Max Payne 3 System Requirements

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by pokerapar88, Apr 23, 2012.

1. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
  2. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Blu-Ray should have been implemented for PC gaming a long time ago. It would reduce the need for installing games on the HDD and it would reduce the need of 4 DVD packs for installation which is horrible.

3. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    No guarantee for DX10/10.1, quite alot of DX11 games have skipped DX10/10.1 support

And 35GB, damn...Both connection and storage will scream

4. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Indeed about the storage. If DX 10 is not supported, then the minimum requirements disclosed are wrong as those VGAs only take advantage up to DX10 api.
    Unless it is possible to have DX11 api functionality without the exclusive effects?

5. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    no alan wake had only dx 9 but to play it u need a dx 10 card horsepower, so i assume that to run max payne in dx 9 u need those dx 10 cards

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yes, that will be it.

It will likely have a choice of dx 9, 10 and 11 effects, but no dx9 card would be able to run it at more than 10fps

7. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    If there is no DX10/10.1 support, these cards will probably just be limited do DX9...Like Batman AC and LP2 for example

DX11 is just a superset of DX10/10.1, and a DX11 game should therefore be able to run on DX10/10.1 cards but without the hardware specific features like tessellation...Unfortunately, most games skip DX10/10.1 completely

8. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Well but Alan Wake runs pretty decent for a ported game. I wouldn't even try to run it with a DX9 card though. Even with one HD6850 the game ran a bit slow. Of course, two of them just owns it.
    And you must know as Alan Wake is a port, many features that are reproduced with DX9 hardware on the consoles, cannot be reproduced in PC the same way.
    Max Payne 3 IS NOT A PORT.

9. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    true that, but even a pc in mind game can have stellar requirements

for example witcher 2 a dx9 only game that as far as i can remember in the minimum department required a q6600 cpu

and it was a "true" pc game in a loong loong time

and don t forget b3 for ultra dx11 setting to run u need my cross system

10. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Yeah I agree. Its a shame some games are better optimized than others...

11. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    it is not 100 percent all on optimizations

like bf3 just imagine ultra setting dx11 64 players on a hugeee mappp combat in the background

my system dies on those maps, the vram usage goes to almost 3 gb

some games just require u to have a 2000 dollars pc to experience in full glory

heck only my cross system was 1250 dollars :)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  12. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I never had issues, I just lowered the ULTRA settings to high in textures and AA to OFF and I can play at 100+fps with everything else set on ultra :)

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No game has ever been made, or ever will be that should need that much hardware, maybe i'm getting old, but it's just not worth it, i would do it for benching, but not for gaming.

Sometimes i think game developers take advantage of some peoples upgrade addiction, instead of spending some time optimising the game.

Hoping this has some decent optimisations, as unless the 670 is less £250, then the only upgrade i will be getting for Max Payne 3 is an SSD.

14. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    u are old :)))

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I smell ****ty console port.

16. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    you have a decent PC, why uopgrade?? the SSD is way better for system snappines and loading times and that's it.. i believe using 35gb of its space for a game.. is a damn waste. I would go for commonly used software, OS and that's it.

17. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    it is not a port... theres the PC version and the console version, both developed separately.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Because i don't like having to turn down visual settings, or have lots of framerate drops, always feel i'm missing something if i have to compromise on one or the other.
    Getting abit annoyed with it now though, well annoyed with the pricing anyway.

The SSD is something i have wanted for a while now, plus Rockstar have said that because the engine constantly streams information from the hard drive, an SSD will improve thing.

19. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    So they say, but we have no idea what their definition of a port is, and you can be sure for marketing purposes, that definition is as loose as utterly possible. From what I've seen, the game is a port.

20. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    We'll have to wait and see :)