Max Payne 3 - Winter 2009 ZOMG!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by x-speed69, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Slam

Slam Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Just bought it last night. It's just "ok" to me. Soooooooo many damn cut scenes. It looks nice though. My recent IB/670 addition really cuts through this game, cranked. No complaints on performance. But damn, get rid of some of the cut scenes.

2. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Just finished this game a few days ago, and it while it was fun, I don't see me replaying anytime soon, and also the ending was a bit stupid, imo.

3. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    Got the game on release day and I haven't played it since, and not because it's a bad game, it's just Diablo has taken all my free time. I really need to set a day aside to finish it as I really enjoyed what I've played so far.

4. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    I have found myself repeatedly playing against the same gamers on a daily basis. Possibly an indication that multiplayer is on the decline. Maybe a double xp weekend should be introduced and the insane amount of kills for hardcore should be reduced by half.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It's not surprising.
    The majority of people I know that got Max Payne 3 got it for the single player and haven't touched the MP.

A few I know that have played some MP have said it's okay, but nothing worth really spending a lot of time with. The single player is the reason to play MP3.

6. The Michael

The Michael Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I got to level 7 in MP, really enjoyed playing it.
    Now i'm kinda losing interest in it, and there are these bitch-ass hacker idiots.

Still on my second playthrough on hard, enjoying the campagin!

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yea the sp alone story and arcade alone are fun and worthwhile enough for me. MP is ok, just not my thing either.

8. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX1080 Ti
    Just finished it, and its one of the best PC gaming experiences i've ever had.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    1.0.0.28 is out on the auto updater and via Steam.

-Security fixes
    -Various bug/stability fixes
    -MSAA white outline fix
    -Various multi-head improvements
    -Text chat added to lobbies by default
    -Mouse acceleration setting added to controls menu
    -Aspect ratio setting added to the graphics menu

(Mouse acceleration seems to default to off.)

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Are Rockstar fixing the broken MSAA in this game? As it is it barely works at all and when used with FXAA it breaks FXAA completely as if the two are mutually exclusive and not designed to work together.

FXAA on Very High is pretty good overall but I'd like to be able to use FXAA=Very High plus 4xMSAA like I do on Skyrim but it doesn't work in this game. 4xMSAA + FXAA=Very High actually looks worse than 0xMSAA + FXAA=Very High which is really weird. You'd think that it would look better as MSAA is applied during the rendering stage and FXAA is applied as a full screen effect after the rendering. The engine seems to disable FXAA if MSAA is used.

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Yeeeeah, I've just patched the game and I'm delighted to see that MSAA appears to be working now, or rather that FXAA + MSAA now appear to work together and offer very nice anti-aliasing. Tested it on Chapter 7, where I'm at now in the single player (graveyard at night in the rain), and on the first Arcade level which is a daylight office level. Good stuff, Rockstar!

12. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeah MSAA looks much better, but still demanding as hell and causes major mouse lag. So not sure if it's worth it

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I'm using 4xMSAAA + FXAA=Very High @ 1920x1200, DX11, maxed settings and the game runs at a flawless, silky-smooth 60 fps with v-sync enabled. I didn't noticed any input lag when I briefly tried it with a mouse/keyboard but I play the game with an Xbox 360 controller anyway as I personally feel it suits the game better.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Same here for the AA + FXAA, Cheers Rockstar mp3 looking crazy good.

Never played the previous 2 games bout now i can see what all the fuss is about I might have to go and grab then off steam.

15. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    !st one is great on the story, but low on graphics (for today) as it is an old game. payne 2 is great on graphics and mid on story. MP3 is great on graphics but a bit low on the story side.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    SLI USERS DON'T UPDATE YOUR GAME Well not yet anyway - Read below.

Patch 1.0.0.29 is out.
    http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/21535227-june-29-2012-max-payne-3-pc-patch-v-1-0-0-29

Seems to have destroyed SLI for me (15-25 fps) - I'll mess with some stuff and report back. -
    Update: changed SLI Rendering Mode: Single card and the game runs smooth. Changed it back to sli mode and game runs 15-25 fps (this is at the menu, haven't tried loading a game yet).
    Update: Loaded chapter VII, checkpoint 17 - Still the same as above when sli is enabled. Also used Ninspector (1.9.6.6) Max Payne 3 profile and this don't help with SLI.
    Update: MSAA is not working for me now ether, Choice aye. FFS.

Last time i played this game was this morning, just finished it and man what a game. Felt like another play through but NOOooooOO.:bang:

Anyone else got this issue, this is lame as they just fixed MSAA now sli not working.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    This patch also fixed the issue where cutscenes ran at ~3000 - 5000 FPS thus stressing the GPU more than needed, now they're between 300 to 400 FPS instead which is a improvement, maybe that's what is causing that SLI issue?
    (Some change to the render API or what it's called.)

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    AFR 1/2 dont help either.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Fixed it - Fresh install then downloaded and installed standalone patches .22,.28 - game wouldn't launch - cracked it - sorted and SLI/MSAA are working again to:).

20. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Just finished it, took me a little bit more than 9hours
    it's a good and really pretty action/cover game, but it has nothing to do with the max payne universe IMO.
    And the last level+ending was laughable
    I'm not interested about playing multiplayer