Madden NFL '06 on Playstation 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TheGriffin, Apr 23, 2005.

1. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Double Layer: 8.5 GB
    Next Generation Games: 30GB

Get it? :rolleyes:

2. gotkookie

gotkookie Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY Geforce 6800GT @ 360/1100
    It sounds like a load of crap to me, until I see the next gen consoles in person I refuse to believe it. Honestly do you think they can make an affordable system with high enough specs to have that.

3. xK Ares

xK Ares Guest

i doubt they will get ****ing 30 gig games anytime soon

4. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    its going to be funny when it finally comes out and proves all the nay sayers wrong. its definatly possible to have 30 gigs of game on the disk. they want to actually be able to hold 50 gigs with the new technology. with the graphics engines and amount of things incorporated into these new games they could reach that

5. Abunai

Abunai Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY Verto 6800 GT
    Its not a matter of whether its affordable or not. The console hardware market is a completely different animal than the PC hardware market. Every console loses money at first. The nature of the business is to bleed on your own sword in order to reap the dividends of your installed user base later on.

6. greengiant

greengiant Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    do you think it's going to be that much of a jump that the avg size of games are going to be 10X as large. they sould be getting rid of fmv and do cutscens in the game engine like halflife 2, doom 3, and halo 2 since graphics are going to be so good now, so they wont need that space fo hd fmv and as far as content goes consoles are still going to be limited by ram so the textures still aren't going to be as high res as pc so the size is not going to be as large and I'm sure the new consoles are going to use 3dc which gives 4X the compression

and they won't have to pass the cost of bluray disc or hddvd on to the customer.

7. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    well you dont know how big a game might be at the end of ps3's life. think of final fantasy 15. if indeed there is a ff15, and how big it will probably be.

8. greengiant

greengiant Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    alot of games get ported to pc do you think you will need 30GB of HDD space to play a game within the next five years cause thats about the life of a console

9. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    well if indeed this new type of dvd is gonna take over. then im sure HD's will get a massive jump in size as well. i dont know for sure, but why would they make a disk able to hold 30GB or more if it wont be used.

10. greengiant

greengiant Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    the disc are meant for high def movies and special features to be on one disc. and since there is no market for them yet it would be to early to put them in a console they might workout later when hdtv's become more popular

but do they even sell hdtv's outside of the US?

11. RTSAnime

RTSAnime Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800 GTX 256MB
    how do you know this is for the PS3. I am assuming its actually for both PS3 and Xbox 360 (and eventually the Nintendo Revolution when it comes out), seeing as they always release madden games for all possible systems. As for the Media of Xbox 360 no one knows for sure yet what its going to be. Speculation is Dual Layer DVD (which is more than enough space seeing as consoles only have to store 1 of everything, where as PC's have to store multiple sizes of textures and various size models and the biggest games are still under 5gig) or the Next-Gen storage Blue-Ray/HD-DVD (seeing as it appears they will agree on 1 standard b4 releasing).

12. Snake_Eyez

Snake_Eyez Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD4890 Vapor-X 2GB
    the trailer looks awesome:D :D :D