Max Payne 3 - Winter 2009 ZOMG!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by x-speed69, Mar 23, 2009.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Reckon that there will be mods for this? The latest OpenIV has an option in the menu for file access (havent tried it), but apparently mp3 is using something called ironwrapper for file protection - any thoughts?

2. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeah I reckon that's what keeping mods back, it's very annoying when devs encrypt everything instead of just the multiplayer.

Same thing with Crysis 2, multiplayer is screwing with modability :(

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I could have sworn that MSAA + FXAA was fixed in the v1.0.0.28 patch but, having not played the game for a while, it updated to v1.0.0.29 over the weekend and when I played it not only were there jaggies with 4xMSAA + FXAA=Very High on the Chapter I Arcade level I tested but there were also white outlines around enemies and along the edges of walls, something I thought was addressed in the v1.0.0.28 patch as it is mentioned in the release notes! Disabling MSAA and leaving FXAA on fixes the white outlines and improves the anti-aliasing.

So have Rockstar broken MSAA again or was it never working in the first place? (I'm using the v304.79 drivers for my GTX 680s)

4. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    ^ Yeah I noticed the same thing, they broke it again lol

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This, lol

I fixed it by uninstalling then using the stand alone patches from reloaded .26 and .28.

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Thanks.

*sigh*

So Rockstar have gone and broke the game... again! Swell! :3eyes:

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Ah, you too. So they really have broken MSAA again with this v1.0.0.29 patch then? I didn't have any issues with SLI though.

Do you also get white outlines around enemies and on wall edges when MSAA is enabled (i.e. the same bloody issue that was fixed in the v1.0.0.28 patch)?

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Nope, im back on .28 and everything's all good.
    would you like me to pm you the link for the patches?

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Yes please. Thanks.

So you can reinstall v1.0.0.28 over v1.0.0.29 then, or did you reinstall the game again and then reinstall the two patches to v1.0.0.28?

I'm guessing that you have to cancel the auto-patching when you launch the game to avoid it reinstalling v1.0.0.29?

10. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    MSAA and SLI work perfectly fine for me and im on the lateast update..

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    You sure you have v1.0.0.29 installed?

I have the retail disc version and was prompted to download the patch over the weekend. If you have the Steam version then you may still be running v1.0.0.28 as they're usually a little bit behind with patches.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What driver.ver are you using?

13. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    At work right now cant remember. It was 3xx version though. Ill get back to you when home.

14. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Guys i see the white lines too... i moved to 301.42, same thing though i have to say that these are nice drivers. Sorry for the confusion!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

16. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Anyone getting a BSOD and a reboot just after loading the game?

I've tried twice to get this game running after patching.

I thought having Tesselation on was causing it as I made it into the game, but then it crashed in the middle of playing. Sucks too because before that patch the game played well, I'm have way thru it

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Mx

^^Pm in your Box yo!

18. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    I only get a BSOD if I'm fiddling around with the FXAA and accidentally set it to Software.

I've found the AA still isn't perfect even at 8xMSAA + Very High FXAA but it's not too noticeable if I don't look too close.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I'm fighting a losing battle with Rockstar Support trying to convince them that MSAA+FXAA is essentially broken (since it looks substantially worst than just FXAA on its own) so I'd appreciate it if people would submit tickets and report the issue so they're made aware of this.

They claimed to have fixed the white outline with MSAA glitch in v1.0.0.28 and I believe it was but it is back in v1.0.0.29 of the game. I'm pretty sure that MSAA+FXAA was working fine in the v1.0.0.28 build. Kind of annoying to have an issue fixed then broken in the next patch a few weeks later. :puke2:

20. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Thanks for the tips mate. However I found the culprit it was my PC. It was really odd. I was up around 7am that day and ran 2 sim races, then played skyrim for a bit while the patch downloaded, but when I loaded the game it kept blue screening.

I thought for sure it was the patch but it wasn't. I decided to prime95 my PC and within 20 seconds it BSOD with a page fault. Usually thats caused by bad ram.

I forgot that I lost power earlier that day and when I restarted some of my settings went back to default. My system had overclocked settings but the voltages were set back to default.

So I re did my bios settings and prime95 ran with no issues. I thought I had bad ram, but I was playing Skyrim just before so I don't know how that manage to run ok.

Still problem solved and no BSOD but I'm keeping an eye out in case my ram is indeed faulty. My rig is nearly 4 years old so and runs almost 18 hours a day (sometimes 24 during game downloads).

Dodge a bullet. (Knock on wood!)