Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. flexinho

flexinho Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    Yes, it works well. It was just two times very few rain on a sunny day and then i thougt there is a bug or so, but your rain looks very very good. When it is cloudy and the rain is dense, it just looks awesome.

2. flexinho

flexinho Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    Share them wherever you want, but do it quickly, haha! I want them now! They look very good.

3. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    HQ version

@Lunayah

Thank you so much for providing a HQ version. This is making my 780ti work! I haven't gotten enough time to look at fraps but its running really smooth with just smaa set on. Does the double smaa still apply to temp smaa so I can turn it on with the hq mod and still get the effects?

4. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified

There's quite a bit of traffic on this thread so here works pretty well, either way as long as you post a link to where it's released. I'm interested in checking this out. Your lens flare looks realistic without being distracting or too intrusive. The vanilla seems bright and too in your face. Is this the same thing you were doing with the headlights? Will that be included or is that still in development? (there's posts all over the place, hard to keep up with what people are up to).

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014

5. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    anybody please? can I use the other aa's and still get the effects?

6. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Hey does anyone have the windy_city.dat file fully unzipped, particularly the graphics folder? I have a mod in mind with the textures but the gibb unpack tool keeps crashing after about 1gb, same place every time. If anyone already has them (particularly the Ultra ones) or is able to unzip the file I'd appreciate it if you could hook me up. I'm not sure why it's not working for me.

7. Devonte_Burst

Devonte_Burst Member

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia 780TI 3GB (OC)
    @Lunayah

Hey man. Great mod. Best out yet! Thank you for making this the game I was expecting. I can finally fully enjoy doing the fixer missions.

@Everyone else

Long time lurker, first time post to compliment this great mod.

I am using the E3 version of 3.1 and it runs and looks like a dream.

I changed my AA up to MSAA8x and it is fantastic. Only rare dips in framerate and no errors at all.

8. william456

william456 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    Looks fantastic:)

Plz share on here

9. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Yes read my first page description of aa :)

well get disrupt and unpack my patch files go to words, windcitygame.xml and change to windcitygame.rml. then drop it at the xml disruptor. modify it, then drop it back and the rename it to the original name. at the bottom of my first page theres a link to the modding tutorial:)

awesome you like it man

10. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    does it move around it's axis depending on the camera angle to it or is it statically always in the same position looks static from the pictures the star never changes it's angle ?

11. Ouky1991

Ouky1991 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 690
    Thanks. I didn't understand this part in tutorial, this way it worked. So if i want to reduce raining a bit is this the right part of settings:

<EnvironmentEvents>
    <WeatherPreset>
    <Settings>
    <WeatherSettings Name="Clear" EnvironmentSettingName="Clear" fThresholdValue="0" />
    <WeatherSettings Name="Clear_Rain0_Cloud0.4" EnvironmentSettingName="Clear_Rain0_Cloud0.4" fThresholdValue="0.2" />
    <WeatherSettings Name="Clear_Rain0_Cloud0.6" EnvironmentSettingName="Clear_Rain0_Cloud0.6" fThresholdValue="0.4" />
    <WeatherSettings Name="Clear_Rain0.01_Cloud0.9" EnvironmentSettingName="Clear_Rain0.01_Cloud0.9" fThresholdValue="0.6" />
    <WeatherSettings Name="Clear_Rain0.5_Cloud1" EnvironmentSettingName="Clear_Rain0.5_Cloud1" fThresholdValue="0.8" />
    <WeatherSettings Name="Storm" EnvironmentSettingName="Storm" fThresholdValue="1" />
    </Settings>
    </WeatherPreset>
    <AutomaticWeather fCurveHoursDuration="96" fTransitionDuration="60">
    <curveWeather hidNumKnots="50">

12. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    no it is further up the first 5 lines that look like this
    <EnvironmentSettingsContainer Name="Clear" fRain="0" fCloudy="0"

13. Ouky1991

Ouky1991 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 690
    Thanks for reply, i'm not very skilled at this. Could you tell me what exactly to change to get rain occurrency reduced to approximately once every 3 - 5 days? it seem its raining almost every day, otherwise the mod is perfect.

14. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    the weather cycle is default the rain has been increase just decrease the numnbers next to rain.

15. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    OMG guys after watching the videos over and over I finally manage to replicate the demo atmosphere

What do you think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. cemnahit

cemnahit Active Member

GPU:
    GTX TITAN BLACK
    i think we have to see this in motion or directly try it in our PCs ;)

17. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I'll check the post because the tutorial for the xml was down on the modding thread. I meant unzipping the dat file though to get the textures. Someone was able to help me out though so I'm good now. Not sure why it didn't work but I probably don't need to fix it now.

18. Ouky1991

Ouky1991 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 690
    Cool man, thanks.

19. cmh175

cmh175 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    This looks great man. I can see a clear difference between the other mods released. It has a similar effect TW0.97c has with the fog, but it's clearer so it seems more realistic. If you want to do a beta release I could help with testing. I figured out how to get the best performance from my rig at max settings so I could help stress test the mod.

~Is this the HQ one you mention on the first page?

20. Lunayah

Lunayah Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    no it is not that one. I just tweaked this one. Ill upload it later when I have time =)