1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Hmm, possibly the "HdrFP32="1"" setting for Ultra? I notice the other settings don't have it, nor does your defaultrenderconfig.xml, even for the HQ.

~Hmm maybe not, found an old post where TheWorse mentioned it may not actually do anything because of the shaders. It's just an old settings he left in. Oh well if I cant find it it's not game breaking, I do like the effect, would just like to lessen it some.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  2. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    hahah got you. Well cool. I personally dont like the fog due to it defeats the purpose of having nice lods. The game naturally has dinamyc lighting though. oh well whatever fits our taste:)

Umn well are you aware that if you use my windcity, colorgrading and texture you have taken his mod out and put in mine. if you wish to change specific things you need to do it through lines. oh well as long as you like it. :)

3. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Oh I definitely agree, that's why I lowered them. It looks much better now, pretty much what I was expecting before the games release. I posted it on Steam if you want to try my version with these new settings.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/243470/discussions/0/43099722142040818/

4. DeDeMouse

DeDeMouse Member

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    How to change it through lines?

5. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Theres a modding tutorial at the end of my first page:)

6. XAFAfterShock

XAFAfterShock Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC 4GB
    I'm perfectly happy with the WD HD Warm version of your mod, its taxing on the system but I maintain around 45 fps except during sunrise and sun set when the sun is blinding which is pretty realistic.

7. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    awesome man I hope you read the readme. and you are using high on the graphics settings:)

High equals vanilla ultra

Ultra equals High end rig super Ultra settings

8. CheekBoys

CheekBoys Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    Are you going to be working on this mod anymore, or is this the final version?

9. tiwana350

tiwana350 Active Member

GPU:
    660 ti amp ed.
    hey guys can someone give me the link of the lunayah s 3.1 warm with maldo textures mod. i cant seem to find it.
    or if someone can make it also with the low DoF, id be grateful, since i dont know how to do modding.
    thanks.

10. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Well I will provide support and deal with bugs and issues. Is there anything you think I should work on with this mod?:)

Well the HQ mod has a texture patch both for Ultra textures and high textures, you can read more at the first page. The DOF can also be disable in game :)

11. CheekBoys

CheekBoys Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    Not specifically, looks great as is :), also is it possible for someone to get a good comparison of this mod and TheWorse 1.0 mod? I can't get TheWorse's mod to work on my PC.

12. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Nope he still uses his Shader modifications so technically it's yours based on the TOD level setup but from the Shader side it's TheWorse his Bloom,lightprefab ect setup not tweaked by you in it's properties ;)

13. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    well if you look inside my windcity.xml you will notice that bloom, colorgrading, fog, ssao, wind, rain and weather settings. will be different. regardless of the the libs. the windcity is the one that gives the engine directions on what values to use. and if it uses my color gradings and textures that means that the game will look exactly as my HQ mod. or? I might be confused though:)

14. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Oh yeah the windy_city.game.xml is the heart of the mod. You could release a mod just with that file and still change a lot. Swapping one for another pretty much overrides the previously installed mod.

15. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Of course the Setup can define the look partly but the shaders are responsible for it and the light model the windy_city.game.xml is only the Setup file you would normaly visually edit in the Watch_Dogs Editor and manipulate the Worlds behaviour with not per see the overall Rendering this is more dependent on the Libs as those define the Shaders for the Post Effects and for example very important the SSS for example also the Lightprefab is the Logic for the Dynamic Headlights :)

How mixed up Watch_Dogs is in it's Rendering between Realtime and Pre baked you also realize fast if you push it to low setup the Pre Baked light and Lightprobes interaction will survive though the outer shading is being degraded in Realtime :)

If you get a Realy Realistic Look out of this you will also see certain things happening as for example the NPCs starting to look odd for the Game Worlds Realistic Light Environment :)

Do you find anything odd here in this example ?

http://anonym.to/?http://www.ld-host.de/uploads/images/c8a492f2567e0f9d2e8324640fb8165c.png

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014

16. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    WHATT!! haha man too technical :)
    just do a comparison and you ll see:) take theworse mod or any other mod and then use my windcity, colorgrading, and textures. then compare it with my mod.:) let the truth be unveil. Im curious :banana::)

17. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Im looking @ all of your results and analyze them :)

18. PratikL20

PratikL20 Active Member

GPU:
    radeon r9 280x tri-x
    hey i tried your hq warm mod today but i downloaded the file the day you uploaded it, ( so i dont know whether you have uploaded any new revisions of the same mod)
    so while playing i found some problem with car headlight flickering along with ugly black marks, otherwise everything is hunky dory.
    i keep shadows high and motion blur off will that affect the visual quality of the mod
    and is your mod compatible with solocreeps e3 lens flare.
    also why hq mod is so large in size.

19. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Hey you can read a description at the front page and update yourself on things. you can change any of the ingame graphics settings, read my mod related description for info.
    What black marks do you mean?
    Yes you can add solocreeps lensflares.:)

I will fix some bug related to the headlights and then I ll upload mayb tomorrow.

This mod has modified textures so they are better during high, and you will get more performance with Ultra textures

20. CheekBoys

CheekBoys Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    So when using this mod I should use high textures instead of ultra? Does high look better than ultra?