Max temperature for 6950

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by cencsor, Jan 7, 2011.

1. cencsor

cencsor Member

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Hi guys,

Just got my new rig and a shiny new Gigabyte 6950 to go with it. Was just wondering what temps I should be getting on my card? I was just having a game of Dirt2, closed out, and heard that my fan was really loud. So i checked GPUz quickly and saw my temp at 71C.

As I type right now it's down to 55C, and usually in idle I'm pretty sure it sits around 47C - I will confirm this in a few minutes.

What is the max temperature for my card?

Cheers!

EDIT: Maybe this should be locked as I just saw the thread below mine.. :bang:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. robotman

robotman Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7970 1150/6400(R9280X)
    71 c is fine, these babys get to 92c on furmark, mines idles also 47c+ on 50% fan speed and gets 70c+ gaming

3. cencsor

cencsor Member

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Oh, good to know. Thanks! :)

Also found out what was so loud that made me check GPUz. The CPU fan. I'm not sure why but it's spinning over 5000RPM on load compared to <3000RPM in idle.

Problem is that it is really loud and the sound it makes is.. well similar to when a cable touches the fan blades, best way I can describe it.. Maybe I'll upload a video. It's just an OEM fan, I'm planning to get a Corsair H50 soon, so I'm not too worried at this point.

4. cencsor

cencsor Member

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Apologies for the double post. I have uploaded a video so you can hear the sound. It is definitely the CPU, when the noise stops, the fan RPM goes down in SpeedFan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiAo1Nn3FKY

5. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1070FTW
    Sounds like its gonna take off,what make of fan/cooler do you use,cant see much in video

6. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    you can fine tune the rpms using software and fan profiles ........based on temps .....

7. cencsor

cencsor Member

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Yeah like I said, its just the standard AMD heatsink/fan that comes with the chip. Not normal? It's only when the CPU is stressed, it's pretty much constant when gaming. Oh well, ordered my H50 for pickup tomorrow! :rock:

8. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    you can use MSI afterburner and fan profiles ...... to fine tune your fan , almost for sure there is no need to stress the fan to 100% and keep good temps

9. cencsor

cencsor Member

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Cheers, I'll give that a go.

Nice program, although I can only change the GPU fan RPM, which isn't the problem. I'm pretty sure you can adjust the CPU fan speed in the bios.. brb

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011