Marvel’s Spider-Man

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2017.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX 1070 iChill x4
  2. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    Saw it, reminds me in lots of ways how Beenox made spider-man games. Regardless of QTE and a somewhat scripted trailer, I'm looking forward to it... Bit shame it wont come to PC, but of all the PS4 games that could convince me to get a console, this might be it.

3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    In a behind-closed-doors hands-off preview of PS4's Spiderman, Insomniac community director James Stevenson confirmed to PlayStation Trophies that the game will be 'four to six times bigger' than Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac's last open world game) and will be the biggest game Insomniac has ever created.

Stevenson also confirmed that you'll be able to free roam around 'the whole of Manhattan' with a web-slinging mechanic that's based on momentum and physics - that trailer in the Sony presser is pretty indicative of how the game will handle: we saw the same section played through again, but this time the player wasn't as fluid in navigating the various obstacles, so it showed that you do have a good level of control over Spider-Man and the game isn't just an on-rails experience.

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW 2113/8996
    Looks good. I'm interested. The last Spiderman game that I played is The Amazing Spiderman on PS3.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX 1070 iChill x4
  6. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    I still cannot get over...before I say this...I understand development takes time. I get that. But from a business perspective and from so many previous examples, I cannot get over how this game is not out with the movie. And will not be out anywhere near the movie. The movie will hit bluray and digital release and this game STILL won't be out. There's many that would buy this off that hype and once that hype dies down, they won't if they aren't spider-man fans to begin with.

That being said, being a spider-man fan, I will buy this. BUT, I just can't get excited for it at all knowing it's at least a year away still based on the comments I've read by the dev. It's a Sept 2018 game. To put that into perspective, by the time this game comes out...the Iphone 8S will be released, the Patriots will have won another super bowl, God of War which has yet to release will be considered an old game and ps5 will have been announced for 2020 at e3.

7. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    You're kidding... September 2018? I only pre-ordered it a couple of days ago. I'm quite psyched for it.

8. DaRealGuru

DaRealGuru Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 4GB
    This game seems like a great step for the Spiderman franchise, picking up where Spiderman 2 left off.