Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Hughesy

Hughesy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Well I finally have HDR working and it looks great, funny thing is after I quit the game HDR then gets turned off in Windows. Windows really needs an auto HDR settings, because on the desktop it looks awful when turned on.
    I see a lot of people still trash this game, myself I’ve loved it even with the flaws, played it for over 70 hours so far.

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I like this analysis

cerebus23, KissSh0t and Keitosha like this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Press F to pay respect.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF**ck you "BioWare"

*resumes breathing normally*

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    cerebus23 and mbk1969 like this.
  4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Same respect action - toward EA.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    That very same video popped up in my recommended list but I never watched it. Looks like I'll check it out anyway.

Still, come on guys, ME:A is not so bad if you don't expect an ME:ish game :D

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    That`s what a reviewer concluded. Just not ME-ish game.
    But, after I discovered I can`t actually give orders to my companions I lost interest - why play a game with supposed RPG elements and exploration for straight shooter combat only?

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    That's quite true. I don't really care what my companions do as long as they shoot something. I guess that's not what the devs intended.

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    That`s what appeals in ME combat - to be able to order a companion to attack a specific foe with specific attack, to build a combo or simply out of tactic situation. Devs took that away.

9. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    I am Mass Effect fan and I love this game... Sry...
    Bought it few day ago, not on release....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    I liked it at first aswell, but it just gets boring quite quickly, cause it's hard to care about any of the characters - at least that's how i felt :)

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Yep, characters were extremely bland. The fact that I can't even remember the names of any of them says a lot. I did complete my playthrough at like 98%, but compared to the original trilogy where I finished each game at least 4 times this had basically 0 replayability for me. It's a shame really, the engine had potential for some spectacular planets/art/atmosphere (and you can see it in some places). Couple that with decent story and characters and the game would have been a lot more enjoyable. Instead they went for the quick cash grab and this was the result... the death of a franchise, at least for the foreseeable future.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    I haven't even completed the main story... i've tried to force myself to complete it a couple of times, as i paid the full price at launch (duh to me), but each time i've played for like 30 min max, and thought to myself "meh, can't be bothered with this..."

signex and Solfaur like this.
  13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I know the feeling, I too got it at launch, but as it happened I literally had nothing else to play around that time so I went through with it. I can tell you one thing though, you didn't miss anything. I always expected some kind of mindfuck twist towards the end (in connection with the time that passed while they traveled) but nope, can't even remember what the ending was, except that it just another missed opportunity.

14. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1070's SLI
    Have you or anyone have a fix for this? I’m getting the same error 10 minutes in the game. I haven’t seen a hard crash like this in forever.

15. shafat777

shafat777 Active Member

GPU:
    2x Gtx 980 SC 4GB SLI
    The solution to that error is lack of page file. I have 32gb of memory. but the game still crashes. Just set your pagefile to "SYSTEM MANAGED" and it should go away. As soon as the computer runs out of page file, it crashes. Hope that helps.

16. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1070's SLI
    I’ll give it a go, thanks for the tip!

17. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    i think ME is my number one game as a series.

here is a good test for anyone that loved the original series, or never played it
    and looks for a huge sc-fi story oriented experience :

1. install all 3 three games. with DLC's highly recommended.
    2. play it ( take your time to do everything ), finish it.
    3. install Andromeda.
    4. ignore the critics, and give it a chance.
    5. tell me what ya thinking.

iv tried that test. if ur willing to try it - please ignore my personal opinion on it :

it was far worse than the first time i played Andromeda. it is a TERRIBLE game.
    Andromeda had stunning graphics, that's about it. the characters are EMPTY VESSELS - that's the only issue that KILLS Andromeda completely as a ME game.

on the first run.. i ignored a few bugs i had, the animations and the meh story. on the second run
    i deleted the game after 4-5 hours including some exploring.

that's like taking untalented writers and throw a big budget on em expecting them to accomplish
    the next Sopranos. its not realistic. the writing and the connections between every person\alien in
    this game is 2\10. i could have write a better game with some time spared.

i completely understand people that loved the game and they aren't big fans of the originals.
    but fans ? i can't see how.

mbk1969 likes this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    That should be The official review of this game.... that's literally it, there are no truer words to convey what this game is.

19. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1070's SLI
    I’m about 8 hours in and enjoying it so far. I’m getting a random shadow/shimmer bug. It’s very strange, it looks like the outlines of what’s on screen burns onto the image and doesn’t get erased. You’re able to see it when turning. Hard to explain but it really bugs, any ideas on how to fix it?

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Not 100% sure, but it might be the infamous frostbite engine SLI bug, and as you have 2x1070s might try to play with only one and see if it still happens.