Mafia 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by GT40Nutcase, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Damnnn... the game looks so awesome on those screenshots I guess it's time for me to get new rig:p

2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    this is going to be a really amazing game. does anyone know what era it takes place in? I'm guessing 50's or 60's?

3. PuddingWagon

PuddingWagon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    New trailer here. Just in case you missed it, the spring means the northern hemisphere's autumn/fall.

Era would be mid/late 50's (going by the music).

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    OMG, that looks too good to be true! The graphics look real, there's no other way of describing it, the city looks real, it's completely alive... Acting is great, atmosphere and music fantastic. God, I never even dreamt it could be this good... Can't wait, easily my most wanted for 2009!

Next to this trailer, GTA4 looks like a joke...

5. smull

smull Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    No doubt. Mafia 1 made GTA3 look like a joke, i see the same thing happening again.

6. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    Awesome trailer, this game will be a kickass ;)

7. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Whoa! That looks amazing! Looks like they've captured the spirit of the times perfectly, like they with the first game. The music, the cars and the atmosphere was always fantastic. This just made its way to my top 3 list for this year.

8. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    Mafia surely won the hearts of many gamers and without a doubt its one of the best games ever built with a great storyline and graphics. Mafia 2 wont be as great as mafia for sure but who knows, bring it on 2k.

9. Adam^

Adam^ Member

GPU:
    Asus 4850
    GTA was good, shame it needs skynet to run it. Hopefully this wont run like s**t.

10. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    How do you know that Mafia II will not be as good or better than the first one? The game isn't even out yet and no detailed previews either except trailers with no real gameplay footage. You know that the same team that developed the first game is working on the sequel? As long the same team is on this project, there is a high chance that Mafia II will be better than the first one. I'm not saying anything yet about this game until I see some in-depth previews, gameplay footages and may be a demo.

11. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    Game looks outstanding, i love the fact you have to fill the car with fuel it sounds lame but ive been wanting that in a gta styled game for ages.

12. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Havnt you guys learned anything about Hype by now?
    many of you said the same things about Crysis,FC2..all the way back to doom 3 and then after release said how much it sucked, buggy..etc.

i remember some saying similar about reading books in Oblivion, a novelty thats cool the first time or two you do it. I dont want to be negative, i hope its as fun to play as it would seem, but history keeps repeating itself and its potential flaws seems less dissapointing if you never get your hopes up.

13. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    You had to refuel in the original Mafia, but you almost never needed to in the campaign mode. I think Raplhy (at your garage) must have done that for you before each game. It better not be one of those features that gets annoying.

14. VERRY

VERRY Member

GPU:
    Ati HD5850
    i hope mafia II will support physx :D

15. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    Dude I remember in Mafia, I was driving and one of my wheels fell off the car and I skided down the bridge while the wheel rolled down with me...

Another time I was running from another family and I ran out of gas half way and they came to my car and shot me.

HOOAH FOR MAFIA 2!!

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
  17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  18. DiEgO

DiEgO Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr II
    Beautiful screens, but it is me or is becoming less detailed?

19. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Always possible some are from the console versions, but I do see what you mean.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000