MacBook Air 13" 2020 Replacement - Suggestions Welcome!

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by Deleted member 213629, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Had to return my Core i3 MacBook Air 2020 13" 16GB 500GB SSD today (& after one servicing) including the AppleCare+ due to constant throttling caused by excessive heating. The unit's cooling, thermal solution is unfortunately just terrible. Anyone know of a great ultraportable, small-form factor, slim replacement without the aforementioned problems? Any Mac or PC suggestions are welcome. Man I was disappointed in Apple with this ...

EDIT: I have a workstation (my current profile build which is listed if you click on my name it's updated)

& a Surface Pro 7

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Well, there is always the Dell XPS line or the ThinkPad X series. Even Toshiba Tecra could be a smart choice. Of HP business line.
    On the more consumer grade side, Ideapads are a great balanced between price and performance.
    Budget?

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi

4. Liked your Dell idea, looked at the XPS - almost bought a brand new one then saw these that Dell had and thought they looked really cool - https://www.dell.com/mk/business/p/latitude-12-7285-2-in-1-laptop/pd - ordered one with the productivity keyboard - thing has two thunderbolt ports - forgot to mention I need something with Thunderbolt.

5. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    I am glad that you solved your problem.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.