Max Payne 3 - Winter 2009 ZOMG!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by x-speed69, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Forced 2xSGSSAA does a great job of actually fixing the broken (4x)MSAA when used with FXAA and it around 5 C cooler while allowing the game to run at 60 fps except for very brief dips down to 45 fps during a few (but not all) of the non-interactive cutscenes. I'm actually surprised that SGSSAA works this way and with DX11 as I thought it was DX9 only.

2. S3nt3nc3

S3nt3nc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W7000
    Just finished it.
    I'm impressed game, last minutes of the game were pure awesomeness, especially terminal part with great soundtrack.

Beyond any doubt will play again.

3. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Yeah, the soundtrack in the terminal part was great. However, there were several other stages that had great soundtracks too...

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012

5. nofear4u

nofear4u Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 SC 4GB SLI
    Got a pair of 670 in sli running 301.42 drivers...installed max payne 3 last nite after updating it to 1.0.0.29...so far its been constant crashes to desktop saying Max Payne has stopped working...so what gives??

Im not overclocking anything (not cpu or sli setup) all my other 20+ games including Battlefield 3 run fine no crashes.

Should i upgrade to the nvidia betas or wait for rockstar's next update to fix it??

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    If your having probs with .29 patch do this (first try diff drivers as that might help).
    1.Uninstall game.
    2.Reinstall but do not update via auto update.
    3. Download these: Patch .22 - Actually, PM me for links as i think posting them here violates forum rules.
    Patch .28 - ^^^

3.Install patches - Block game from internet access via Firewall or disconnect pc.

4. Play :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  7. nofear4u

nofear4u Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 SC 4GB SLI
    Thanks but I figured out my prob...i have Creative Labs ALchemy software installed and I have to manually add every game in order to achieve EAX Effects and 3D Audio.

As soon as I deleted the Max Payne 3 profile everything runs normally...obviously buggy software from Creative Labs for my soundcard :/

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The 1.0.0.47 patch is now out via Steam and the retail auto-updater, unsure what it actually changed since I could not find anything about it on their forums or Steam but I imagine it brings support for the DLC that should be released today.

9. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    Is it just me, or is Max Payne 3 running at hundreds of FPS? I was expecting the game to be more demanding lol

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    FPS display-er-rers are talking nonsense, its a bug.

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Hurray, MSAA is fixed (again) with this 1.0.0.47 patch. I confirmed it by disabling FXAA and running the Chapter I Arcade level which had noticeable jaggies on the light coloured sofa/seat to the immediate right at the start with the 1.0.0.29 patch. 4xMSAA is now so good that you don't even need FXAA at all! :D

I obviously reported the issue with 1.0.0.29 to Rockstar and after showing them some screenshots got a "Thank you, we'll pass this on to the developers" response. I honestly never expected them to follow it up but it looks like they have (unless the issue is fixed with the v305.53 beta drivers I'm using?). Good stuff, whatever, that a publisher is supporting a game as well as Rockstar are with Max Payne 3. It's so rare these days. Usually you get one patch and that's it (hello Codemasters and EA!!!).

12. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    I really enjoyed this game and ran great in 3D.

Are there any release notes for the latest patch which it downloaded last night? Can't see any on Steam or on their website although I noticed free DLC due in August so perhaps that was included?

13. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Disorganised Crime free DLC is now available to download.

14. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Still need to play this. Think i am getting a copy on weekend! Just havent had time! :(

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooes... a new patch, v1.0.0.55, means that there's a chance Rockstar will break MSAA again (they've already done it twice!). Fingers crossed they haven't.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Just got this, any mods?

17. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Does this Hostage Nego. DLC feature COOP missions?

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i need to share my experience with this game which i played last night.

First i was thinking it has high production values etc. probably it has BUT OH MY GOD

- game is glitchy. i even once dropped out the level map. to the down to infinity.
    - in sniping level suddenly max stopped using the scope and put me in TPS view. and i coudlnt save my partner u know.
    - my partner stopped a door way and didnt move so i couldn't continue the level.

- well, too much cinematic a few gaming. i dont complain this but interesting.
    - ohh again once jump dive into air and passed the wall and found myself in other room which deosnt even a wall around it properly.

19. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I havent had any issues! Really enjoyed this game,ran like a charm for me.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i think mine is MADE IN CHINA hu? :nerd: