Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
  2. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  3. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    But why is Subtle so much bigger in size? Is it due to using optimized textures? Why aren't they also included in the HQ version? I guess you consider them lower quality than the originals? MalDo textures are known to have more aliasing in them, but I wonder if that even affects me because I use 4x TXAA, which eradicates aliasing. Then I apply LumaSharpen on top to get rid of the blur without gaining more aliasing.

Your HQ builds ALSO run extremely well, but not as smooth as the Subtle one. I can't decide which one to use!

P.S. I also got confused. I downloaded the Subtle HQ mods that is huge, but then I found the Extra HQ mod, which is much smaller. Does the Extra HQ have better eye-candy than Subtle HQ 3.1?

4. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Look the Hq version have modified textures there a subtle and a warm. the size is due to the texture. the point was to let you play the game in true Ultra. Maldos textures allows you to play the game with renamed ultra textures which induce ailising. my mod has Ultra textures which reduce stutter. if you play with High textures you will see that some textures are HQ as well. I personally believe that TXAA is aweful because it blurs the game. theres no point on having HQ texture if you use that.

which subtle one do you mean by the way. ??

have you read the descriptions and realized that in the HQ versions when you set graphics settings to High it will be equal to the non HQ versions Ultra .

5. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Ok i get it now...

do not download the one one on the guru3d mirror. download the ones on the first post the ones from onedrive :)

The extra HQ one is an OLD which was meant as a test for TitansZ and other really Highend GPUS:)

just remember to set graphics setting to high when using my hq builds

6. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
  7. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    Thanks

Thanks

8. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    LOL ok well load the mod file up please :)

9. socola

socola Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 290x 4 GB
    ok, i saw your video, very nice
    I downloaded the version HQ subtle that is on "http://www.moddb.com/mods/watch-dogs-enhanced-reality-mod/downloads", still is the only one for downloaded.
    Then i set all my configurations like in your video with the difference of resolution, i play in 2560x1440.

Display Configuration
    Resolution: 2560x1440
    Vsync: Off (i have activated this via Radeon Pro)
    AA: SMAA

Graphics Quality
    Overrall Quality: High

After this i probed the game and works near to perfect.
    It´s look very nice, with ultra textures, and without stuttering.

Again thank you very much for all that you do for us.
    I dont´s start the game yet, i will wait for hq version with more bloom.

You did a excellent work man!
    CONGRATULATIONS!

10. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc

11. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    ok so what aa do you use?

12. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
  13. Zorbak

Zorbak Member

GPU:
    gtx 670 4 GB SLI
    If you set the lumasharpen feature to 2.25 in sweetfx with 2X txaa, you can get an amazing, sharp image, and waaay better temporal anti-aliasing than smaa. You guys really should try it.

14. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    how exactly does one do that sorry =/

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.
    / LumaSharpen settings /
    '-----------------------------------------------------------*/
    // -- Sharpening --
    #define sharp_strength 0.35 //[0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
    #define sharp_clamp 0.035 //[0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
    #define pattern 1 //[1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
    #define offset_bias 1.3 //[0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
    //I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
    #define show_sharpen 0 //[0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

or

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
    #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 0 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the SMAA technique.
    #define USE_FXAA_ANTIALIASING 0 //[0 or 1] FXAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the FXAA technique
    #define USE_CA 0 //[0 or 1] Chromatic aberration. You can only use Chromatic Aberration OR the Explosion Shader. Not both at the same time.
    #define USE_EXPLOSION 0 //[0 or 1] Explosion : Scatters the pixels, making the image look fuzzy.
    #define USE_CARTOON 0 //[0 or 1] Cartoon : "Toon"s the image.(Interferes with SMAA, CRT, Bloom, HDR and Lumasharpen)
    #define USE_LEVELS 0 //[0 or 1] Levels : Sets a new black and white point. This increases contrast but causes clipping. Use Curves instead if you want to avoid that.
    #define USE_ADVANCED_CRT 0 //[0 or 1] Advanced CRT : Simulates an old CRT TV display. Set gaussian blur along with it to get a halation effect
    #define USE_BLOOM 0 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_HDR 0 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
    #define USE_GAUSSIAN 0 //[0 or 1] Gaussian Blur : can be used to... blur, but also bloom/hazy/glowy look, also unsharp masking
    #define USE_FILMGRAIN 0 //[0 or 1] Filmgrain effect
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR 0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
    #define USE_DPX 0 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
    #define USE_MONOCHROME 0 //[0 or 1] Monochrome : Monochrome makes the colors disappear.
    #define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 0 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
    #define USE_TONEMAP 1 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
    #define USE_VIBRANCE 0 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
    #define USE_CURVES 0 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
    #define USE_SEPIA 0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
    #define USE_VIGNETTE 0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
    #define USE_DITHER 0 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
    #define USE_BORDER 1 //[0 or 1] Border : Makes the screenedge black as a workaround for the bright edge that forcing some AA modes sometimes causes.
    #define USE_SPLITSCREEN 0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

WHERE? and which sorry

heres the ones i guessed
    /*-----------------------------------------------------------.
    / LumaSharpen settings /
    '-----------------------------------------------------------*/
    // -- Sharpening --
    #define sharp_strength 0.35 //[0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
    #define sharp_clamp 0.035 //[0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
    #define pattern 1 //[1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
    #define offset_bias 2.25 //[0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
    //I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
    #define show_sharpen 0 //[0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

15. DonMCorleone

DonMCorleone Member

GPU:
    Asus 780 GTX DCII OC
    Man when I saw it I couldn't believe!
    The only thing that remains is subtle is different from warm!!!!
    I am just CURIOUS!!!
    Or Windows?Because you are 7 and me 8.1
    Or Sweetfx which I don't use!!!
    I am confused:bang::bang::bang:

16. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI

You are welcome guys im glad its working nice. and absolutely Use SMAA when using my mod since in my mod smaa=temporal smaa and temporal smaa = 2x rendered temporal smaa and heavier on your system.

and this is the line that controls sharpening

#define sharp_strength 0.35 //[0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening:)

:banana::banana:

yes I use windows 7 x64 and thats it man if you can get good performance with the settings i use im pretty stun since you have better specs.:3eyes: oh and dont forget to have vsync off ingame and setting it to adaptive in the nvidia control panel:)

17. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    thats just perfect man :banana::banana: thanks

18. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
  19. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Yeah they are not authorized yet:3eyes:

20. Malevolenced

Malevolenced Member

GPU:
    780ti 3GB
    So, I try again 3.0 Warm in ULTRA textures with the rest of the options in High. Adaptive vsync. 4k Resoultion (downscale), Temporal SMAA, and guess what.... no stuttering.