Mantle in January?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ASLayerAODsk, Jan 23, 2014.

?

Will we see Mantle in January?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2014.
  1. Yes

56 vote(s)
    29.5%
  2. No

105 vote(s)
    55.3%
  3. Who's Mantle, and does she have a sister?

29 vote(s)
    15.3%
  1. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    the starswarm demo has not been released yet. It will be on steam when they do.

Again, there is nothing to use mantle right now, so there is no point in releasing it.

2. flashmozzg

flashmozzg Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB @ 947/1250
    Because there is no mantle games right now to release this driver. I'm sure they still polish/add features to it while they have time but they can release it as soon as BF4 update/oxide engine demo comes out.

3. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Hmm I voted for yes, but I think maybe/maybe not.

It really depends on it, but I think I've also read somewhere that it will come in February.

(I don't have the link to the source, but could always be that I am wrong.)

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    The Rumor right now is 13.35(Cat 14.1) next week, BF4 patch in February.

So technically we wont "see" it till February.

lol

5. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    Expected it, at least we will see Mantle's power in the Starswarm Demo.

6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    just heard yet another new rumor the bf4 patch will drop on the 31st...

grain....salt....

7. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    cat 14.1 and bf4 mantle patch, now that'll be very interesting, all the best guys. :)

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    what's wrong with you? you're too nice.

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    You know what'll happen, AMD will release the 14.1s next week, but Dice won't get the BF4 Mantle patch out till Feb, so everyone will be ripping into AMD for releasing Mantle, when it can't be used yet, so cue everyone, f u AMD, why the **** did you release it, when we can't use it with owt etc....., can see it now. :D

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i'm eager to see it out in the open, it's supposedly gonna be used in many upcoming games so it's quite an undertaking, could bring change. and they made a fuss about the 14.1s.

11. JulesCools

JulesCools Guest

GPU:
    Titan Black SLI
    Mantle is out!!!

12. JulesCools

JulesCools Guest

GPU:
    Titan Black SLI
  13. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    dont want to stir the pot as it were but surely mantle is a collaboration...meaning it could be a combination of reasons.

i.e Dice cant get it to perform right and Amd dont want them to go ahead with something that wont be any good.

either way it's in both companies interest to get it out sooner than later I would have thought...or perhaps Dice arent that bothered.

with no official comment from either (unless am mistaken) anything is possible. where's the actual proof that it's all Dice's end...?

just my take on it. let's hope it's good! after all AMD doing well I think is good for all of us enthusiasts. Am pretty much set on Maxwell now but i'd love some increased competition from AMD.

so for reduced prices and for thos AMD/Mantle/Bf4 fans like our very own desgaizu we all want it 2 succeed. :)

(i'd rather not pay £600 or so for a Maxwell gpu...but i do need a gpu upgrade, e.g few games am struggling).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  14. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    the making of mantle might be a collaboration, but mantle is done.

all thats left is for DICE to release their promised patch, that makes BF4 uses mantle, the reason why BF4 isn't launched with mantle is because 290 and 290x is not ready yet and AMD want to launch it with free BF4.

well from what i read everywhere BF4 is a mess, no wonder DICE is not ready, but technically DICE could patch it to use mantle then fix BF4 bugs later, but DICE is the one that decided to fix the bugs first, mantle patch is delayed because of their decision.

like Rich said, AMD could have released mantle without waiting for DICE, but it will be useless, since nothing uses it yet.

Edit : besides knowing Nvidia, they wont even consider it as a threat, since only a few games confirmed that they gonna uses it, so they might release maxwell high ends with prices above 780ti.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  15. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    LOL. At least something would come out... Ok nine months later, but even though.

16. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Guest

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    I just spoke to my uncle who has a friend that knows somebody who works in Dice. Word is Mantle & BF4 huge patch Jan31/2014. In time for the weekend!

17. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    DICE always patches Battlefield games on Tuesdays (As well as scheduled maintenaces).

So if it's going to happen this month, I'd expect it to be this coming Tuesday, 28th.

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Microsoft always patches on the 2nd tuesday of every month.

Doesnt mean they dont do OOB (Out of Band) patches..

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  19. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    The friend of my friend of my friend, that friends sister their boyfriend and that boyfriend's grandma is working at AMD and she tells me that AMD is going to release the drivers on 27th Monday.

20. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    You don't release a new api on a Friday knowing no ones going to be a work the next 2 days, hence the reason 90 of dice's patches hit on Tuesdays.