Marijuana in Top 10 of State Produce!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Omeguz, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Omeguz

Omeguz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600 256 MB AGP
    Haha, looks like weed is in the top 10 agricultural commodities in Washington state!

From CNN.com: "Law enforcement officers harvested a dubious record last year -- enough marijuana plants to rank the illegal weed as Washington state's No. 8 agricultural commodity, edging out sweet cherries in value."

read the article here

Enjoy! :)

2. yttocs1966

yttocs1966 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVG 9800GTX
    It's the #1 "cash" crop in Kentucky, USA

3. -[HC]-AceCombat

-[HC]-AceCombat Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual Asus 8600GT silent in SLI
    I am a big consumer up here in Canada eh!!!!!

4. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    There's a lot of money in feeding off people's bordom and misery. Lawyers have known that for years.

5. Pr0v

Pr0v Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus A9600XT/TD
    haha marijuana all the way baby

6. treed

treed Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 560 TI 2GB
    I second that. :)

7. Robbie Man

Robbie Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512mb
    hey hey hey..... smoke weed every day

8. dismal

dismal Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6600GT AGP / 81.94
    Makes a good point on why it should be a LEGAL plant.

9. Omeguz

Omeguz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600 256 MB AGP
    Yea, seriously - tax it heavily, for all I care! Think about the money the state would make! It's rediculous not to legalise it if you consider this aspect, lol!

10. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 6800U @ Stock 425/1100
    I have to agree. I live here in Washington, and we get some of the sweetest herb around. A lot does come from Canada, but having several ex-farmer buddies, I must say it's everywhere here. I don't smoke it anymore, because of drug tests at work, but the second it's legal I'm all over it again :D I love the smell and taste of it lol. Even if it didn't get me high I'd smoke it like cigarettes.

Abe

11. VixenHeart

VixenHeart Guest

I'm 50/50 with the whole smoking weed... I guess if I was back in Canada and didn't really care what I was doing, I'd smoke it.

Right now I have too much to lose and nothing to gain from feeling lazy and stupid all day.

12. Pr0v

Pr0v Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus A9600XT/TD
    well, i should tell you this: (seeing im dutch and living in a nation where marijuana is legal)

i occasionally use marijuana (mostly once a week, sometimes twice a week) and i NEVER (well, did sometimes in the past :p) use it when i have to go to school or have to work or have homework to do or something like that. I also never use it alone. These days i use marijuana when chilling and hanging out with friends, or when (before) i go to a club or pub. the THC enhances the alcohol i consume, so i end up drinking less, and saving money haha :p

it's all about controlled use, imo

13. VixenHeart

VixenHeart Guest

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Do you work? Do you do martial arts? Do you have a good job that you can't get fired from?

Living where you do and living in America, two different places. If it's legal then it doesn't matter what you do, in America, if you get caught where I live, you can get into a lot of trouble.

14. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I have never spoked weed before, and don't plan on doing it, but I agree it should be legalized. If people smoke it responsibly it shouldn't be worse than drinking alcohol. Just because "some" people DUI doesn't mean all alcohol should be banned. Same case for weed. If people smoke it responsibly, maybe this world would be a "friendlier" place. lol. I guess the potheads might give weed a bad image, same as alcoholics..

Maybe have a age requirement on it. and yes, tax it heavily and Arnold will have saved California. :dave:

Have I presume incorrectly from previous post, that smoking weed in Canada & Dutch is legal? How many other countries? I didn't know it was legal in any country.

15. Omeguz

Omeguz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600 256 MB AGP
    It's "decriminalised" in Germany, where I live. Meaning you see (and smell) people walking down the street at 3 in the morning maybe smoking a joint, not openly, though. It's not legal, but not illegal.
    I live near Frankfurt, and there's a big pedestrian zone, where a bunch of different groups (punks, hippies, etc.) live. So they sit there and pass a hash pipe around - at 2 in the afternoon, though. Police comes up, tells them to move along.
    I don't smoke, so I wouldn't know, but I think up to 5 grams for personal consumption is legal here.

Pr0v:
    Theoreticlally, if someone visits holland smokes up, but then gets drug tested, they can't get into trouble, can they? Because where they smoked, it was legal? Would you know the answer to that? I was just wondering - an interesting legal conflict.

16. Omeguz

Omeguz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600 256 MB AGP
    Sorry for the DP!

I know its: Legal in The Netherlands (which you call "Dutch"). It's decriminalised (tolerated) in Germany, where I live, and I believe the same goes for Canada. Many other European countries take a similar stance as Germany does.

17. VixenHeart

VixenHeart Guest

Here's another good example.

How many times have you heard that "Joe" goes out with his boys, drinks, comes home and beats his wife/girlfriend.

A lot!

How many times have you heard that "Joe" goes out with his boys, smokes some weed, comes home and does anything.

A lot!

Meaning. Most of the time when someone smokes and then returns back to their place, they are usually chilled out, relaxed and peaceful. I'm not saying that all people who drink are abusive, but a lot more are then we want to say.

So I wouldn't mind seeing something like I say over on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada.

I don't know if it was legal or what, but no one really seemed to mind if you were smoking it on the island. Good place, good people, good everything.

18. VixenHeart

VixenHeart Guest

If someone goes to Holland and smokes weed, then comes back to America, takes a piss test for whatever reason, could they get into trouble?

Yes.

The person who went to Holland knows what it does to their urin, so that makes them 100% responsible for their actions back in their mother country.

If you had to take a piss test for doing something wrong and you were put on probation... you would get into trouble. They wouldn't care if Jesus himself give you the joint.

19. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super

Yep.

That would be like saying, "you can't arrest me for shooting that person, I was in Europe at the time"....

20. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Well, numerous studies have shown that smoking weed increases your risk for mental disorders such as schizophrenia. I think there is some truth to it because a good childhood friend of mine smoked weed as a teen....now he is schizophrenic and heavily medicated to keep his condition under contrel. Of course, he did other drugs too, but weed was his main drug of choice. Sad to see him go to waste like that :(