Margaret Thatcher RIP

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by NomadAssassin, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russ1

russ1 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 Hurricane

She won three general elections back to back. You can't do that on upper class votes alone.

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Reagan was a strong leader that helped bring us out of a recession, made us strong militarily and didnt take any shyt from the commies. yes he was a total wanker:3eyes:

3. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    To be fair, it's miserable work that meaningfully shortens the lives of those doing it, along with making the lives they do live of lesser quality.

I have no problem with them demanding a lot of compensation for that.
    And I mean A LOT.

Besides, in a free market, they should be able to set a price for which they sell their labor, and the companies can choose if they want to purchase that labor, or look for another source of that labor (hiring replacement workers).

-schehrazade

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    She will be remembered for squashing football hooliganism and retaking god forsaken Pacific rock. It;s that Pacific rock that got her re-elected.

Her legacy is equal to that of Ronald Reagan - financial deregulation, crushing unions and making the poor poorer.
    She made London the world capital of financial crime and terrorism.

EDIT: LOL@Pacific. I meant that other... ocean :p

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Bashing a leader and bashing a countries people are two different things.You never ever hear me criticise the US about the politics ever.
    I dont live there so what would i know?I know some people do who dont live there.

The only thing i say about the USA is that everything is much cheaper than over here and it is the truth, nothing wrong with that.

Also wasnt Reagan a Cowboy?

6. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    cheaper!?!?... I was in Manhattan and the prices of everything is waaaaaaay more than over here!!!!

except on Canal Street......

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    First of all your in Scotland and not in England so your prices may be different.

So my 690 at the time of release cost me $1400 yet people in the USA were buying for $1000.

Hardware is more expensive in the USA end of.

Titan is $1000
    Uk price £900 converted to US dollar $1378.98

So its more expensive in the USA? How you figure that one out?

Ive also been to America myself in 2008 Disneyland for 3 weeks, Nasa etc.

Im aware of the prices and its cheaper in the USA.

8. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    LMAO...... I'm English and Scotland is just the same as England, just a different accent its still GBP and part of the UK.....

I wasn't speaking for the entire USA, I know a lot of things are cheaper, just saying the things i was buying in Manhattan were more expensive than here...

wow.... you're really passionate about this bro!! :D

9. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Not much i can say here, i was only little when she was in power. plus i loved in another country :) I cant say ive heard anything good about her from people.

But at the end of a day, she was a human being. RIP.

@Veteran

George W Bush is one funny character, the guy should have become a comedian! President isnt his role lol

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Everything is expensive in New York it is the highest cost of living state besides California in the US (both run by libs go figure) if you had visited say Florida or Texas you would see what Veteran was talking about.

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Ding Dong the witch is dead
    Which ol' witch?
    The wicked witch.

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah well i never been to Scotland so i dont know the rates thats why i was unsure.

Im not Passionate about it im more pissed off that we get ripped off so much over here through Tax and Vat,( To house the immigrants on free handouts) Something that Thatcher contributed too.

13. daffy101

daffy101 Active Member

GPU:
    670GTX with TT 2 cooler
    The labour government before her spent billions that it borrowed there was rubbish piled high in the streets. A lot of people were working a three day week because of no money in the business. Anyone see a resemblance to what the labour government did this time they were in power? Oh and best of all The labour government before her bought in Child benefit which now costs us £11 Billion a year and is paid even if the family has a £50k income. She did what any intelligent person would do cut the unions power and reduced spending you want to blame someone for stealing your milk blame Labour for spending the money that could have bought milk for your grand children...

14. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5700 8GB
    [​IMG]

He's overrated, as is Maggie. USSR was crumbling from within.

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    English - Anglo

Scots - Celts

Different peoples altogether, quicker we get independence again the better./

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
  17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    couple of things. Prices in Scotland and England are not the same. Try living in Hampshire and look at property prices, council tax, eating out prices, drinking out prices etc. these every day expenses are a lot higher down here than anywhere above the midlands. And again, you can't be comparing Manhattan to somewhere in Scotland. Not a fair comparison. Overall, the cost of living is quite a bit lower in the US.

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    What a great reason to be independent.

19. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I wouldn't wish anyone dead, but I detested that woman. I also find the 8 million stirling state funeral she's getting to be absolutely disgusting. Her kids are sticking rich, more so now they've inherited her estate. A large portion of the UK despised her. So why on earth are the public footing the bill?

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    If you lived in the USA you would probably have a different opinion on Reagan, I really do not know about Thatcher which is why I refrained in making any comments at all about her, and who gives a rats ass if the USSR was crumbling within?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.