was great, the PR has been amazing and i can't really say much to knock it, but as a D2 fanatic, this game just missed that "special something", that "magic" that D2 had. I will not deny that my love affair with PC games has massively dwindled, even thou i still own a meaty rig to destroy any game i throw its way, but apart from Skyrim, i am yet to find a game thats worthy of my time investment. Diablo 3 might appeal more to me later but for now, i can't draw myself to wanting to buy it, let alone justify spending my money on it. Atleast with a console game i can trade it in, not really an option for a PC game, and especially D3.

Some games that people have seemed too miss:

Sorcery (PS3 Move): Want to be harry potter? This games for you, also releases on 25th May, might pick it up for some fun, always wanted to be a wizard ya kno!

Dirt Showdown: Also 25th May but imho the Dirt series has gone from Superb to f*****g awful in the space of two years. The annual release that they have adopted has only damaged the reputation of what was an amazing rally game. Such a shame, will not be buying this junk at all.

Thanks for reading

Austyn

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012

16. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I think you would like Black Ops single-player campaign:)