1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail programs who uses them?

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by tsunami231, Nov 8, 2018.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I been using Thunderbird for years to manage all my AIM,Google,Outlook emails in imap and never once had issue till last few months where IMAP accounts using MBOX ( defualts) for storage stopped empty trash on exit. at lest it has for me which is current 60.0.3.0 build

Seeing I was using the same TB profile for last 5+ years I remade the account, just find out MBOX is the issue, but MailDIR storage does. MailDir accounrd to beta is change log is the one with the issue delete trash

Any one else use TB, if so what you think of these days? if not what do you use?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX480 GTR 8GB
    Mainly Thunderbird for Windows boxes, for my *Nixes I use KMail or Geary.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I'm on Tbird too ... mine's a decade old profile. The main use is ISP hosted email (which almost entirely houses my work mail). I don't use that delete option though so I can't say. It works fine for me. I even installed a dark theme for it https://github.com/overdodactyl/ShadowBird

There's emclient and mailbird if you want alternatives but they're freemium iirc.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Im using thunderbird as well. got 5 accoutns which i need to keep track off. i never had a problem with thunderbird, i actually love it. it could use more extentions though since its rather poor :p

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    likes said I never had problem with TB in all this time, I fix the problem of imap trash folders not get empty on exit by just switching my accounts from Mbox to Maildir, I will test see Mbox is account are fixed with the next build released. till then it work it should be

I haven been toying with notation of just using gmail/aim/outlook web based , but I like seeing all my email in one spot, IF i could get my gmail account to pull my aim/outlook accounts emails too i would just use the webbased

I do think TB need GUI over haul its pretty much looks the same for over decade

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    I use Opera Mail Client.
    It's awesome, and the portability is just excelent.

8. warlord

warlord Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 390X (1140/1567)
    Thunderbird > All (PC)
    BlueMail > All (Android)

Whoever uses browser and such for email management is so infant.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    HAHAH that make my uncle one and he is 65ish and manged like 10+ of them :eek:

warlord likes this.
  10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7970m/970 Mini, KD55XD800
    i got outlook 2016 for like a tenner at work through an office 2016 deal

so it looks like the outlook client I use at work all day (outlook 2010)

seems to do the job

11. warlord

warlord Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 390X (1140/1567)
    He is a hero, admire him. I am 30, and I cannot cope with a ton of emails without a proper program, it tires me out! :p

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah I think he has like 10 gmail account alone, forget about aol account he has too. and here I sit with only 2 gmails and 1 aol and 1 outlook

Outlook isnt even used for anything, aol account it use for stupid stuff when I dont want people to have actual email 1 of gmail account isnt even used for anything other then randomly posting video youtube to be used proof of issue with something

I have yahoo account too but I have not log in to that in over 15 years, it was already spam to hell with kinds emails I didnt want before I stopped using it then few years about yahoo account all got hacked. I haven even bothered to try to log in to that , nor do i care too i didnt have any personal info in to begin with.

I do from time to time log in to gmail account on my web browser though. I recent tried to log into Outlook account with the web browser. and it asking to to confirm my account with cell number I never even attach to the account, it just has my gmail account attached to it for recovery and even when I do the security check for it threw that email it ask for cell number I never provided in first place. I anit giving my cell number to any email service and think anyone that does is bonkers I had to stop the loading of page to to to inbox so I could check some settings email checking works fine though in TB. I think I only made the outlook account to get the windows preview builds. which doubles as my xbox account when I dont even even own xbox, but I log into from time to time on windows 10 when I need to disable crap that should be enabled in first place cause MS think everyone has XBOX or even want that XBOX stuff on windows 10 .

13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Thunderbird here too. POP3 only.

14. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 (8GB) 144hz
    I'm using Thunderbird against my better judgement, but it's just so darn convenient.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Convenience is only reason i still use mail programs

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Decided to try Thunderbird again, so far....

[​IMG]

275GB eh?

Can't minimise to tray...

Emails in my INBOX with the header "Thunderbird thinks this message is spam"..... Well move it to the spam folder then you PoS :D

Pretty much the same experience I had with it years ago lol

17. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
    Thunderbird is still a thing? Haven't heard that name in like 10 years.

Personally, I use default mail app on my phone and work computer. Other than that, I have connected all my personal email addresses to one single google mail box.
    I have outlook client, but only because I use it to test emails, that thing is still 10 years behind on web technology and I need to sometimes show to clients why their new newsletter would not work like how they want it to work.