Mafia 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by GT40Nutcase, Aug 21, 2007.

1. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    I would say that is BS for Nvidia + PhysX as PhysX was FREE for me to choose to use or not use on the 8800 Ultra I bought years earler to game on not run PhysX on !

They infact made it FREE for many who already had a GPU that could run it and no need to buy a crappy Ageia dedicated PhysX card !

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't mean for Nvidia users to part with money, i meant for those considering a new card, for existing owners it was a free feature.

I just got a new TV, and the end pick was based on what gave me the best image, but also which one offered the most amount of extra features within my budget, whether i even use these features or not.

Same thing with GPU's, while many will dismiss it, for those sitting on the fence, the additon of PhysX/3D/Cuda could swing it towards an Nvidia card, even if they are not sure if they would even use it or not, so that is why i call it more of a marketing gimmick, rather than a fully fledged feature, i still really like it though, but it has no rival at present, so hard to judge.

It was really well used in this game, just no implemented very well.

3. VitoFan

VitoFan Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 280
  4. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc

5. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    So, does the game run better is sli mode....or just one gpu with the other dedicated to physx.

if i turn physx off, will i get better performance then if I set cards to sli mode?

6. confused00d

confused00d Guest

GPU:
    asfasf
  7. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Yeah pretty linear not very much to in the city apart from the mission that your doing, but worth a look for a tenner. Don't bother with the dlc though, very disapointing.

8. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    I'd run in SLI mode either way with only 2 GPUs and yes u'll get better performance with physx off but I'd keep it on medium

9. confused00d

confused00d Guest

GPU:
    asfasf
    i wont bother GTA IV bored me enough this will probably put me on suicide watch

id rather burn the tenner after reading about the game

10. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    WOW! this game pleasantly surprised me..I was in doubt that I would enjoy the game since the last time I played a 3rd person game of this genre was back in '03 (GTA Vice City)..But Mafia II got me hooked :) I played it over the weekend and I am now at Chapter 10 :D (considering that I havent advanced much in Metro 2033 and COD:BO more than a month after getting the game, thats quite a feat! LOL)

Anyway, so we just finished the mission where we killed Clementi and his group, I gave Joe a ride back home and on my way to the garage I noticed these undercover looking guys...who are these guys? Are they cops surveilling Joe? I pulled out my gun and they also had guns so I shot them lol..Bad Idea?

11. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    meh not sure who those guys are, doesn't matter if you shoot em

The main game is great tho, I finished and tried the DLC, I've uninstalled for now without finishing the DLC, have bigger fish to fry (unfinished games), right now

12. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    They look like the guy who arrested Vito for the ration stamps..I just got suspicious and killed them lol..This game brings out the evil in me LMAO..My wife cringed as I shot a lady who hit my car XD

13. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I am having a blast playing this game also.

I am enjoying thee heck out of it.

14. jason_20087

jason_20087 Master Guru

GPU:
    460gtx
    not the same here mine looks really dull colours and all i hear in the game is the guys heart beat it works fine on my main monitor but soon as i try to put it onto my lcd it wont load up just stays blank screen, not a bad game for the little i have played

15. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    u hear his heart beat when he is dying, the colours also go grey scale when he is close to death that is why the colours are dull

EDIT: btw the issue of him not healing and u hearing the heartbeat because he is close to death seems to be a persistent problem on a pirated version, I tried a pirated one and that happened, but it never happened on my Steam copy, if u are using a pirated one, that may be why

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011

16. jason_20087

jason_20087 Master Guru

GPU:
    460gtx
    i thought my card was over heating with the colours he had just been shot in the yards o that would explain it, no its a real copy of the game works fine but it wont work on my dual screen setup when i try to move it on 1920x1080

17. Altazimuth

Altazimuth Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X 5870
    Using CPU PhysX currently is a fruitless endeavor.
    To get any possibly decent performance from CPU PhysX, we will have to wait for PhysX version 3 to come out.

[I tried the demo of this game, wasn't really impressed enough to buy it (though performance seemed to be ok at the time)].

:vader:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  18. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    ^ lol dude never use physx on the CPU, it uses X87 code if IIRC so runs extremely **** on CPUs

19. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Is the DLC worth it? I wasn't all that impressed with the game itself and I'm really hesitant to buy the DLC if its just more of the same stuff.

20. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    I enjoyed the game, the DLC is more mission than story based, so is a bit different, not as good as the main game IMO