Mafia II Demo

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Aug 10, 2010.

1. wisitor

wisitor Master Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 713/1728/1000
    update helped a bit, gained a few more fps with physx on. its very playable now

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    i don't get more fps but the game it's much smoother now....

3. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    They updated the physx installer in the "3rd" folder.
    From
    PhysX_10.05.12_9.10.0512_SystemSoftware
    to
    PhysX_9.10.0513_SystemSoftware

4. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    No difference at all with both PhysX and game updates.

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    actually it runs much much better ingame then in benchmark,..

i've just played a bit and got avg 50-55fps sometimes small dips to mid 45s, lowest was 36fps in house while staring out of the window (one particular spot) otherwise same 50-60fps.
    Thats all maxed, apex high (Vito cloth), except medium shadows., lol not bad for single gpu and it ran smooth even in fire fights as here on pic :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    What a short demo, hardly finish the one mission which was kinda meh and I was in a hurry to get it out the way to see what more there is and it was over.

7. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Liked the demo but who's decision was it to put a damn stupid timer for exploration when most areas are restricted off. The only thing that kind of annoyed me was the lip sync. Words coming out doesn't seem to match the mouth animations. Other than that, I'm getting this game on launch day.

8. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Honestly the PhysX effects are so lame for such a high performance cost. Cryoastasis had a similar performance problem but at least the PhysX effects were top notch and the best I've seen.

Mafia II has to be the biggest letdown this year. Oh my god I still can't believe it...

9. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    this apparently gets rid of the timer( i havnt checked it yet, will in 5 mins :) )
    source - http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/mafia-2-time-limit-patch-/1106937

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I noticed that as well.
    I ran the benchmark (after the update, and deleting the Cloths folder) and it said my FPS were at 35.
    But with FRAPs running, in game it never dropped under 50. Pretty flawed benchmark.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Wonder how many people cancelled a pre-order, or decided not to buy this game based on the demo with the PhysX running poorly, and the benchmark giving far lower FPS than what you really get

Its great the PhysX issue has been lessened, but how many people just looked at the benchmark score and thought "feck this"

12. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I did without a doubt. I refuse to play this **** on my GTX 470s.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Your posts came to mind when i posted that.

I've been fairly ok with my results, but i have lower expectations obviously.

You tryed it in single GPU, with the second card as a PPU, not like the game is particularly hard to render for a single GTX470, it certainly isn't for my 460.

14. DgtlOutcst

DgtlOutcst Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 (55nm)
    Latest update broke the no timer patch.

I really don't see the point in having the timer if you are going to restrict the player to a small area anyway.

15. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Wow, I'm surprised at the performance complaints, especially from guys with SLI setups. This game runs flawlessly for me in-game, with no stutters or hitches, and my PhysX card is being used all the time - something I can't say for other PhysX enhanced titles (have seen up to 60% usage). This has to be the most seamless implementation of PhysX in any game.

I was interested in this game from a tech point of view, but having played it, I'm now sold. I'm impressed with the level of quality and detail - the game just feels very well made.

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Hell, the demo made me want the game.
    But I can't afford it right now, having already pre-ordered Kane and Lynch 2, Fallout: New Vegas and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

17. PhantomCracking

PhantomCracking Master Guru

GPU:
    7970 Ghz
    Still works fine..

Honestly though, did Mafia have Physx? ..No, so just set it to off and enjoy "The Game".

This is only a demo and already the judgment, because of some frivolous effects.

As for my POV, I'm enjoying it, exactly what I've expected and couldn't ask for it to run better.

18. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    hex edit works for me after the latest update

19. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    Fun demo. Similar to GTA imo. The camera is a bit icky but the models are just fantastic. And no major problems for me. I installed the latest Physx before the Steam update.

Max settings, no AA, no Physx
    [​IMG]

Max settings, AA, Medium Physx
    [​IMG]

20. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Same. I've played the demo for 8 hours. I can't @$$%ing wait, baby. The only one upset is Wanny because the physx effects aren't amazing like they were in only one game that I can ever recall; plus performance is lowish on high physx.

*Walks away humming the song from boom boom trailer*

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010