Mafia II Demo

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    The main platform for devs of Mafia 2 is PC, and consoles at this time get port from PC version :D

2. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I found out that city buses appear only when trying to take Henry to the doctor. You can pull the driver off the bus but you can't get into the bus when Henry and Joe are in the car.

3. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    They are around for the entire demo, you likely just missed em.

4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    at least for this game the PC wins:D and we don't get crappy PC port from consoles

5. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Ive been testing the physX out abit and noticed i got a decent gain from overclocking my physX GPU, anyone else tried this??

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
  7. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I don't think they put more effort in to the PC version, the consoles are simply to weak for this game. :p

8. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I noticed the PC fan boys have come out in force, yet another thread.

9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Hey Copey, let us celebrate not getting ****ed over by console ports this once ;)

10. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Im as happy as the next person for getting a good PC version, but it seems that most people on here just bash consoles constantly, nothing to do with the fact that they have some amazing games but just for the sake of it, shame really.

Yeah so the PC version is far superior, id expect it to be considering it was lead platform, all i say is i know which platform ive had the most fun on this year ;)

Looking forward to flexing some physX in Mafia, one of the PC games this year that i really enjoyed the demo of, sometimes demo's give a bad impression of games but this is defo on my buying list.

11. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    I'll drink to that.:cheers:

12. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I still can't find the city buses after leaving the house and just driving the car around. I use the m2dev.exe file instead of the Mafia2.exe file.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Some of you are more gullible that i thought, we didn't get a port that was any better than every other multi-platform game, probably abit worse,.

They just fecked up the console versions even more than the PC one, the end result is a game which although artistically stunning, is technically pretty poor.

I love this game, but when a DX9 game with low res textures and no proper AA appears, the last thing people should be doing is celebrating and saying cheers for supporting the PC, especially when the only feature that is missing from the console versions is only available to around half of PC users.

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    You do have a point there. There is no way I thought this game was a PC first console second title. It oozes console, like you said no true AA support, poor draw distances, motion blur effects, and some pretty plain and low res textures. The only true thing this game has to do with PC is PhysX, which not a lot of people can run on their system. I can max this game out at 1920x1080 I just wish the game would come with a built in frame limiter to limit it to 30fps. Believe me the game would run so much better. But then again people would scream console port.

Not yet found a program that will override refresh rates to 30fps.