Mafia 3 is free to play on Steam until May 7th

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 1, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    If you have some "time to kill", 2K Games has announced that Mafia 3 is free to play on Steam, perhaps that is an offer you can't refuse. From today and until May 7th, PC gamers can down...

Mafia 3 is free to play on Steam until May 7th

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    I have been on the fence of buying this game for a while, can't refuse what's free to take !

3. Merlena

Merlena Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER 8G
    What is up with the negativity, man? The game is pretty cool and unique if you ask me. Not every game you get to experience that 60's atmosphere while driving muscle cars, and listening to CCR or The Rolling Stones.
    None here cares if it is unoptimized or whatever you call it (and thankfully you have PCGW to help you with those issues). Also the game has is from 2016, relax.

RaulR likes this.
  4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    You must be new here. Welcome!

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Well let me put your mind at rest, i bought the deluxe verion of this in 2018 and have not played it yet, nice green box though with a nice embosed see through slip cover.........hope that helps. :p

6. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT73VRE TITAN
    Is it free to keep forever ?

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Wonder if there's any truths to the remaster rumors for this series, would be a neat way to drive up initial interest. :)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...a_definitive_edition_leaks_main_menu_mafia_4/

I liked the story in Mafia 3 but the padding around it for capturing each and every district whether quickly or by bugging every single telephone box for a little bit more money really hindered things, DLC were really fun too exploring some alternate situations and more character development.

Think the mirror reflections are bugged or at least heavily delayed even on PC although the updates helped with performance and stability was a bit hit & miss.

EDIT: Ran through most of the game using this outfit as well.

[​IMG]

Ruining the mood the game was going for aside and instead turning it into something resembling Interstate 76's character design the shooting was also really good although the AI....suck.

[​IMG]

Crouch, whistle, takedown.

Shooting also works while having really nice reaction from enemies even if they're dumb but it gets ridiculous how well that particular method can clear entire areas without any problems what so ever.

Can also use a telephone kiosk, they can hold a infinite number of bodies for storage and that gets just as dumb as it sounds but it also works incredibly well for hiding bodies.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    Solfaur likes this.
  8. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    I really liked Mafia and Mafia 2, but Mafia 3 is very repetitive.

ITGuru likes this.
  9. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 Ulata
    Free is free, going to check it out. Looking through the reviews, now I know why Mafia 3 is cheaper than Mafia 2.

10. Venix

Venix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    Mafia 1 was the best by faaaar mafia 2 was ok ....3 ...well for me at least free for limited time is still expensive since i can not rise my head off bannelord :p

11. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080 Strix OC
    Mafia 1 was a game with "soul" - everything was fantastic in that game: atmosphere, gameplay, graphics, car mechanics. Mafia 2 was a warning sign about the direction where the series is going and Mafia 3 was where everything went from bad to severely f***ed up...Every year during holidays I replay Mafia 1 including the free ride extreme challenges...I would like a remaster of this please. Mafia 3 except for the introduction up until the bar scene is boring, repetitive and for some parts has uglier graphics than mafia 2...- it has some of the best sound effects though and the music is just great...

ITGuru likes this.
  12. Merlena

Merlena Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER 8G
    Now you are just being cute! :p Mafia III is exactly what you say; unoptimized garbage, but still so artistically unique. :)

RaulR and ITGuru like this.
  13. RaulR

RaulR Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT AE
    Yeah the game ran pretty badly on my old RX 480, but i bought the game on my Xbox One X, and i gotta say it was pretty good. It does feel repetitive sometimes, but overall the story, the graphics (4k on XboxOneX), the atmosphere and the general feel of the game is spot on. Can't wait for the sequel. I also recommend getting the Deluxe version because of the extra story missions, and some other goodies.

Merlena likes this.