Maker Humvee vehicles Sues Activision for Call of Duty games

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 10, 2017.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I wouldn't say the majority of cases. Just the majority of cases we actually hear about. We hear more about patent infringement cases than we do trademark infringement.

Activision has been using the vehicle model in CoD for 14 years. That time frame may be enough to cost AM General the case in court, since they've already failed to defend their "trademark" for that 14 years. There is a limit as to how long a company has to bring suit for trademark infringement. AM General also has to prove that Activision's use of the model damaged their reputation or sales, which will be hard to do seeing as how the vehicle isn't sold to the general public and the military doesn't care about video games when choosing vehicles.

airbud7 likes this.
  2. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    They have to in the UK, kind of stops this kinda crap from happening.

airbud7 likes this.
  3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Unfortunately.....Filing lawsuits has replaced Baseball as the "national pastime" in the US....

BLEH! likes this.
  4. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I knew I should have patented the wheel a long time ago...Man!... I would be rich!..Grrrr

Hey!...I slipped off my porch in the snow and twisted my ankle...Can I sue myself?

5. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    the world has gone sue crazy - for gain in anyway they can, so sad. The lawyers, solicitors in all aspects of suing are there to rub their greedy hands together :cool:

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You live in the US.....so, more than likely, yes.

airbud7 likes this.