Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI

Yes read the mod info
    and the HQ fixed are the new ones :)

2. NikoRoots

NikoRoots Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Excellent! thanks a lot Lunayah! downloading it riiight now! :grin:
    Cheers!! :cheers:

3. CheekBoys

CheekBoys Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    What was fixed?

4. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    read The first page to know whats new and what has been change on the
    HQ, please read the mod info

5. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    No Ambient Occlusion = HMBAO

Sounds slow in latency where did you found this part of the code and can you enable it via the normal gameprofile.xml without needing to manipulate the defaultrenderconfig ?

Are there any Render output Compares also in the Noise factor and if it reduces it ?

6. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    I just replace the code so when you set the ambient occlusion off you will actually be setting it to HMBAO. I did this to make room for my other modified settings. what do you mean slow in latency!!?

7. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    HMBAO = High Quality downsampled SSAO --> can't be the name for it i never saw this Acronym before it must be a Ubisoft developed thing like their MHBAO :)

or are you mixing letters here ;)

or is it Ubisofts MHBAO with a Aditional Downsampling step to reduce Noise, so it will look more like HBAO+ High but be much slower ?

Not sure if this would even make sense for AMD user then :)

MHBAO = Multi-Resolution horizon based ambient occlusion
    HBAO+ = Horizon based ambient occlusion the + stands for compute shader based and so faster in DX11 then a normal Shader approach and higher Quality.
    HMBAO = ????

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  8. Devonte_Burst

Devonte_Burst Member

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia 780TI 3GB (OC)
    WOW.

I did not think this mod could get any better but it has. Ultra everything with MSAA8x and still runs like a dream!

Thank you Lunayah!

9. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    that one is just a higher quality ssao that is downsampled but still not slower than HBAO high :):) look in the engine files so you see:)

awesome stuff man :banana:

10. NikoRoots

NikoRoots Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    AWESOME!!
    I was curious to test with the settings u advised Lunayah : ultra textures and quality graphs settings @ high.
    oh boy! soooo soooo awesome! georgous! Even though I experienced tiny micro stuttters some time to time, performance is indeed amazing.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH Lunayah! u rock!! my favourite mod!

Walking...
    [​IMG]
    Chased...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Driving fast...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014

11. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    I will i currently try to understand what lowers the latency a lot in pures setup he has some really crazy fast 460 GTX, 560 GTX result configs that doesn't look that bad :)

also CoolerEra created one lite version based on it called Performance Test 2 also very awesome in render performance especially when using MHBAO and MSAA 2x :)

MSAA 2x has heavy impact on Visuals compared to temp SMAA it renders a lot of results much sharper (some texture result really heavy compared to others) though @ 50% render speed impact.

I guess your Temp SMAA 2x would combine this and also get the Sharper output for those textures, didn't analyzed it yet though but i guess it's SMAA T2x the same as used in Infamous Second Son (PS4) and Crysis 3 (PC) :)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  12. Omiz_Asianguy

Omiz_Asianguy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 270X 4GBDDr5
    This is a odd request! Can you create a Windy_city.game xml for always Rain weather!

13. Zorbak

Zorbak Member

GPU:
    gtx 670 4 GB SLI
    The versions keep getting better and better, the coat physics, the weather effects, the distant lod on ultra, everything really looks great. Even with textures and everything else at ultra, I maintain over 30 fps at all times with smaa on running 2 gtx 670 4gb models in SLI Maybe it's because I have 4gb per card, but I'm finally seeing virtually no stuttering at all.

14. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Awesome frames man. Im glad it is working awesome for you. I hope you can now enjoy the game the way it was meant to be played.:banana:

I tipicly dont take request. I was planing to upload my at mosphere presetns on standalone. I might throw that in there as well:)

Awesome Im glad I did a good job. I should also try the game with SLI now:):banana:

15. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Important Update

Guys first page have been updated with Stand alone files to fit the taste of most of you I hope you find them useful.:):cheers:

16. NikoRoots

NikoRoots Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    :banana::banana: great news! Brilliant idea!! thank you very very much Eddie! u are the best :thumbup:

17. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
  18. Omiz_Asianguy

Omiz_Asianguy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 270X 4GBDDr5
    Diff between Always Rain vs Always Storm?

19. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    always rain means that it rain all the time while keeping different levels of clouds, wind. lighting, and rain intensities

always storm means that you will only experience very cloudy, lighting, and dense rain, and storm lighting all the time

20. Nicmodtan

Nicmodtan New Member

GPU:
    GTX 770
    Shadow Fix for motorcycles

Lunayah

A big THANK YOU for all of the hard work you have done to make this game look absolutely beautiful! Not only that, it is amazing how you have improved the performance to run nearly perfect! I have tried nearly every mod that everyone has released for this game and your warm atmosphere with HQ is simply incredible and my #1 favorite!

The tutorials have been very helpful, and you may have covered this topic before so I apologize in advance, but is there a way to fix/remove the rectangular shadow underneath when driving the motorcycles?

Thanks - You are AWESOME!