Matrox Marks 45 Years of Innovation in Technology

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Matrox proudly celebrates its 45th anniversary. Innovation has been central to the brand's identity since its inception, and continual evolution has propelled Matrox through decades of technological ...

Matrox Marks 45 Years of Innovation in Technology

2. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I had two Matrox cards back in the day and it worked quite well with 3DFx graphics. The company was in Quebec, Canada. One card came bundled with a game called "Scorched Earth" which was more or less a 3D arcade game where you had to save the inhabitants of a planet while simultaneously fending off an alien enemy that was destroying the planet's surface. Upon completing the rescue the game went to a new planet where everything was notched up even harder. Rinse and repeat. My first experience with 3D graphics and great fun in the late 90's. A few years later my last card came bundled with the game, "Evolva" which I still play occasionally to this day.

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Remember needing a Matrox card to be able to use Bumpmapping early on?

CrazY_Milojko and beedoo like this.
  4. beedoo

beedoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6900XT Liquid Devil
    I had the Matrox Millennium, Millennium II, G400 and G400 Max back in the day.

Actually, Matrox gave me the G400 for free after accidentally shipping that to me by mistake - thanks Matrox!

Maddness likes this.

5. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    If my memory doesn't fail me bad, I had Mystique in a HP pro box, was running win NT and Lightwave on OpenGL.
    It wasn't a bad card just not great for games.

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    Matrox cards were pinnacle of 2D quality.

HandR, CrazY_Milojko and Maddness like this.
  7. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti@2.0Ghz
    I had a Matrox G400 Max and also a 3Dfx Voodoo 2, good old memories where gfx cards were affordables

8. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Expendable? Can't be sure, it was in last millennium :) Played lot of that game backthen co-op with my brother, but not on a Matrox card, not quite sure what card(s) we had then, think it was S3 Virge + Miro 3D Voodoo 6MB or S3 Virge + Creative Voodoo 2 12MB combo. No bumpmapping on these of course.

Indeed, Matrox cards were quite expencive here backthen tho, way more than semi-crap produced by S3, Cyrus Logic, Trident...

mbk1969 likes this.
  9. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080S WaterForceWB
    Never had one myself.
    Didnt care about having an actual pc myself until a proc went past 1ghz (thanks AMD),
    and already came with Nv..