Mad Max game from Just Cause 2 devs announced

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Minefields are usually marked by burnt out cars being scattered around the area.
    If you manage to spot them while driving around, jut drive close to them and it'll trigger the marker on your map. Then you can come back with Dog and take them out.

2. Sergio

Sergio Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    Anyone having strange colors, high contrast problem when launching game on fullscreen please? If i alt-tab off game, my whole dekstop colors also are the same. Simply i need to put game on borderless windowed mod but this time my fps drops around %20 and stuttering alot.

I tried nvidia control panel color settings, and i am using F.lux, somehow its reseting if i play with f.lux options and nvidia color settings while game active. But its so random, and next time when starting game , colors gone crazy again. I need to do those steps each time , and if i am lucky colors go normal after a while. Hope someone knows a solution for this. Thanks.

3. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    "Are you on one of your long journeys deep inside your brain?"
    "Are you well enough to drive?"
    ~ Chumbucket

Chumbucket is the best driving buddy in a game ever.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  4. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    Hi, this game takes all my free time, i dont want play ( for now ) other game until finish it. I also keep in mind what you say " value price vs gametime "

Hi, thanks!, i noticed sometimes while driving arround " Chumbucket " say somethings that ends with " boom boom fields " or something like that. When i cant get what you say, just take his buggy and driver to inspect.

-----
    47 hours right now and really like i said i love this game, graphics are stunning, enemies AI sometimes stupid but others are ok, also what they shout to you are really funy, they are very psychos, the maps are huge and just makes you be hours just driving arround and enjoy the landscape, graphics, take epicscreenshots ( if the camera is not bug ) etc. The cars engine sound very nice, i dont know we can be here hours telling all the goods of this game have. I will continue until finish all i can.

sorry for the so so english

5. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, listening to Chum is probably the best thing to do while driving around.
    He'll point out scrap locations, enemy cars... minefields... and enemy camps. Snipers... all of it.

If you're able to really listen to him, you'll be able to keep a good eye on the world around you.

I tend to drive in first person, but once Chum says something about enemy cars, I switch to third person.
    As car combat is a lot tougher in first person. The enemies get behind you, while you can still look behind... it's a lot tougher to line up that perfect shot.

6. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I tend to do all car combat in 1st person by now, takes longer but it's more action :D

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    Yeah i hate that they force that on you, makes the picture blurry.

Also i've disabled that horrible bloom, sand doesn't glow that extreme.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Won't work, I'm afraid, as the game uses DirectX 11.

Try turning off AA and using downsampling instead.

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Not in today's deserts, no, but this is a post-apocalyptic world set after some kind of natural disaster where the oceans dried up and animals died out of diseases. No mention is made of a nuclear holocaust though, in fact, radiation does not get mentioned in this game (not sure whether the origins Mad Max movies were set after a nuclear war though).

Anyway, I think it comes across as such in this game to have this extreme lighting and it works well at adding a lot of atmosphere to the game.

10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    This is exactly the kind of article that is doing the game such a great injustice

:3eyes:

Rocksteady pretty much ruined the IP with the inclusion of their bastard child batmobile gaming mechanics. IMO. Give me Origins any day.

You couldn't be more wrong. It's been a long time since a game actually felt as though I was playing around in the intended universe this well.

Wow. As if the game wasn't cheap enough already.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/archenemy/2015/09/05/mad-max-should-be-ten-bucks/

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Honestly reading the reviews for max has made me realise how little my taste in video games aligns with modern day press.

I Have put 20 hours into it so far and I'm loving it, the combat feels great and so does the driving/driving combat imo also as a huge fan of the films including the new one I think they did a great job of making a game in the world of a movie yet not based on any of the movies in particular.

I'm baffled by how most sites seem to have a real problem with mad max yet are wanking all over mgs (which i've only put 4 hours into so far) ignoring all its flaws.

12. Xenotone

Xenotone Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    This game runs so well I can downsample from 5K heh, runs out of vram though. 4K is lovely and smooth, looks amazing.

13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Just went to download K-putt'e config as from the screenshots it's the usual excellent work, just realised that his "download link" is a deliberately mispelled link leading to spam/advertising and googling said link leads to a number of his other profiles that use the same spam link, very disappointing that, I can understand someone saying "hey I do this stuff for free, if you'd click this advert link I'd really appreciate it" but to do it in such a sneaky way seems well dodgy:

[​IMG]

(posting it as an image so that nobody else can be tricked to click on it).

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    @ Stone Gargoyle - Mad Max entered the UK Games Chart at number two, predictably behind Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which launched on two additional consoles (PS3 and Xbox 360, although their percentage sales were surprisingly small). I think the game will do fairly well overall and launching the same day as MGSV:TPP does not seem to have harmed its sales. Maybe it would have received a bit more attention and recognition had it been released mid-August, who knows? Launching alongside the much-anticipated MGSV:TPP, it was obviously going to be the underdog but it is actually a game I have been playing enjoying the most out of the two. There, I said it! :)

As for the comment about the driving being poor. All I can say is that I have no problems with it now or at the beginning of the game. The vehicles start off heavy and slow but they are very old and rusting so that kind of fits in with the post-apocalyptic setting. Once you start upgrading then the car's handling improves but I like that they have a nice sense of weight to them and they handle pretty much how I would expect them to in a desert/dusty environment. I sometimes think people pick at things like the driving model just to add another reason to why they do not like a particular game personally. For me, if the handling was really as bad as that comment made out then I would have stopped playing this game 35 hours ago!!! :D

It's a really great game. Plus EG said so and they are seldom wrong! ;)

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    What the hell... did that guy one, even play Mad Max? And two, have a clue in hell what he was talking about?

Origins being so bad they gave the series back to Rocksteady? What?
    Dude has no idea what he's talking about.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    Just download the config file and get reshade/sweetfx separately.

17. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Not really the point though is it? Fake link leading to spam, that's just completely dodgy.

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    As you slowly progress your way north and start unlocking new areas you really are taken by the wide variety of areas on offer and it really proves that as huge as the game world is Avalanche really cared about the game becoming stagnant on a visual level. The area I just entered near Pink Eye which I am yet to reach really reminds me of a Fallout game as more and more abandoned one time civilization adapted areas open up to me.

Enemy camps are now starting to become vaster too with much more enemies, scrap and insignia's to collect and with multiple paths ie Stank Gum. For a short while you almost begin to forget that you're playing an open world adventure game as the more refined linear atyle areas come into play more and more.

I've unlocked the rather awesome Thunderpoon and am becoming even more of a menace to the enemy powers that be.

Coming up to 30 hours of play and it's simply a joy to play. In fact my son and I are both playing it at precisely the same time and both love comparing aspects of the game and the current missions we are both taking on alongside telling one another fun stories that happened along the way. We even help each other out if we become stuck.

I wish Angry Joe would hurry up and post up a review as I'm confident this will be one game he will utterly love and will be every bit as confused as we all are that it's getting put down so badly in favour of MGSV by some parties.

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, I've very annoyed with how this game is getting trashed.
    I've seen multiple reviews/people making statements that with Max coming out the same time as MGSV, they simply can't recommend MGSV enough.

The game isn't getting fare and honest reviews, it's getting snowballed simply because MGSV is Metal Gear.

20. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Fortunately it was simply a mistake :)