Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    PC 4K HDR trailer

The graphics in this game are absolutely stunning. This game represents what can happen when Frostbite 3 isn't restrained by being focused on multiplayer like the BF series:

PC 4K HDR trailer

It also makes me sad because the game's incredible potential has been tarnished by the pathetic animation for human characters. Plus, 4K still is too much for current GPUs, even the GTX 1080 Ti.

2. Forkinator

Forkinator Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Classified
    Anyone know if they will release a demo for this game? I was disappointed in ME3 but so hyped for it at the time of release.

3. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    There is paid demo of sorts. How you missed it I do not understand.

4. kapo

kapo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    No. Not even close. I had a great time with the trial. The facial animations are noticeable but they don't take away from the experience for me. My only real gripe is a lack of a quicksave and no manual saving on priority missions.

5. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I don't think it's just the heads. Look at the length of the torso compared to the arms and legs. It all looks out of proportion.

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Well, I did say that too. Basically if the heads are too large the rest are too small.

7. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    God...the arms are too short. That guy would have to lean over to one side and hinge forward to touch his junk.

Ugh, that's super creepy.

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20
    Why are you thinking about his junk being touched :infinity:

9. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    Rip mass effect 2017

seems like drugs has "mass effects" on the devs

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 Suprim X
    holy ****, i can't unsee this lol

This game looks fantastic and deserved better facial animation at least. The environement is trully state of the art, it's stunning.

11. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Oh I know what you said, I don't think that I articulated my point properly due to the shock of seeing that horrendous image. I think that even if you ignore the head, the torso seems really large/long compared to the limbs. The head + neck seem like they've been poorly photoshopped from a totally different body. It looks absolutely awful from most angles.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  12. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    They shrunk in cryostasis!

600 years of that stuff on human body can alter your appearance and... oh my God... that's also probably why the facial animations are bad. Their face muscles are still numb.

That's it folks, you heard it here. It's gonna be the main twist of the game. One guy in the human Ark will look at himself in the mirror at the end and will give himself a jump scare, only to slowly approach the mirror again and exclaiming: "So THAT is why the Khet didn't like us!", then the credits will roll.

13. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    That's how I make my purchasing decisions these days. :banana:

14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 Suprim X
    All makes sense now lol

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4090 GOC
    I cant even launch the damn thing. The ME:A window opens but stays black and nothing else happens. Any suggestions?

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 ti 2075/7800
    Seen some hilarious gifs on Twitter. Been a while since I saw a game **** on this much on day 1.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Even the pewds did a video of it.... guessing there is going to be a ****on of trolling on it now.

I don't understand how the animation is like this, I mean... the previous games weren't like this.

18. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    The best way to figure out what went wrong is to look into the development teams from the initial trilogy and the new. I wont be specific, but.. well.

EA has done what EA does best to any studio it acquires.

19. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    We aren't the only ones wondering about it, most of gaming related forums I visit has this as the big talk. The best suggestion I've seen, is that they forgot to darken the eyes to make them look more natural, as it is now, they're incredibly white giving the impression of a mannequin doll.

[​IMG]

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4090 GOC
    All right, I solved it. Problem was CUE, damn program!

Anyway, played for about an hour and the feelings are mixed. The first thing I noticed are the horrid facial animations but then it got better and then worse again, it seems to change every 5 seconds, and some NPCs do it better than others. So far the weakest part of the game.

Graphics are pretty nice I must say and the textures sharp and crisp. Sound design is a bit too much on the high pitch but OK in general. Voice acting is...fine so far though a bit over-dramatic. Animations look decent enough so far and I've not encountered any bugs as of yet.

Gameplay, well the UI is perhaps a tad clunky but works OK but gunfighting and such is also fine. I guess I need a bit more time with it to know for sure if it's worth buying or not. So far it's leaning towards buying it on sale.

Performance wise it's better than I thought. The FPS varies a lot but minimum so far has only been about 70fps at 1440p Ultra settings (Auto) which is good since G-sync kicks in and does it's part making the game fluid. What's weird is the micro stuttering I get from time to time. Not too bothersome but something is going on. I remember someone talking about very high temperatures and this isn't exactly the case here, though I noticed a few degrees more than usual (71-72C while playing ME:A opposed to 68-69C in other games). Could of course simply be a higher ambient temperature in the livingroom.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017