Mass Effect is not dead?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mbk1969, Dec 3, 2018.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
  2. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SOLD!
    coc and mbk1969 like this.
  3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    What?!

coc likes this.
  4. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070GTX

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super

K.S. likes this.
  6. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Bad animations were quite irrelevant to me. I remember it played quite well and looked amazing after patches and the gameplay was actually fun to me. The biggest problem was the story and dialogues. It's just super generic unimaginative and the companions and characters you meet along the way are even worse. I don't even remember the names of any of those and I could care less for their supposed problems. Sadly I don't think any mod can really fix that.

Brasky, K.S., Corrupt^ and 2 others like this.
  7. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070GTX
    yes.. no matter how good it might improve the looks, the amateur script and empty stories
    in Andromeda aren't worth my effort to install it.

some rumors around the remastered trilogy says October, some September. and other theories
    lean towards N7 day ( November ). if it's going to release this year, and it's decent enough,
    it will make my year. with the stuff the world went through this year.. the trilogy sure can
    help. lol.

8. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I would be surprised if the rumored remaster was still this year. And I hope it's not just a lazy face uplift, but that it brings some improvements too. Namely that they actually finish ME3, even if they were to just add a video at the end. Otherwise the entire trilogy still doesn't look that terrible and there are also mods that improve textures anyway.

9. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SOLD!
    Yeah the thing that always left me feeling .. how best to put it “incomplete” ? Was the Salarian Ark like it was some mission built in to the already existing game that never got unlocked via DLC or something strange. So much about that release was odd but not a deal breaker for me. People over reacted while I bought it in location at a local Target. *shrugs* I suffered the various bugs and nuances of rushed product but enjoyed the experience nonetheless. I think there’s enough decent content there far as the writing to go into Mass Effect 5. Scrapping it all would be a waste, I’d heard some talk about going back to formula with ME5 regarding a reboot of the series. I think it’s an overreaction.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Will the next game go back to what the fans love or will it continue Andromeda?

Honestly can't see them continuing Andromeda., BioWare needs better writers, better animators and actual play testers that result in actual feedback resulting if bugs being fixed before a video game is released.

cerebus23 likes this.

11. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SOLD!
    @KissSh0t What is it fans love & how can Bioware meet these expectations in the next release? Do you have an example of a certain storyline or specific plot you'd like to see?

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Sure thing, nothing to do with Andromeda, the story or the characters.

[​IMG]

K.S. likes this.
  13. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SOLD!
    The previous universe, the Repear storyline; a continuation of that? You know it's funny you mention that because I actually really enjoyed that storyline and found the lore and mystery of it very engaging. I would have liked them to explore it a little more, there was a lot left unanswered at the end of ME3.

EDIT: For me, Mass Effect 2 and Halo 2 will always be held in high regard in my memory. It's a conversation for another time but they both were great to experience/play for the first time ever having never had played them before and were very fleshed out far as being developed.

KissSh0t likes this.
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I just hope the next game is MassEffect 4 "not 5, Andromeda is not 5".. and that 4 is a good game with likable characters and interesting stories, that's literally all I want.

The only part of Andromeda I did like was driving the vehicle, although the one thing I didn't like about even the vehicle was seeing the wheels clip through the body when the suspension gets compressed under load, gosh I wish people designing video game vehicles thought out their designs more.

Andromeda would have been slightly better if we could kill every npc.

15. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SOLD!
    Yes, fair point & to be honest that wasn't hard to spot in like an hour of playtesting but yeah... such was that game.

EDIT: which tells me they knew, saw it, didn't care & released it. (apparently, vehicle was the first thing developed in MEA so this tells me that time wasn't a factor in this decision) So *sigh* ugh I dunno perhaps you're right, need to be ME4 for next title and different dev house not EA (whatever MEA one's was).

16. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070GTX
    when the story\script is mature, the universe and characters are interesting.. i can live with other flaws.
    ME trilogy had flaws, the second game for me was the finest but every one of em had its own flaws.
    as for the remaster, i sure hope they will fix several things but not too much, examples :

- technical stability in sound effects for the first game.
    - a modern touch in graphics, nothing overwhelming.
    - several bug fixes in terrain\environment not working properly ( ME2 mostly )
    - better movement\reaction ( if its possible ) in ME1, smoother gun-play.
    - Ashley in ME3 forever refreshing her shields and not moving. something i always had in my plays.
    - adding some interesting conversations to Kasumi\Zaeed in the Normandy in ME2. they had none.
    - adding more codex information, any game. universe is so interesting i don't care what as long as it fits the story\history.
    - smoother Mako movement if possible.

:D

K.S. likes this.
  17. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    For me MEA was just such a waste, because of the story. They have traveled to another galaxy where you could create literally anything, but we just get a generic story with generic evil villain and a bunch of kids who never amounted to anything who save the world. At least Sheppard is some highly decorated, trained and experienced soldier before you even become specter.

Anyway, I guess they can build up on the MEA story, but it really needs to pick up from the first one and they really need to put in the work writing up the characters and making interesting conversations, maybe even replacing half of them outright. Things like "my face is tired" are probably the only thing I remember out of them. Simply the conversations were incredibly forced and unnatural, as if the were written by some asocial who never talks with people.

18. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    As an asocial who rarely talks to people, I feel offended that you insinuate that I would ever write "my face is tired" as viable part of any conversation.

mbk1969 and Backstabak like this.
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    [​IMG]

mbk1969 and K.S. like this.
  20. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SOLD!
    I cannot tell if you are joking or are acting anal around the forum lately? Which is it?