Margaret Thatcher RIP

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by NomadAssassin, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    No I do not. Don't get what's the relation to my post too.

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Lol I was being sarcastic.

Btw the name Iron Lady didn't come from Russia it was given to her by the Brits......

3. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Being sarcastic ?

All I can find is that it was gives to her by Soviet newspaper.

4. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    Same here, I never expected such comments as I've read here today,

RIP

5. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Couldnt stand the woman as prime minister, wont say more than that other than shes a person at the end of the day so RIP.

6. doodle333

doodle333 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7870 2Gb
    I,me sick of how people are celebrating it

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    This is getting BAD in here. Can't we just say our dues and move on she has passed why drag her name through mud, your BBC has done a good job of that already over the years. this thread is bordering on the WAR topic already I smell a lock coming.

8. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

This^.......Canada is always First...IMHO.....

9. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Yes, that is against the Christianity and they shall burn in hell for sure. God forbids such things. It's almost as bad as taking life actually. People that believe in Gods and magic and **** should know this better than me. Shame on you all!

10. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    I believe in members expressing their appreciation for the departed, but this was suspect from the OP.

11. russ1

russ1 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 Hurricane
    I was 21 when she became P.M. What a lot of you people don't realize is that the miners held the country to ransom every winter for more money resulting in power shortages to schools hospitals, factories. Also 3 working day weeks. Then there was the refuge collectors strikes with rubbish piling up in the streets. The unions had far to much power.

The demise of the miners and pits was not just Thatcher's doing straw head Scargill was just has much to blame, has he wanted to bring the government down but thankfully failed.

R.I.P Iron lady you had mores balls than any other P.M and cabinet.

12. doodle333

doodle333 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7870 2Gb
    she was a human being just like the rest of us.and when she was in power do you really think all the decisions were made solely by her no don't think so.

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
  14. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    RIP to a great lady and great leader...the posts before have their opinion and I have mine. Like all politicians she of course made mistakes but again IMO she did far more good than bad.

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I could say the same about George W. Bush what a great man and great leader he was, which is my opinion but it Doesnt mean that im right.

I also wouldnt say that because i dont live in the USA so i dont know what goes on politically and whatever does go on does not affect me.

16. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I am really surprised by some of the comments I have read I suppose it is the society we live in people believe they can say what they want and how they want to say it. Only today a comment someone made on twitter when they were 14 has come back to haunt them. I say she did some good things and some bad things all she wanted was the best for Britain the problem is we all have are own idea of what's best and how to achieve it ...................................................RIP Margaret Thatcher

17. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Agree with this. RIP Maggie.

18. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    You're joking right? People on here throw their opinions on politics in the USA that don't live here all the time. And Thatcher did affect us in the USA in a very positive way. But if the new rule is people can't talk(bash) about other countries that'd be fine with me.

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    HAHA Thatcher was "best buds" with Reagan and he was a joke from what I've read about him.

Thatcher was and is the worst prime minister we have ever had.

Closed the mines and put thousands out of work, she actually lied and said she was going to close only a few but then closed them all which is why many people who thought they had a safe job were betrayed. Yes Scargil was to blame for a lot of it and yes the unions did have too much power. But the national coalboard that ran the mines also owned a lot of the houses as well where the workers lived. My parents BOTH lost their jobs, and their homes and were forced out to live with my grand parents in a two bed roomed house with three children (my self included). She simply did not care.

She also brought about the Poll Tax, which deliberately went after the poor and made the rich, richer. Which has always been the tory way (tory is the conservative party for those dont know). Run by toffy nosed rich kids who have been spooned fed every slither of life to them. Thatcher was a from a working middle class family and that is why people thought it was great to vote her in, and the fact that she was a she had a massive part in it too. American have to admit that Obama got a lot of the votes from black people because he was black, not all of them obviously but it helped (not sure how much good he has actually done so I wont comment).

Thatcher also bullied a lot of her cabinet party member too, often crying and using tears to get her own way as she was surrounded by men and used her sex to get what she wanted which is totally wrong and if a man did that it would be classed as sexual harassment.

Also, the put the nail into the coffin (no pun intended) her own party members turned on her and voted her out of office!! If your own people do not trust you then there really is no point!!

She also opened the flood gates to immigrants as well, and made it much easier for people to come here and scrounge of the government.

She also opened up factories and kicked started the boom in car manufacturers in the U.K and created jobs for people... FOR MIDDLE and UPPER CLASS people. Not the lower working class, and people living in more or less poverty.

The only thing she did good was finally allow an easy way for council house tenants a way to buy their own home and effectively kick start the house price boom and we all know where that has ended.

20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Depends on where and what you read about Reagan. Lets see He helped bring down the Berlin wall without using military force (just the threat of it). Brought the American economy back from the brink of collapse after Jimmy Carter. During his two terms as president saw the largest peace time growth in the economy in history. Flattend out and simplified the tax code. It was not all sunshine and lollipops though the deficit spending trend of congress started under his watch as well. It's all in perspective and its kinda easy if you believe peace is having the bigger gun (not using it that's a key part) then you tend to like Margret and Reagan. If you think that the Unions are out dated and antiquated and do more harm than good you will like Margret and Reagan. It all boils down to ideology, and I'll just leave it at that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.