MASS effect 2 gpu physx

Discussion in 'Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX' started by ati666, Feb 7, 2010.

1. ati666

ati666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    i just enabled physx>gpu by editing the coalesed.in file.

bDisableHardwarePhysx=false

the problem is the game gets stuck at the "press any button to start" screen.

does any one know how to solve this problem ?

2. NODO-GT

NODO-GT Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2070
    you can't edit coalesed.ini file just with notepad, game will crash...
    i don't think this will give any effect, this game doesn't have any Nvidia physX support

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    this is in ME1, if i enable that Red line i see more weapon effects and particles/debris on a character when i shot at him.. I didnt see this in ME2 though, well its not there in my documents ini file.

4. ati666

ati666 Master Guru

GPU:
    yes u can with a help of a software called mass effect 2 compiler.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/student/Desktop/Mass%20Effect%202%20Coalesced%20Compiler%20Readme.html

download: http://social.bioware.com/project/1856/#files
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=786bb3fc910ce57e111096d429abd36060ecca702523fdd138538f5672f1b9df

so now can any one help how to solve this problem of gpu physx working only uptill the press any button screen. do i have to rename some physxextension.dll files in the game folder to dllold or something?

5. ati666

ati666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Any one?

6. Cornelius

Cornelius Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 770 2GB
    Mass Effect 2 doesn't use hardware physx. That line is simply a carryover from the Unreal3 Engine, just like the PS3-specific options.

7. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    I noticed that my physx card are activated when I start mass effect 2. I doesn't change any info or data in any files. I think that the card are enable but doesn't receive any code from the game.

mirh likes this.
  8. PerfectLifeform

PerfectLifeform Member Guru

GPU:
    4Gb 680GTX SLi 1200 Mhz
    actually it does receive data and processes PhysX on it. Ageia re-wrote the driver and sdk right before the nvidia acquisition. It was the hope of Ageia to actually make the ppu decode all physX and not have to have the developers code their games twices for the ppu... once for software then go back in and recode again for hardware.. unfortunately while the move was a great one it came a little to late and is the main reason why more games and developers didn't adopt dedicated physX due to having code everything twice... but the upside now is the ppu decodes all physX data software and hardware but only support run-times 2.81... so exclusive mad nvidia content is usually developed on newer run-times purposely so the ppu cannot decode the data.. but a lot of games including new ones still are being developed on older run-times.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010