Mafia Trilogy (New Release)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jwb1, May 13, 2020.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
  2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    My age comments were more to do the fact to took me an hour to post 9 images....

Off to see if I can get the cloth physics working now, the game could do with a patch though.

Turanis likes this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    I'd imagine they will patch it.

"Hey we're remaking Mafia 1 and we are also re-releasing Mafia 2 and Mafia 3 on current-gen consoles and updating the PC version."
    And then it turns out to have all sorts of larger and smaller issues across PC and console (Seems a bit different depending on platform though.) and that's not going to look good for promoting Mafia 1 even if this was outsourced (At whatever budget and time frame.) and Mafia 1 is done by Deck 13 and they also did Mafia 3 and that didn't turn out too great even if patches smoothed out some of the issues.

2K would hopefully want to patch it to actually look a bit competent and get people to pre-order that first Mafia game other than the shiny promo screenshots being shiny. :p

EDIT: You can never really tell though, seems obvious to me to owe up to these issues and get it fixed and promote the new updates and how everything is fine now in time for the first game coming out in August but hey what do I know, some decisions never make much sense to us general consumers I suppose.

Yeah it costs a bit but it also shows the publisher has some actual interest and care.
    And if it's about money that could mean some sales improvements but then shiny graphics and explosive trailers could also sell stuff so I dunno. :D

Solfaur likes this.
  4. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Mafia 3; max settings / radeon image sharpening / custom contrast + saturation in radeon settings
    Skybox is fixed!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Thought they fixed the skybox a long time ago...

6. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    They ruined the color pacing in the remake in 2, also the reflection of ice on the roads are totally gone, in overal i still prefer the orginal over the remake, even if the remake got slightly sharper textures the atmosfere is just gone now. vito looks like a toy soldier in the first army fight level.

Solfaur likes this.
  7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Well got MFII DE on steam for free and on the Xbox MFIII was also upgraded to the DE version, even if you have the disc version, and i have to admit, it has been sitting there for well over a year but once i started playing it i started enjoying it, really enjoying all the 70s cars, plus the soundtrack, although the cut scenes do go on far too long. lol

8. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Mafia 3 has not got any new update. They simply renamed it and gave away the DLC.

cerebus23 and Solfaur like this.
  9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^I am not complaining, free dlc is free dlc. ;)

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    The year of Remasters continues... *facepalm*

G*addict and Archvile82 like this.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Oh no... a game released with a couple bugs! That must mean it's absolutely worthless...

The cars freaking out inside the garage, would happen in the original game.
    As for flickering props/textures, had that until I updated my graphics drivers. And the sky, that looks more like an issue for his PC then an issue in the game.

Turanis likes this.
  12. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    That flickering and else are from drivers.I did not found that things in Mafia II DE.
    Sometimes could be because our computers are too fast for older games & because of Windows 10.

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Just completed the story again, didn't run into car flipping nor skybox issues, did see the lightning issue with steam on the street 2-3 times only and the grass drawing weirdly once, nothing game breaking though.
    I think the DE looks overall better.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    You can fix the flickering steam from manholes by using "Fast" vsync through the NCP.

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

16. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    Turanis, Solfaur and Rich_Guy like this.
  17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Funny how PC has 60+ FPS for atleast 20 years.

Consoles will never catch up.

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    Steam has just decided to download a 59.7 GB patch for Mafia III definitive edition. :eek: woah

19. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Finished Mafia 3 last night. I'm glad I did as the story is great, the game has excellent characters with solid performances. The game (for me anyway) is still a technical trainwreck. Audio glitches, loss of focus in full screen, lip sync not playing during some conversations, key items not spawning/glitching, performance spikes, etc, etc. I'm guessing the issues that plagued the launch weren't addressed in the Definitive Edition. They added the DLC and packaged it up.

Then there's the whole mission structure; waaay too much busy work (which is ironic considering people were crying out for more side missions in the first 2 games). Busy work is fine, but when the missions are just a copy/paste structure, it results in repetitive gameplay.

However, the driving and combat are good (save for the temperamental cover system). Sounds like I had an awful time with the game, but I didn't. I loved it. It's not a patch on the first 2 games, I feel it needed another 6 months - 1 year development time.

The story and the characters kept me playing. Hoping Mafia 1 remake is treated with more care.

gerardfraser, ramthegamer and Solfaur like this.
  20. Drthrax2k16

Drthrax2k16 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 GAMINGX
    just delete the mafia 3 because bug acadia not resolved after 4 years, shame 2K