1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mad Max the game an industry forgot but gamers didnt

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Dec 4, 2018.

1. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Great game. Finally had the chance to play it, and its superb.
    On it´s way to become a cult game.

Stone Gargoyle and Solfaur like this.
  2. basco

basco Member Guru

GPU:
    560tfII
    i would strongly suggest to not update max with all griffa tokens because it will make the game to easy and if you go there you can only spent all tokens and not only 1 or 2 that ya like.
    great game !

3. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    i enjoyed Mad Max but i did found it repetitive. i think its a 8\10 game
    worth your time and money but nothing spectacular about it ;/

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    You guys pick my interest on this game :) , awaiting a Steam sale to get it for cheap.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    You won't regret it. Such an awesome underrated game and so few people even know about it. You'll be welcome to the club. :p

chispy and James Peckham like this.
  6. James Peckham

James Peckham New Member

GPU:
    Intel
    Mad max is great game !

7. WillG

WillG Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Classified
    Mad Max was great!

Wish they still made atmospheric, rpg, single-player open world games these days.
    Seems like everything has to be multiplayer, always online, battle royale crap these days.

8. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I’m sorry, but from just watching some reviews when it came out, I was left with the impression that it is a bit generic/simplistic. Like drive around, punch some people in the face Batman style, get scrap, upgrade, drive to the next outpost, repeat.. Are there a some game mechanics, or story arcs, or whatever (that I’ve missed) to make this one so special?

9. WillG

WillG Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Classified
    That's probably its weak point - it's sparse in-between stuff to do.
    But then again it's set in a desert, so. . .

There is story, but can be slow to develop (which was fine by me).

Its liked because what IS there, was well done, optimised and has some charm to it.
    If you like Arkham Batman or GTA type action driving, grab it - it's cheap enough these days.

10. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 970
    Makes me sad when I see how awesome Mad Max's driving is, yet they somehow cocked up the translation to Rage 2 (It feels almost identical, just nowhere near as slick). Both games use the same tech, by the same company. My mind boggles. Or am I missing something?

11. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    Mad Max is better than Rage 2. Won't be getting Rage 2 until a deep sale. Just like Just Cause 4.

0blivious and Solfaur like this.
  12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, Mad Max ran on the last version of the Avalanche Engine.
    The Apex Engine used in RAGE 2 is a drastically rewritten and overhauled version of the same tech. So, things changed.

Also, the driving in RAGE 2 is slower. Vehicles seem heavier, the game is built around speed when on foot... but vehicle combat seems focused around weight and heft more then speed.

But, both are drastically different games. I love Mad Max, but I'm having a complete blast with RAGE 2.

13. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I'm the guru-minority here but i always found Avalanche's games to be too shallow and boring with a certain level of.. dead-ness in their maps that is hard to rival. That said, I did enjoy about 5-10 hours of Just Cause 2..

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The Just Cause games never grabbed me. But Mad Max I enjoyed the hell out of, and I'm having the same fun with RAGE 2.

Solfaur likes this.
  15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Same here, bought the first JC games on steam sales, but could never get into them (except for testing new hardware in the benchmarks iirc). The setting, too cheesy over-the-top for my taste. I was blown away even more so when I found out the same guys made MM. As for Rage 2, I'll get it for sure, liked the first one a lot (I know they are not related), it was one of my last games that I got the boxed edition for.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Actually, there's a lot of lore/story stuff and locations linking the two games.

Gameplay wise... there's a lot of similarities, but differences. The main difference, RAGE is a linear game with a couple Hub locations to link missions together.
    RAGE 2 is an open world game designed around Avalanche's core open world style, blow up camps, kill badguys... take over region. Repeat. Anyone who's played their previous games should've had a strong idea of what they were getting with RAGE 2.

Solfaur likes this.
  17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    jc4 was just stupidly broken and unfinished. jesus how they released that is beyond.....

yea the driving felt better in mad max. compared to rage but rages driving is not awful plus you got to account for your driving HEAVILY armored vehicles where maxes are way less tank like and more car like. rages tend to be tanks. so they want to take wide turns that fame race and that vehicle they stick you with lol that thing could not turn to save its life.

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Looks like im the only one that didnt like this game.

You know that one game everyone likes but you dont? Thats Mad max for me. :D

alanm and cerebus23 like this.
  19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    And that's Crysis for me.

And SO many others... ;)

alanm and Undying like this.
  20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    You're not the only one. It looked promising, but near mid-game abandoned it. Had some fun, but too inconsistent and unpolished for my liking.