MAD CATZ Announces LE R.A.T.8+ 1000 Optical gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    BlackZero likes this.
  2. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    The company might have stood the test of time... the same can't be said about their products.
    Plenty of stories about main buttons failing, all my friends who had one ended up with tracking / clicking issues after a few months.

On top of their insane prices... hard pass.

3. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Nah biggest issue is the thumb buttons, after a while they feel like razor blades cutting into the thumb... been the same design all the way back to the original rat. Terrible design.

4. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Had a R.A.T TE , had problems with it, the cursor would stop moving for 2-5 seconds a few times a day. Might have been on my end, usb port faulty or it could just have been the mouse. Either way i'd be willing to give them another chance.

5. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Looks like a terribly bulky remnant from early 2000. Alas, I have never used one and can't comment on its comfort. I do like the retro mouse comeback though. Just picked up the Intellimouse pro and it has been a dream so far.

6. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    It's comfortable if you're into claw grip mice, i tried extending mine to the max for a palm grip but it needed more contact support in the back because if i'd put too much pressure on the back it would raise it's tip. I have small hands btw.

Maybe they made some changes to these new ones to offer better support for palm grip users.We'll see.

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    [​IMG]
    Gave it to family member when it felt morally obsolete.
    Then after years it became morally obsolete again :)
    That thing is still working. Only weakness it had was that it did not like some surfaces.

I did consider MadCatz mouses many times as I have their top tier joystick and gamepad.
    [​IMG]
    But I was never fully happy with design + wireless functionality of their mouses. I did not feel like I need servo driven parts, but I wanted wireless functions.
    And I wanted bit more comfortable shape.
    - - - -
    Since I moved to Roccat Kone (Later Kone Optical XTD), I do not really feel the need for other brand. I like their programmability which is on par with Saitek.
    Only thing I miss is smaller size (Claw grip), for higher precision and speed.
    - - - -
    One day I'll feel need to buy new mouse again. And as always I'll check what Saitek has to offer in Cyborg series.

8. Be interesting to learn how this is a gaming mouse if you cant keep your thumb in contact with the mouse surface for a more precise and accurate control movement.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I see nothing that would prevent you from doing that.

10. If that was true it would have to look like this.
    [​IMG]

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You removed thumb rest. That's practically just above surface level. Your thumb ends up in between removed part and buttons. Precision button is at height where thumb should be in most of cases.
    And this side part can be replaced for one which does not have rest. I expect that one of replacements for right side enables you to rest your pinkie finger so it does not drag on mouse pad.

12. So you can actually remove the thumb rest then ?
    Ok sorry i said anything then im the fool :p
    I thought the thumb rest was a permanent feature i should of looked closer.

Only fingers i dont have dragging are the 2 on the mouse buttons.
    I need all the other fingers in contact with my mouse surface, its how i play.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2019
  13. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
    They could re-release their whole mouse series with updated sensors, and I'd be very happy. Miss my RAT 7.....