Max Payne 3 - Winter 2009 ZOMG!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by x-speed69, Mar 23, 2009.

1. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    WOW!!!...me like .........waaaaayyyyyyyyyyy to much!!!

I does seem like it lack the "noir" style....but it ok with me....I wonder if they still gonna go with the storybook animations!

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    They said in an earlier preview that the graphic novel scenes are back, but this time they are motion comics. So they won't be still images.
    Which again, I'll have to see it before making any assumptions about it being a good or bad decision.

3. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    A Max Payne game without noir flair is like a car without wheels, dude.

4. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Now that the Finns are out of the picture,
    Max falls into falls into alcoholic depression and suddenly develops Men's Health look.

How original

I just hope this Michael Bay crap gets pirated to hell and back.

6. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
  7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    lol, what you on about, were are you seeing Men's Health and Michael Bay:3eyes:

8. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Gathered some videos and screenshots from last few pages in to first post so thanks to all gurus who has followed this title lately.

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    This is Max Payne.

[​IMG]

This is also Max:

[​IMG]

and this is where Michael Bay + Bruce Willis shoot Die Hard 5 or Bad Boys 6.

Not sure which or why they call it Max Payne

[​IMG]

After drinking several years, he ends up in Brasilian favelas, head shaved and all buffed.

I suppose I should be glad, he was not sent full body armor as a part of a SEAL team to fight talibans.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    This is also Max Payne.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, i still don't get your point, or are you saying it's ok to change the actor into a completely different looking person for the second game which is set two year later.

But for the third game, when it's set 8 years later, it's not ok to change it into a guy who looks actually quite like Timothy Gibbs, and who is the guy who has been doing the voice for all the games.

Compared to when i last Max Payne, i also have less hair on my head and more on my face now lol.

Biggest issue i have with this game is the fact it will have multiplayer, it's my pet hate of gaming these days.

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Believe me, I saw enough in that trailer.
    You don;t even have to look.
    Just listen to that director and it's obvious where they're heading.

Film Noir? Just imagine the confusion a french word might cause in a teenage brain.

Skip it all together and focus on explosions and generally being a badass?
    HELL YEAH that's a sure winner

PS MULTI yeah, good eye, totaly forgot about that 1

EDIT: This is the voice of 1st two Maxes and this is the guy who gave face to 1st Max payne

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    As long as the shooting mechanics are good, that is all i care about.

On one hand it being all Film Noir again could of been great, but on the other do we really wan't a carbon copy of the previous games, but with shinier graphics.

I like the fact it has a mix of traditional more Noir looking parts with a suited, full head of hair Max, and a older different looking one in a different setting, variety is always good in a game.

EDIT: Yeah, i know who James McCaffrey is, which is why i mentioned that not only was he doing the voice in Max Payne 3, but also the full acting role, that alone give it more believability, even if i did really like Timothy Gibbs.

Sam Lake i was never a fan of, he just didn't have the right face for it, always made Max look stoned or like he was struggling to squeeze one out.

13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    scene from Max Payne 2:

2 terrorists in a room

Terrorist 1: Did you hear them? I can't believe those guys. I bet they sleep with their rifles. I bet they giving them names.

Terrorist 2: You don't have a name for your gun?

Terrorist 1: Hell no, you do?

Terrorist 2: Yeah...kinda

Terrorist 1: Let's hear it.

Terrorist 2: Eh...Dick Justice.

Terrorist 1: I rest my case.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Confused here, how is that Film Noir, was Dick Justice that not one of the TV shows that was on?

15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Nah... just my favorite ingame scene :)

yeah he was, but that scene was ingame...You hide and listen to terrorists.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    That's from the first Max Payne. In Cold Steel...
    Also, Max isn't all "buffed" in Max Payne 3. The shaved head look comes with a pretty portly gut.

I'm also not getting your "Michael Bay" comparison. Specially by throwing in Bruce Willis and Die Hard.
    The CoD: Modern Warfare series are far more in line with being in the spirit of Michael Bay. All style, no substance, lots of stuff exploding... but nothing going on upstairs.

Remedy have been play testing Max Payne 3 and been helping fine tune to the story. And they are very happy with what they've played, seen and heard.
    The teaser trailer, I wasn't a fan of. Mostly because the Max Payne theme doesn't fit with a bright and sunny local. But, I think the last few videos work to the game's advantage much better.
    The gunplay/gameplay looks much more kinetic and actually seems to have that Max Payne flair.
    Rockstar's decision to ditch the regen health and go back to painkillers also made me very happy. They actually seem determined to stay true to what made the first two games so great.

I'll agree that while Sam Lake is extremely recognizable as Max, his face just doesn't fit with the character or voice. But, Sam's face got used due to Remedy being a small studio, and they didn't have the funds to hire actors. Hell, even delivery guys got used as faces for random enemies.

Timothy Gibbs I loved in Max Payne 2. I thought he fit the role of an older and wise Max. While still maintaining that lost feel that drives Max forward.
    James has always been great at Max's voice, and while he is a damn good actor, I was off a bit at first to them using his face mostly because this would be the third time they would change his face.
    But... in recent videos and images I'd say they've managed to make him look a lot like how Timothy looked in MP2.

While I was originally completely against this game, mostly because Rockstar's initial information release on it was "No James doing the voice, set in sunny Brazil, regen health and a cover system"....
    They've since gone back and completely changed everything that was wrong with that phrase.
    I can't say I'm definitely going to pick it up. As I've still got some reservations about the story, I trust Remedy when they say they're pleased with what they've seen.
    But it's still a matter of me experiencing it myself.
    But, I'll say that the game is looking more and more like a must buy then it did a few months ago.

17. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    The game looks really nice, but for me what makes a Max Payne game is the awesome story.

18. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Still, i'd much rather have Remedy still making this one>> (esp after MSs choice for a console only game turned their new IP into just another blah horrorish game, whatever happened to that awesome preview demo from 05-06??)

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Alan Wake is one of my favourite games, great atmosphere and pacing, probably a little slow for some people though.
    Glad they ditched the silly idea to try and make it a sandbox game though, as Remedy had no experience in this area, and likely were just doing it as open world games were popular at the start after the success of the GTA games.

Would also of been a waste of Sam Lake's story.

A shame it never made it onto the PC, would of looked and ran so much better :(

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Alan Wake is awesome. :) Easily one of my favorite games in recent years. Gives me a reason to look forward to the upcoming Spike VGA show, as Remedy are going to announce a new Alan Wake game that will be released on Xbox LIVE.