Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Thats homophobic :p

You can tell by looking at the top of their heads.

2. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Well, I wasn't the who made it like this :p But seriously, there was a krogan female in ME2 (or was it 3?) and she spoke like a woman, not a stereotypical joke of a gay man. I really laughed when I heard her (I guess) speak and that was only after the kringe of that whole "battle".

They would probably have made a better choice to make it into something commical and not serious, like borderlands. Instead of taking themselves too serious and then delivering animations, voice acting and even human proportions like the ones in cartoons.

It would definetely be great if there was at least one partisan in a dev team who incorporated snide comments and general dickness into the dialogues. The emotional, casual, logical and professional choises are just one sided. It's as if you are set to be this paragon of virtue, even if it goes beyond rediculous.

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    OpenWorld games are the hardest games on that matters, can't really compare to BF1. Witcher serie maybe?

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Like you, I also have an external USB 3.0 Se hard drive (4 TB) plugged into my PS4 Pro to supplement the 2 TB internal one. By default all games are installed to the external drive, including Mass Effect Andromeda. However since the initial play I've relocated the game to the internal drive and from what I can tell loading times are identical and I haven't noticed the game running any better, although the framerate on Eos is less janky so far. By the way, I looked over a cliff edge on Habitat 7 and the bottom part of the mountain was missing both the textures and lower geometry (I suspect that the developers hadn't bothered to model it because they though no one would look there!).

The game is definitely best played on PC though IMO. Framepacing is better and it feels a lot less chuggy than it does on PS4 Pro.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    They didn't bother to model there. Lol good one.

I need to add I am on high difficulty and game is challenging. Stayed with default female and it doesn't cut. Need more protection.

And this cover system is confusing. It takes auto cover itself on walls and obstacles right? Sometimes doesn't work. I struggle. Probably need to get used to it.

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    If you liked the previous Mass Effect games, then you'll probably like this one. The gameplay is similar, but much more refined and there are more options in how to engage enemies.

So far the story has been pretty cool, so I have no issues there. The only thing really preventing this game from living up to its predecessors are the poor animation quality for humans, and some of the voice acting can be juvenile at times; but not because of the voice actor, it's because of the writing.

Still, I am enjoying it a lot, and I've sunk about 5 hours into it already.

7. niczerus

niczerus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    I use RTTS to lock the fps to 45 , but i see tearing , any idea how fix this?
    i have disable vsync and Triple buffer because the game runs worse .

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    vsync is for stopping screen tear.... that is what it does.

9. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    The ingame Vsync bugs out, it will says its on and still tear.

have to turn it off then on again, I found it better to force it in the control panel

10. niczerus

niczerus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    Yes but the vsync lock the fps to 30fps on some points .
    yeah but lock the fps to 30 fps to via control panel too on some parts.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  12. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Sir, you are wrong. :)

Checkerboard rendering always uses 50% buffer sorted in 1,0,1,0 pixel on, pixel off grid. Thats why its called Checkerboard.
    For 3200x1800p resolution the CB buffer is 1600x1800, for 3840x2160p resolution (HZD) the buffer is 1920x2160
    The full image is constructed by sampling the On pixels to create the missing pixels. (to describe as simple as possible)

3200x1800 = 5760000 pixels
    Half Buffer = 2880000 pixels
    1600x900 = 1440000 (its the HALF buffer of the needed HALF buffer)

CB doesn't use half resolution like you suggested but 50% Buffer.

[​IMG]

You can read more here and here

13. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Im in same situation, but I found a solution, enable Fast Sync from Nvidia settings, with fast sync you dont have to limit the fps, it will render as many as it can (sometimes more than 60) and no tearing, but i limited my fps with rivatunerserver, in game triple buffer and vsync off, game runs smooth

14. BarryB

BarryB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Should they just rename it 'Mass DEFECT' and be done with it?

15. suture

suture Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    dunno what your talking about, runs perfectly fine with a 2011 CPU and a 1070 gtx in ultra 1080p@60 fps :)

+/- 20 hours played, having a blast ^^

16. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Thanks for pointless post, but I'm not wrong.

The line you are questioning:
    "To make it simple, it's more like 900p->reconstructed 1800p->up-scaled to 2160p (4K)",
    was a simple version of this:
    3200x900->reconstructed 3200x1800->up-scaled to 3840x2160, which is exactly half of the resolution(= half of rendered pixels) as I said in my previous post.

Also the distribution of samples (aka. checkerboard) is dependent purely on implementation in current engine, it's not always the way you shown.

(but don't get my wrong, I'm happy that my post made you use Google and learn something)

17. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    Does anyone know if this is supported for 4k HDR gamestreaming on Shield TV?

18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    I bought it yday, and played an hour before i had to depart to the other world :)

Seems like a mass effect game, outside of funny poor animations, and low-quality polygon faces, story is generic but that's the beginning.

19. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    I like it so far, despite the poor animations. Will keep the helmet on for cutscenes.

20. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    shh, it's fancy upscaling. Pro upscaling, one might say - Piss pro upscaling :infinity:

21. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    The complaining about MEA seems overstated. It seems like it could have used a patch or 2 before release but it certainly isn't broken. When you talk to someone characters seem to flicker into place before the talking starts and a few other minor things like doors on the tempest being glitchy.

The animation thing isndefinitely overatated. It seems like animations quality from 2 years ago or something but isn't more broken than any of the dozen latest games I've played, it just could have been better.

I imagine in 6 months there will be articles talking as if none of this contraversy ever existed. The only forced sjw b.s I saw was the conversation between the co pilot and ryder about religion, when it was needlessly brought up and had no place in a sci fi set hundreds of years in the future...but none of it negatively impacted the experience.

My only real complain is that there is a need to be online to complete single player strike team missions, that is unbelivably forced and stupid. The game already makes you use origin....the additional online only drm crap has no place in a sp game.

Also the research and development thing seems convoluted, if you need a certain element you should be able to research what planet to go looking for it on....instead of just stubling through the game and having to save before you research anything....because it doesn't tell you if you'll even have enough resources to develop it after researching it, there should be a 'research and build' option.

Edit, the fact that you can't have multiple quests active is absolutely retarded however, you are on the nexus and it is separated into sections and levels and there is no inddication of what quests are active on the map until tou go in and out of the different quest journal sections and select them all one by one...all nearly quests should be shown on the map.