Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Feb 21, 2009.

1. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

You will be able to use your save file from the original Mass Effect. Your character alignment should play some role in how the story comes out as well as who lived and died.. etc.

Release Date: Q4 2009 - Q1 2010

New trailer & website :)

Official Site

Teaser trailer

2. PHJF

PHJF Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    is this the one that doesnt suck

3. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Mass effect was amazing, epic, and awesome, can't wait for number 2! :banana:

4. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980Ti
    Can't wait to get my hands on mass 2. Since we know it's out there the wait will be very long for most of us.:cry:

5. SickBoy254698

SickBoy254698 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 780 OC
    I absolutely love Mass Effect. I beat it 3 times when I still had my CrapBox 360 and I've beaten it twice on PC. It is one of the best games released in the last few years. Not only that BioWare support takes an active role in there support forums and legitimately tries to help. Unlike some other developers lately. (*Cough* Rockstar *Cough*) Anywho I can't wait for this. It will definitely be worth buying.

DAMN THE TEASER TRAILER!! I feel like a crack head who just took one hit and then found out he has to wait a year before there will be any more crack available.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  6. PHJF

PHJF Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    It was a bad RPG and a *horrible* shooter. What's not to love? Dragon Age had better be the best thing since sliced bread.

7. SickBoy254698

SickBoy254698 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 780 OC
    Listen Druid Master... RPG's don't all have to be about Wizards, Elves, and Dragons. Mass Effect is a great game despite the lack of hobbits, dwarves, and ogres. Fortunately for you I hear there about to release a new Littlest Pet Shop game for the DS. Please let us know how it is.

8. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    plz elaborate

9. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Cool. Thanks for the heads-up, morbias. About time to start playing the first one, I guess. :D

10. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Damn i was gonna post this now LOL

11. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    This is one game that i pirated and loved and never got around to buying a legit copy and totally get left out of the DLC cause no one cracked it
    still pissed and still can not afford it lol

12. PHJF

PHJF Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    Okay, elaboration:

It was an OK game... until leaving Citadel. At which point RPG goes out the window short of the usual, trademark BioWare dialog which consists of, "I'm going to rip out your ****ing spine" or "I'm in love with you and I want you inside me." Woohoo, how open ended.

And once you leave Citadel you can follow the (incredibly brief) main quest whose story is composed of the most absolutely, unarguably base and derived science fiction conventions ever, or you can go explore countless, identical planets populated by identical buildings and drive your little moon buggy around endlessly searching for ****ing chunks of metal sticking out of the ground. What a blast.

And since as an RPG the game falls flat on its face, Mass Effect still had the chance to subsist as a quality shooter. Oh, sorry, BioWare doesn't know how to implement AI, so there that goes. They could have ditched the Halo bull and at least kept the tactical KotOR combat in tact, but they decided to cash in on the legions of retards that play Generic Console Shooter X. Whoopy.

And the icing on the cake, a PC version shipped a full seven months after the console's and strapped with the worst DRM available. Thanks, BioWare.

The most entertaining thing about Mass Effect was the codex. For all the crap the actual game consisted of, the codex was filled with the shining detail greater RPGs are comprised of.

13. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I personally loved Mass Effect. I probably beat it a total of 9 times, several on pc and several on X360.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i have played alot of rpg games, and love mass effect story was great, dialogue was great. compared to fallout 3 which people love it kicked its ass in all ways a rpg should.

only thing i hate is it wont run at all unless you use old drivers any more, last week they asked people to send them info to fix it tho but it took them a months to start work on a new patch so their support is lacking since they released the dlc for pc which broke the sound of the game for alot of people. now you used 170 something drivers or the game will black screen for some people others it will crash frequently.

curious of those of you that hated mass effect if you loved fallout 3.

15. PHJF

PHJF Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    Fallout 3 and Mass Effect are in the same hopeless boat.

16. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    :flip: :tool: :smack:

17. PuddingWagon

PuddingWagon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    I liked Mass Effect, somehow. I couldn't stand that all the bases/caves were exactly the same, or that it was ridiculously easy, or that you only unlock the hardest difficulties once you've already played it and have a good character (wtf), or that the cash limit was too low, or that looting was noobified or that...

Hopefully they spent longer on more original maps for the side quests this time. At least they did care enough about the port to redo the stupid inventory/squad/abilities menus the console version has.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Damn too long time..DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Anyway, i want Xbox360 version..may i? :p:p:p

EDIT:

SPOILER

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!!!:wanker:

19. Norvekh

Norvekh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Can't wait for it! Played through Mass Effect several times so far and still enjoy it.

20. CharlieSimon

CharlieSimon Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 970
    I kinda reacted to that as well, but then you ..kind of get the impression that the geth get its head blown off :)