Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Thanks guys, sounds good then! Btw did you try the Destiny 2 beta? How does it compare to ME:A, which did you like more?

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I played the Destiny 2 beta a few times.
    ME:A... tried the free trial on Origin... and got bored with it rather quickly. Destiny 2 is a much better game.

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Tbh Destiny's the one I'm more interested in but it occurred to me ME:A could be another option to get.

4. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    ME:A is not bad game, finished that game while back and if I would play again this game not sure, liked a lot few things there and some things which I didn't liked but still is good game and pretty long(70-80 hours I think I have played this game)

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

5. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Tried trial over the weekend and surprising enjoyed it. I mean faces still look a bit creepy and look quite plastic but apart from that its decent so far. Combat is pretty fun.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Good thing is that this notion only applies to humans, so Aliens always look fine :D

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    I completed it yesterday, it is a fun game but it drags out a bit much. Too many side quests need you to hop between planets for no real need. The last one I did made me swap planet 3 times to complete it, to swap planets takes about 5 minutes or so for various cutscenes to play out

Each planet really should have been self contained

70 hours total, I shudder to think how much of that was space travel

signex likes this.
  8. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I installed the game again, and upon landon on Habitat 7...the first planet, I realised that I just can't put myself through this game ever again. I had to skip all dialogue and skippable cutscenes just to get there and the game is just so f-ing stale.

It was only a half acceptable game in the context of me having no games to play at the time. But I've been playing lots of better games lately and just can't stomach this slog through hell.

I'm done, never again.

KissSh0t and Solfaur like this.
  9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Same here, this is actually the first ME game that I finished just once. I played the trilogy trough at least 3 times (3 archetypes, super nice guy paragon, asshole renegade and the neutral) and enjoyed coming back to each character with each new game, try different squads etc. I played through ME1 the most though, probably like 5 times, the RPG elements were still strong back then and loved it!

But Andromeda... almost the entire crew are dull as dirt, so not really curious to try new squad combos, and while at some very few points I would have liked to see how the other dialogue options play out, can't bring myself to go through the entire snorefest again just for that.

10. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI FE
    Hi all :)

I have been trying to get Andromeda to work for about two weeks. I have tried every possible solution on the internet, but it still crashes randomly with this error: https://imgur.com/ivmhaKe

Anyone that has an solution for this?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017

11. Hughesy

Hughesy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Does anyone know how to get HDR10 to work in this game? I have it enabled in Windows, my TV and the game, but it looks very washed out and clearly not working. Every other game that supports HDR is working fine, just this game...

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    hdr10 looked shite for my game too, for ME:A i think unless you own the best OLED tv it looks crap

just don't bother and play the game

13. Maddness

Maddness Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX 480
    Is the game any good now. I was hoping that given all this time all the early issues would be fixed.

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Very grindy, lots or repetition. The main story is quite good I thought, £20 worth sure.

Maddness likes this.
  15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I could not play it because it failed to interest me: the characters, the dialogues, even the combat where you can`t order team (except for taking a position). Only interesting part was customization of character.

lucidus likes this.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Can't fix boring.

17. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I played the game for the gameplay. Not the graphics, or horrible animation - but gameplay, fire fights... I expected a challenge. I got anything but! The gun fights (at the time I played it) was laughable at best.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I guess if you are a big mass effect fan you would enjoy it.... although... I am a big mass effect fan and found it to be frustrating, not because of the bugs and bad facial animation and terrible lines written for the characters.. but.. the story, it just lost me and I ended up not knowing what was happening and then didn't know where to go or what to do and then stopped playing it.

19. blurp33

blurp33 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti on H2O
    I rarely don't finish a game I start. I'm a Mass Effect fan. But this game just killed it. Boring is the word indeed. Uninspiring story. Sad.

20. Hughesy

Hughesy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    I don’t think it’s the TV’s fault, I think it’s broken. I’ve searched a lot about it, and many have said it broke after a patch. I’ve already played the game loads, as I bought it long before I got a 4k HDR TV. It’s a shame, as every other game that supports it looks amazing compared to SDR.
    It sucks that so many games on PC don’t support it, but console versions do, just because devs think no PC gamers use TV’s