Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Why is it so tough to have games with good character creators? I mean BioWare have always struggled with that, but they're not the only ones. I cannot count the number of MMORPGs (and many other games, not just MMOs) that also had a completely laughable creator (in their case might as well just give us preset characters and call it a night, why bother with 6 hairstyles and 4 skin tones?).

The only good creators I've seen recently enough are for Blade & Soul, Black Desert (that one is plain crazy), Champions Online and maybe Skyrim with a crap load of character creator mods. That's about it. The one thing that BioWare specifically has always been unable to achieve for some reason are hairstyles. Not only are they UGLY AF, but there's something like 12 of them (I'm making this up with the number but the variety is horrendous).

Even Inquisition's creator was bad, and that one was on the so-called advanced Frostbite engine too. So it's not an engine thing, it's probably just the devs who can't possibly give a damn. They're so used to their 'default' faces internally that they don't think making a custom character makes much of a difference, or makes any sense to them. They're probably going like "Why the **** would they want something else than these pretty default faces anyway?!".

Good thing I'm primarily buying Andromeda for the multiplayer.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I hate creating a character, so it's something I rush through anyway and would prefer wasn't even an option.

Thought I didn't have the storage space for this, then noticed I hadn't cleaned up the previous W10 install so now I do :)

Hoping it's at least semi decent, ME games are the only RPGs I like so im incredibly limited in choice when it comes to alternatives.

Some of the videos are damning though, disjointed is definitely an accurate description of what i heard, and reminded me of this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjbNvS1LYD8

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I used the default Shepard in the original trilogy. But, he looked decent. Like a real person.
    But... Ryder.... looks terrible. Yet, the character creator is awful, so... it's either their horrible character "based off a real actor"... or some clay looking thing you try and make.

Fallout 4's character creator is WAY better then this.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    This game totally melts my gpu. If I run it on custom settings at 1440p with power limit priority in MSIA it'll ramp up to 90C. If I put it to 70C temp priority, it barely allows for the gpu to run 1000mhz on the core. Insane.

EDIT: Reseated the cooler, changed thermal paste to Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut while at it. The max gpu temp is now 76C in game. I think one of the screws holding down the cooler was lose. Tried BDO too and I used to hit over 70C there too, nearly 80C recently. Now it peaked at 65C. Glad I checked this out and fixed it.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Well, the real dude for Shepard was a famous male model lol, better look decent! At least he looked like a man, this new cast look like children. And facial hair on baby face won't change any of that.

6. Producer's reaction to the facial animations ****storm they are getting is worryingly calm...

"We appreciate the critiques (and memes!), but I am very happy to see how much y'all like the game after 10 hours…and…it gets even better

— Michael Gamble (@GambleMike) March 16, 2017"

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

Basically.

8. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    We've come a long way in 10 years, so glad we habve the 1080Ti to push this out
    [​IMG]
    Its the ME DLC team that made this game, god love them, they did try.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The game is stunning in places. Top notch for that. The facial animations are overdone in places but I'll get used to that. Now to play on and see what the game is like.

10. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    I think you are love the game to much to be independent.
    Allot more is possible, Far Cry 4 was made in 2014 (omg) and Wolfenstein (2015) I'm still waiting for the time when the images that we see is what we actually get, my pc can run it that way so why is it never delivered with the insane polished graphics

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    How's the soundtrack?

If anyone's still being optimistic about animations and patches,

[​IMG]

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I was going to say. Zotac's AMP series has some beefy heatsinks so there's no way in hell it should be hitting anywhere near 90C.

13. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Jesus Christ Almighty.

There's people somewhere at BioWare who got paid to do those animations. And they supposedly worked on that game since 2012.

14. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I just watched a youtube video where the guy was playing at 4k with a gtx1080 on ultrw and was getting 25 frames average, then he changed the global setting to high and he was getting 70 frames average....

Is AO and AA responsible for this in the global setting or is there some just of nvidia bloatware DOF hidden in the globak setting that would cause that kind of terrible performance?

Also I very happily surprised to read that Andromeda Supports HDR for 4k tvs and monitors with hdr ( if there are any )

15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I haven't downloaded the preview thing, but watching the YouTube clips, I can see that the game is really gorgeous looking. This is perhaps the most beautiful Frostbite 3 game released thus far, and employs some sophisticated graphics.

What separates ME:A from say Battlefield 1 is that ME:A is primarily a single player game so Bioware was able to fully untap the engine in many respects, whereas with the BF series, DICE always had to be conservative as those games were primarily multiplayer focused.

I mean, this is the first Frostbite 3 game I've ever seen that had a dynamic skybox. Every single Frostbite 3 game I've seen till now always had a static skybox which looked very pretty, but didn't move. Also looking at the trailers, many of the lighting effects from weapons and biotic powers are dynamic and affect the environment.

Which makes it all the shame that the game's fantastic presentation is ruined by the terrible animations, and facial expressions of the PC and human NPCs.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    So sad this game is the joke. I miss the originals, we got awesome stuff like this.

[​IMG]

18. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    While some of the animations are pretty weird or just bad, I have a bigger issue with some of the dialogue which seems really badly written, almost saturday morning cartoon level stuff and in many cases it seems really disjointed and just bolted on 1 sequence after another rather than a fluid conversation. Perhaps I've been spoiled by Witcher 3.

Looking forward to some early reviews on this and general impressions but atm I think I might wait a bit on this which is a shame as my week off starts on this games release day and I was looking for something to dig into.

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It is **** but right now we can only make fun of "my face is tired :(" but there's so much material with animations :p

Oh and that Krogan's voice. People keep saying that it is female but it only triggers my gaydar.

I'm not even going to compare games with W3. That thing was unique. I doubt even Cyberpunk's going to measure up.

20. CDPR has never released a bad game, they are the new BioWare for me. I would be seriously surprised if Cyberpunk was any different. Even W1 is still in many ways the best RPG ever, where W3 is the best game overall (except of the ending of main story, which was just plain stupid).