Manually refreshing MSI Afterburner GUI without restarting the app ?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by EpsilonsQc, Sep 26, 2021.

1. EpsilonsQc

EpsilonsQc Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Dear unwinder,

Like the title say, is it possible to manually refresh the MSI Afterburner GUI without restarting the app ?

I tried both "F5" and "CTRL+R" with no luck so far.

I'm asking this because when I apply custom changes in AMD Radeon Software "Performance" / "Tuning" tab, the changes are not reflected in MSI Afterburner GUI unless i restart the app (close and start the app again).

I'm talking about Core voltage (mV), Power Limit (%), Core clock (MHz), Memory Clock (MHz)

And if I hit the "Reset" button on the MSI AB GUI, my custom tunings are instantly wiped (expected).

So, my question is : does any "power-users" hotkey, tricks, etc. exist to refresh the MSI AB GUI without resorting to restarting the app ?

Thanks for your time,
    Regards.

2. EpsilonsQc

EpsilonsQc Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    The lack of answers is astonishing. I guess that mean "no, not possible"...

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Unwinder would have to intentionally go about adding bidirectional synchronicity for this to work, and its not actually as simple a task as you would imagine.

EpsilonsQc likes this.
  4. EpsilonsQc

EpsilonsQc Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Thanks for the heads up. AFAIK, nothing is simple when it come to programming a complexe piece of software like MSI AB.
    Atleast, now I know it's not currently supported by the software, so i'll have to continue "restarting" the app manually.