Mafia 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by GT40Nutcase, Aug 21, 2007.

1. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Thank god the demo performance only applied to the demo. This game runs fantastic. I have no issues running the game @ 1920x1080, maxed, AA enabled, Physx High, sound quality high, 4xaa SS trans. & maintaining the 60 fps vsync cap. It drops occasionally but it seems to be when areas are loading. I'm only on chapter 3 so things could change later in the game but so far so good.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    waiting for REGION UNLOCK is killing me > _ >

EDIT: if u r in my situation u can give a go to

steam://install/50130 ;)

i found this solution on STEAM forums :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  3. Nchinmay

Nchinmay Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G
    man i was just looking at a video of the original Mafia on youtube and I was thinking the graphics of this game look so primitive.. i cant play that game again.. n just a few years ago when the first screens of Mafia 1 had been released on the net I was so raving about the game.. that was the best looking city ever done in a game. soo unreally good looking graphics back then..

Mafia 2 looks awesome as hell and being a fan of the epic original Mafia, i am definitely playing this one :D.. its just funny how advances in graphics makes 'once upon a time the most gorgeous' stuff look primitive... im sure ill be thinking the same when its Mafia 3 time.. for now its Mafia 2 marathon time :D

4. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    can this game get any more cinematic? the cutscenes are absolutely fantastic and the game is pretty violent, this game was definitely worth the wait. :nerd:

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  6. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    running great here, 55fps min and most time at 75 (vsync cap)

also what people say about driving? simulation mode its great, specially with snow

7. Joohan

Joohan Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus AMD Radeon R9 Nano
    Has anyone noticed that the physix stop working after a while. I was playing the same mission which was at the demo and noticed that the physics werent working properly (as in no debris bouncing on the ground when shooting, etc). I quit the game and restarted and they were back working again. And after a while they stopped working again, did the whole quit-and-restart and the physix were back. Actually I remember this happening also in the demo.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Witty comeback, did your boyfriend help you with that one.

Who said i was against the groups, though Skidrow do suck, im against you saying that your off to pirate a game in the thread for nearly every single SP game the PC gets, this forum doesn't need posts like that, it also helps developers like Ubisoft jusitify restrictive DRM on single player games.

Anyway the Skidrow crack was nuked last i heard as it has performance issues as well as an interesting health bug:wanker:

9. glObalist

glObalist Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980ti Gamin
    Umm, aren't people comparing this to GTA because it so desperately wants to be like it? I mean the gunplay, cover system, etc. all make it feel like a GTA4 mod, do they not?

10. Keith Wing

Keith Wing Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    Haven't played too much but I have everything maxxed, 16xAF, Physics on Medium without AA and it's smooth as butter at 1920x1200.

11. The Fitter

The Fitter Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    Not going to read the last few pages of this thread as I dont want to spoil this game when steam lets me play. However as I have kids itching to get going on it and I am also looking forward to playing can one of you lucky few let me know if this game has profiles (like the last one) so we can all play through at the same time so to speak. Or is it one profile only, so kids will need to wait for me to finish first?
    Thanks in advance, Dave

12. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    I could not take it...I just ordered the collector's edition off of Amazon. :banana:

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    About halfway now it seems at the early 50's, game has been great so far with some minor problems like the constant filler driving sequences but they usually talk about all sorts of interesting stuff in-between and during driving so it works out OK, more action now as well and the cars are actually decent without finding a rarer model. :)

14. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Play time - 4 hours 1 Minute
    Game Completion - 18%

The game plays so much like the first I keep getting flashbacks to Mafia 1 roof shootouts and on foot chases. Not that I'm complaining one bit as that's what I wanted from a sequel anyway.

Had an interesting run in with a group of mob guys earlier who tried to kill me, luckily for me an equal group of police intervened and a massive shootout ensued in broad daylight stopping traffic in its tracks. Bodies fell. Cars exploded. Foot chases galore. It was pretty epic. :D

15. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    My completion percentage was 18% when I started the game. Five hours in, it still is. I figure I can get infinite gameplay at this rate!

This game rocks.

:banana:

16. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Another year10 remark, sad really. The groups are supposedly killing off "your precious PC gaming" so 1 would assume that you would be against it, but its ok, I know you lot contradict yourselves on a daily basis.

The crackfix was out earlier today along with a Made Man DLC, oops "interception, our team got the ball ,sorry".

In the end, as you obviously didn't get it, I really don't care about your beliefs, and what this forum needs is reaaaally not for you to decide now is it, come on ye olde pal, you are better than that. And realistically, at a guess, I would say there are waay to many people on here who "pirate" their stuff, but like I said, your lameness , I d rather not go OT.

17. Drazio

Drazio Banned

GPU:
    FVCKING
    I finished the game on the day of it's release, it was short and sweet..I give it a 7/10.

It's definitely worth playing, but there isn't any replay value and with the lack of certain video settings the game visually looks horrible for the most part (although snow/rain scenes look good as well as indoor scenes).

I also would have liked it if they let you shoot out of a car window, I found myself constantly having to pull over, get out and shoot the chasing enemy..get back in, shut the door...blahh blah blah...smells like apple pie cookin >_> gg

18. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    It's a known fact that if you played the demo you need to go into the pc folder of Mafia 2 and click on something called 'Remove Saves'. After that the game will start at 0% and slowly tick its way up from there properly as you progress.

5 hours - Still on 18%.

Short game my ass. :D

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Still better than your year 5 one:wanker:

Was there a proper sentence in that random bashing of the keyboard:3eyes:

While its not for me to decide what this forum does, or does not need, i don't see how any the mods or admins would like this place to be filled with posts talking about grabbing, then playing pirated versions of games.
    There are already lots of crappy forums for that, this doesn't need to go down that route.

I don't care about your beliefs are either, just keep them to yourself, no one is interested in what you pirate, especially if they have paid money for it.

To keep this on topic, just got the Special Edition of this off of Game website for £27.99 compared to £39.99 off of Steam!!

:banana:

Valve really are ripping people off with the prices of new games, becoming pointless to use Steam for anything other than old games now.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  20. Drazio

Drazio Banned

GPU:
    FVCKING
    I beat it within 10 hours, that includes messing around and exploring..pretty short to me, but not call of duty short if that's what you think..