Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    HDR in this is wonky. You gotta enable it in your Nvidia control panel first and make sure Windows turns it on. Need to change your resolution to Yuv 422 then 12 bit colour

What I'm not sure how do to is how to not make with Windows look washed out with HDR.

As opposed to shadow warrior 2 that just overrides your windows setting and just turns it on

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Downloading the 10 hours trial right now , i want to give it a try and see what the state of HDR is on old versus new nvidia drivers on creators update on my Samsung KS8000

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    my friend played the game on ps4, but he says the characters are lifeless, no emotions on the faces etc he found himself not immersed in the game because of this, does anyone confirm ???

5. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Ehm, wasn’t that confirmed by like the whole internet at release?

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Stuffs been patched, personally find it fine but your mileage may vary.

Just go play the 10 hour trial and make your decision yourself

7. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    I did the 10 hour trial and bought it on sale for half price and have been enjoying myself immensely.
    Most of the reviews circulating are quite frankly nothing but a complete pile of steaming crap.
    Sure the technical issues are one thing, bugs, poor facial animations(it really bugs me that Turian nose plates are static!) but everything else is just pure nonsense and hate IMHO.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i see, well my friend was saying this after he read some reviews saying that characters are not lively, and have no expressions etc... but i heard myself many positive reviews about this game.

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    patch 1.10 dropped

started with 1.14gb size then recalculated to around 350mb , no patch notes though

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    wait your friend said this after reading some reviews and not actually playing the game either pre or post patched?

it had really wonky facial animations at the start, I posted videos here myself of it, the worst have been patched out, now it's just standard stuff you'd expect in this sort of game

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    http://blog.bioware.com/2017/07/31/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-10/

Below you can find the changes included in update 1.10 for Mass Effect: Andromeda.

• Veteran ranks of characters will only drop after all characters of that rarity have been unlocked to rank 10.
    • Naladen explosion now deals damage when Cryo or Incendiary Ammo are equipped.
    • Fixed issue where Dwindling Supplies and Empty Resupply mission modifiers would not function correctly if a player left the game.
    • Dhan shotgun now properly primes enemies.
    • Fixed issue where Bulwark, Siphon, and Concussive variants of pistols and sniper rifles would prime enemies too slowly when using special ammo.
    • Fixed issue where using Supply Pack Transmitter would reduce spare ammo if Empty Resupply mission modifier was active.
    • Using First Aid with Supply Pack Transmitter no longer heals enemies.
    • Fixed issue that caused screen to blink red/yellow when using Siphon and Bulwark weapons.
    • Rank XIV Common Characters are no longer displayed as Rank XV

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Like I mentioned in my first post, it's not an FPS problem, it's a frame time problem but well, I've gotten used to it now.

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Didn't read that article. But I can't say I'm shocked either. From what i've been reading on twitter is that former head over there was a racist pos and EA didn't do anything about it until it was too late. OTOH, we have Anthem and a new dragon age game to look forward too. :)

14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    so turns out HDR/DV in this game needs borderless window to be on , fullscreen will not allow that to work at all

15. EA mentioned Andromeda as a big contributor to their quarter financial success...
    Well it's Mass Effect after all... Even though badly crafted and terribly unpolished from a new, inexperienced and currently disbanded studio :) It really shows the importance of a well established IP.

16. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    The power of big studios marketing established IP's. Look at this and FO4.
    It no longer matters how good a game is.

lucidus likes this.
  17. BoabyKenobi

BoabyKenobi Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7700
    So is the game any good or not?

I've read so many mixed reviews...

The original Mass Effect (still one of my favourite games, incidentally) had decent visuals but the facial animations weren't exactly great, which is something that seems to be brought up a lot regarding Andromeda, but it didn't make the game any less amazing.

I was a little disappointed with ME2 & 3 as the RPG elements were toned down but they were still good games, just not as amazing or as deep as the original.

18. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    It is still a good game, better combat than any of the others and slick controls. Lots of varied and great looking areas and even after a playthrough that can last maybe 80 hours, there is new game plus as well.

The game was cheap at launch here in aus so I image now it can be had on sale cheaply.

People's biggest complainta were facial animations, which were later patched some quest bugs, 99% of which have been fixed now and they patched the drm out of the game at the end which fixed some performance problems.

19. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    No it's not good. It's very very average with some pretty terrible writing. Gameplay is ok, questing - characters - dialog - animation, terrible.

20. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    The power of big studios marketing established IP's. Look at this and FO4.
    It no longer matters how good a game is.

ehm ... i don't see a difference here, both games sucks.
    But at least FO4 can be modded somewhat to be little decent.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017