1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass Effect is not dead?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mbk1969, Dec 3, 2018.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I will never go renegade way!

Just yesterday I finished ME3 as vanguard with lean on heavy melee and Nova. Now I will try other (not ME) game. And after that I will try infiltrator with melee build.

PS Since I installed ALOT mod(s) into all 3 MEs I will never uninstall them.

Never!

2. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    cant. im scared.. won't forgive myself :)

im gonna go full Biotics this time. its been a while since i did it.

mbk1969 likes this.
  3. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 1080ti-XOC BIOS
    The right way of playing the series, when answering questions, reply the same manner how you would do in real life, none of that 100% renegade or whatever if you know what I mean, bet not many people played it in this manner.

4. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    yeah.. i find some builds not interesting after iv played em. i went full Biotics and restarted again last night
    with Infiltrator class. now im having a blast.. guess im more into Soldier\Infiltrator\Vanguard as male Shep.

getting that SMG from Kasumi's DLC today... along with the Widow. weekend is gonna be interesting :)

think il skip ME3 this run.

5. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Personally I found Vanguard to be the best, nice close combat shotgun with melee options and charge. Except for ME1 it works absolutely great and is a lot of fun. I also played biotics and soldier. Biotics are really strong, but I found it to be rather boring because of that. Soldier is what you would expect, simple assault rifle gameplay and from cover shooting. It works fine, but there are just more fun builds.

6. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    yeah.. Vanguard is pure fun. Soldier was my favorite choice, and i think i still like it better
    than my current run as Infiltrator. i liked the the idea in ME3 that we could remove some weapons
    from the load-out itself. that way a Soldier felt to me like a real marine.. carrying only Assault-rifle and Shuty for close quarters,
    reminded me the marines from the old Aliens movie.

ME2 is a great jump in game-play\shooting compared to the first one, but ME3 system was much more solid.

im having a blast in ME2, still doing dossiers and this game has aged very well

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I played only Jane Shepard, but now I decided to try John (to explore other romances obviously). It is funny feeling when you know dialogs by heart but get startled by the male character.
    And I managed to discover new dialog at Citadel (ME1).

coc and cerebus23 like this.
  8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    [​IMG]

KissSh0t likes this.
  9. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    starting Lotsd 5 mins from now. Arrival right after it, and im not gonna go for a ME3 run this time. got some other
    single players i still need to finish.

on ME2 its probably my last run till next summer.. keeping it installed :)

it was kinda easy playing Widow based infiltrator on insanity.
    i noticed several lines i missed in earlier runs.. took some different choices on small missions while the Paragon\Renegade screen jumped.. was kinda cool to see it.

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cerebus23 likes this.
  12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    [​IMG]

RealNC, coc and cerebus23 like this.
  13. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    i saw some headline last night, didn't click it since i was half sleeping.. might check it again today.

anyway.. headline said BioWare plans to keep going with the Mass Effect series.

1. if its a REMASTER im all in for it. take my money.
    2. if its a new game, il make sure im reading 400 reviews before im considering it.

after Andromeda's disaster im having a hard time thinking about a brand new mass effect title
    from BioWare.

14. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Quite frankly, that is a pointless statement, because Bioware may not exist if the planned Dragon Age game bombs. Also, it would most likely be a sequel to Andromeda.

cerebus23 likes this.
  15. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    well if that's a remaster, that's actually the right way of doing it by building the hype slowly and
    speak towards the ones that will actually buy it ( the trilogy fans ).

just saying.. i know it works since im willing to buy it despite the fact that BioWare of today
    is half dying.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    they running out of last chances.

but it IS pretty gdamn apparent the problems systemic at bioware. there is nobody at the healm the ships been rudderless through 3 games and 2 different studios and it was a crunch to get 2 of those 3 games out the door in 2 years start to finish minus assets.

people have said internally they were shocked inquisition came off at all they were in chaos there.

they need to address this they need a manager a organizer and a person that knows how to lead a games design team and get people working toward a goal. there has been hardly any goals at bioware for ahwile now everyone doing wtf ever i guess.

well they got this dragon age to figure this out. if not yea mass effect will be closeted like EA loves to do after they run something the ground, or will be sold off.

17. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    As far as I know, Bioware isn't remastering any of it's old games. The new Dragon Age is a sequel to Inquisition.

18. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    so maybe after their latest train-wrecks they should take a break from trying to hard
    and make some worthy remasters for some positive points. i see it as a smart move.. but yeah,
    whatever.. can't really hope for anything good at this point.

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    remaster kotor 1 ;p and jade empire 2 naw just forget it too late. and their old school titles hold up pretty well today. they look good and they run well far as i know not tried jade lately but was considering it.

it not like the final fantasy 7 remaster or the resident evil 2 one playstation 2 remasters with the right studio are worthy of the price of admission.

imo many of the pc remasters are a joke though dark souls remaster? some just add a few textures and some scaling options oh look a remaster i find some of these efforts insulting so i simply do not buy them.

20. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    I bet it's not gonna be a video game, but an "experience" focused on a "sense of pride and accomplishment." I have zero hopes for it. When did EA publish their last actual video game?

cerebus23 likes this.